News on Marie Rose and the New Character Phase-4

FatalxInnocence

Just my take on it, $12 is possible, but I think if they say "$5.99 for Marie Rose", "$5.99 for the outfits" and "$9.99 for Marie Rose + the outfits" they would attract a lot more people. For some reason, $9.99 looks so much cheaper than $10.00. (actually, it's called psychological pricing, but you get the idea.) They'd sell more at $9.99 because people would think they can get it for under 10 bucks (even though some states now charge sales tax on those purchases.)

I think $15 may be too much.

Hmm, well it's DOA. Buying costumes individually is like $2-$3 =\ so I don't think $15 for a character + 9 costumes is really that bad when you look at it as a whole.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
FatalxInnocence said:
Hmm, well it's DOA. Buying costumes individually is like $2-$3 =\ so I don't think $15 for a character + 9 costumes is really that bad when you look at it as a whole.

U need to bare in mind that alot of game excusive content was also made.
Combo challenge, command training, tag mechanics, and theatre mode.

If u ask me, for an extended life of a game.. thats a good deal

FatalxInnocence

U need to bare in mind that alot of game excusive content was also made.
Combo challenge, command training, tag mechanics, and theatre mode.

If u ask me, for an extended life of a game.. thats a good deal

Huh? I never said it was bad. I said I don't think it's that bad for the price. I'd be willing to pay up to $20 for it all to be honest.

ManekiNeko

Huh? I never said it was bad. I said I don't think it's that bad for the price. I'd be willing to pay up to $20 for it all to be honest.

Seems like a lot given the game itself is $40 (okay, it's more like $22 now, but you get the point).

I think I'd top out at about $13 myself. I do really want Marie Rose but I can't see paying a King's ransom for her.

I just read that Japan is going to increase its sales tax to 8% in April. Might explain the higher price tag.

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

Seems like a lot given the game itself is $40 (okay, it's more like $22 now, but you get the point).

I think I'd top out at about $13 myself. I do really want Marie Rose but I can't see paying a King's ransom for her.

Each to their own, but to me $20 is the price of a restaurant meal. It's not that much money. It's about 1 hour of work pay, out of the how many hours you work in a fortnight. ( since in Australia, you get paid fortnightly... or at least I do. ) I'd hardly claim that as a king's ransom.

I mean, it might be to you if your interest in her isn't as deep as mine. I honestly say $20 is my limit, but I would probably pay more if I had to. I like the character enough to not really care how much money she is. I'd buy her either way.

In the end, she is only $6- so it's not like you have to purchase the costumes if they go over your price range. $6 is still under $10. So either way, regardless of how much the costume pack bundled with her is you always have the option to just purchase her.

ManekiNeko

In the end, she is only $6- so it's not like you have to purchase the costumes if they go over your price range. $6 is still under $10. So either way, regardless of how much the costume pack bundled with her is you always have the option to just purchase her.

True true and I can buy the other bundle after I get some more money, but I still think it's not going to be quite THAT prohibitively expensive. Remember: We are only talking about five initial costumes.

This is what happens when we have to wait this long for the update. I think the anticipation is going to kill us before Marie Rose actually drops.

This just in: The individual costumes WILL be priced at $1.99 each. Meaning it will not cost more than $9.95 for the five costumes. You'll probably get a discount for buying all the costumes and another discount for the bundle:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/dead-alive-5-ultimates-marie-rose-will-dlc-costumes/

Last edited:

FatalxInnocence

True true and I can buy the other bundle after I get some more money, but I still think it's not going to be quite THAT prohibitively expensive. Remember: We are only talking about five initial costumes.

This is what happens when we have to wait this long for the update. I think the anticipation is going to kill us before Marie Rose actually drops.

This just in: The individual costumes WILL be priced at $1.99 each. Meaning it will not cost more than $9.95 for the five costumes. You'll probably get a discount for buying all the costumes and another discount for the bundle:

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/04/dead-alive-5-ultimates-marie-rose-will-dlc-costumes/

Oh, well there you go. Sounds like it'll probably be around the $12-15 mark for Marie & the costume pack.... since there are apparently savings involved I'm going to assume $12-13 for her and the costumes. Of course, it's all still just assumptions hahaha. Better off waiting to find out.

synce

I have a feeling she's gonna be sick af

P4? I could see her being pretty fun to play as, the problem is you need a Japanese arcade nearby. By the time she gets to consoles she'll be nerfed af ;p I'm sure Marie got the same treatment if she was even remotely strong

FatalxInnocence

P4? I could see her being pretty fun to play as, the problem is you need a Japanese arcade nearby. By the time she gets to consoles she'll be nerfed af ;p I'm sure Marie got the same treatment if she was even remotely strong

I don't think Marie is going to be nerfed to be honest. She doesn't exactly have anything that screams "Nerf me!" like Rachel's stomp in 5U pre-1.03 patch. She's already fairly punishable, none of her strikes are +frame... nothing about her really deserves nerfing. ( Unless they buff her in the 1.05 patch, which later then requires a nerf in the future. )

Chapstick

I'm almost positive she'll be $10 in the bundle with the outfits. It's such a nice even price and I'll only have to buy a $10 psn card rather than a $20 one.

Phase-4 had better not be the same price as Marie if/when she comes out as it isn't a new character model even the mist effects are recycled from the story final boss.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I have a feeling that Marie Rose herself will cost as much as the characters in Core Fighters, about $4.99 and the costumes themselves will probably cost $2.99 individually. The bundle will probably come out to $14.99 on PSN. Yes, that may seem high to us, but we should compensate TN for their effort of a brand new character. They could have easily kept her Arcade exclusive and told us to wait until DOA6 for us to even play as her. But Marie Rose is brand new and they did have to do a lot to add her to the game: dubbing, combo challenges, tag team animations (if they did that), and of course patching her into the game itself.

synce

I think TN's gotten a good bit of support already... DOA5 only came out 1.5 years ago but if you bought all the content released so far you're probably like $400 poorer. And since the arcade version is running on hardware that is easily portable to PS4, you can count on another incomplete 'ultimate' release before DOA6.

Brute

Standard Donor
Wait, there's another thread about this same exact topic?

Don't we already have like 50?

ManekiNeko

I have a feeling that Marie Rose herself will cost as much as the characters in Core Fighters, about $4.99 and the costumes themselves will probably cost $2.99 individually. The bundle will probably come out to $14.99 on PSN. Yes, that may seem high to us, but we should compensate TN for their effort of a brand new character. They could have easily kept her Arcade exclusive and told us to wait until DOA6 for us to even play as her. But Marie Rose is brand new and they did have to do a lot to add her to the game: dubbing, combo challenges, tag team animations (if they did that), and of course patching her into the game itself.

A couple of sources have said that Marie Rose will be $5.99 and the costumes will be $1.99 each (pre-bundle cost). Using those numbers, I doubt the pack together will be $15. You might see $13, but I'm thinking more like $10-$12.

ManekiNeko

$10-$12 isn't so bad actually, especially for a brand new character and debut costumes.

Agreed. Plus, it's fuckin' Marie Rose! Who wouldn't want someone as utterly cute and fun in the game as that? (that's a rhetorical question, for those of you in public school. Don't actually say "I don't", yes, I'm looking at at least one person who recently butchered Bayman.)

serafeim stefanou

if at the patch 1 05 keep continue this stupid thing with solo rank match points i mean when a ruby rank beat up even an another ruby rank take 0 points while if a ruby rank lost generally then losing as points losing before 1.04 patch. so its very unfair that and no one smart ruby rank would played to risk his points without to take points if he win and team ninja must correct that kind of horrible mistakes or else i put a bet that they ll lose lot clients. thats all.

QueenJakheiho

0003.gif

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD