NG3:RE Video Thread

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Alchemist Strategy With No UT (Mn)(Dual Katanas)
After 30 minutes of playing with the dual katanas I finally found method to kill the alchemists without spamming UT
The move is: T T > T Bow - You can follow up with shurkiens and T if its safe to do so otherwise you might get hit
Perform this move when either the mage is charging up its shield or charging its powerblow
Video:

Tried it myself and the underworld drop does work but will ONLY connect if you hit all the TTT otherwise the enemy will be to far up in the air and it will not work!

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Apparently you can underworld drop them instead of using a bow though I haven't tested myself since I'm in bed :p

Anyone wanna test and confirm?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'm trying to finish up Tomb Raider but I can test tomorrow during the day at some point.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ah you hadn't been reading the main NG thread (before the subforum came about) then. Everything he did were things that Brute, g-gill24, and myself have been talking about. Specifically using XXY (SST) to try to de-limb, keeping in motion, and using the grounded manual targeting to take out rocket enemies. Baiting out SoB obviously as well. The guy knows what he's doing and is certainly playing "right" for MN but nothing new or surprising there lol.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Ah you hadn't been reading the main NG thread (before the subforum came about) then. Everything he did were things that Brute, g-gill24, and myself have been talking about. Specifically using XXY (SST) to try to de-limb, keeping in motion, and using the grounded manual targeting to take out rocket enemies. Baiting out SoB obviously as well. The guy knows what he's doing and is certainly playing "right" for MN but nothing new or surprising there lol.

Hey, I just tested the underworld drop on the mages and it actually does work, but will only work if you connect all the TTT's otherwise the mage's will be to high in the air and it won't connect

Alchemist are a piece of cake now :)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
If you like dual katana they are, lol. I've never been a fan of the weapons personally and they're a bit easy anyway once you figure out their patterns. The fencer type are a bigger nuisance thanks to the fact that they randomly shoot one, two, or three of their fireballs with no way of telling short of being surprised, so charging a UT during their recovery doesn't always end well. You can still rush them down though.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
If you like dual katana they are, lol. I've never been a fan of the weapons personally and they're a bit easy anyway once you figure out their patterns. The fencer type are a bigger nuisance thanks to the fact that they randomly shoot one, two, or three of their fireballs with no way of telling short of being surprised, so charging a UT during their recovery doesn't always end well. You can still rush them down though.

I will spend today finding a strategy for every weapon and character

Yup Dual katanas raped every single boss in NGS2

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Yeah they did. I prefer playing for flash and efficiency but since Black I really haven't been able to lol. Certain system changes that came about in 2 and more that popped up in 3 have made it nearly impossible. Shuriken cancel juggles and combos are still possible but not with more than two or three enemies on screen.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Just found an even easier way of killing the mages!

Works With Dual Katanas/Dragon Sword (Have not tested with the females, CBA)

Basically when they are charged up, do a flying swallow which will stun them, then followed by a
(>T SSST)(DS)
(>T SSSST)(Dual Katanas)
Im still trying to figure out a method for claws :/

For Dual Katanas you can also do TTT>TSSSST while the mages are charging up but you must connect the first 3 T's or the Underworld drop will not work!

Video:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Here's another strategy using kasumi. the launch is guaranteed if you guard break them while they are trying to charge up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?annota...&feature=iv&src_vid=tzorB56RX4Q&v=9K1SnNRIU4s
For some reason it won't let me embed the video.
Because you're not actually using the YT link. I'll edit it. In the future, the easy way to do it is to get the normal YT link (the one without all the extra "annotation" and "feature" shit), put it in our media section, and then just use the medio tag on the right of the video there. Everything embeds. Just click edit on your post after I'm done and you'll see.

EDIT: You already linked it. From now on, just use the medio tags and you'll be golden.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
This method is faster than clan boosting ONLY if you and your partner take turns otherwise its about 60k less if you are boosting each round

this is also gives way more karma than acolyte 3 and is more fun :p

Mentor 25 - average round takes about 1 minute and yields 85k karma

thats 425k per 5 minutes and 5.1 million karma per hour

If you include wait times between rounds its around 410k per 5 minutes

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Okay, you're level 99, and you are still unlocking fucking Kanji!?

Anyway, I can tell you've spent some serious time on 360T. I'm impressed regardless. How many man hours do you think it took you to reach 99?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Okay, you're level 99, and you are still unlocking fucking Kanji!?

Anyway, I can tell you've spent some serious time on 360T. I'm impressed regardless. How many man hours do you think it took you to reach 99?

well I boosted on 2 people so it took me only 10 hours and I was raking in almost 1 million karma per 5 minutes

with this method it will take around 20 hours

I unlock a kanji after every round and I wondered will it ever stop? LOL

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I get about 85k from Acolyte 3 right now actually. Admittedly it's slower but it's more consistent. I did Mentor 25, cleared it in about 1:20, and got way less than 85k haha. You can't really do this wrong, either, so I'm not sure what the deal was.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD