Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge General Discussion

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Oh great, a NG3RE thread in specific, good.

So, in general, after this time over with the NiOH beta, i went to play Ninja Gaiden 3 RE again, since it is the game i spend most of the time with right now. Well, i had everything unlocked in NG3RE, then i lost my save because i turned off the console during a loading in a momment of anger, but i did recover everything that i had already.

I have a lot of things to talk about this game in general, but i'm probably one of the few that have interest in this game (well, at least in the way i have interest), Fiendbusa probably know about it since i posted some things on ninjaarchives. But also, i want to see how is the interest of this game here And how people perceive it. But in general, right now, what i'm focusing is around playing chapter challenges on Ultimate Ninja without using ninpo.
Which for Momiji is not different from a normal run, since there are few momments you would use her full ninpo instead of autumn flame.
And for ryu and Kasumi is somewhat ok, since cicada surge and sakura madoi are moves that are worth to use your ki bar. But Ayane (the character i'm also better with), has no usage for the ki meter besides ninpo, so it is weird. In general, my skill level is far from what i want, and from what i believe can be achieved in this game, but i consider myself good with the Single Katana moveset with Ryu, a bit good with lunar and falcon talons as well. I'm decent with Momiji, and i'm at my best with Ayane.

But...

I really suck at using the dual katana moveset with Ryu, which is the weapon i'm probably more interested, and i also suck with Kasumi.

This game is rough, but here i am, playing it over and over again.

Again, if anyone wants to talk about this game with me, i will be glad to have a lot of conversations about it.

For the Dual Katanas, only a select few moves are worth using. They are very under powered compared to NG2's. To be effective with the Dual Katana's you must utilize shuriken cancelling/abuse of iframes/and cancelling into T-charge.

Am at work at the moment and haven't played NGRE or NG for that matter IN FOREVER lol so sorry for the low quality post.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
^
Got to disagree with the Lunar. It is really good, it has a very high delimb rate and the amount of iframes it has on the 360T is insane.

Try ending your lunar combos by cancelling into hold T release or repush block into T -> release.

Sotherius

Lunar is actually pretty great in NG3RE.

In ng2 i'm struggling to find a use for it besites its 360 UT....

SilverForte

Lunar is the best weapon in ngII. The XXY combo is short and very powerful, plus 360 ET is broken. I basically used nothing but it for Master Ninja mode.

Chaos

If you guys are still playing NG3 add me. Let me know if you're a FSD member so I can accept your friend request.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
If you guys are still playing NG3 add me. Let me know if you're a FSD member so I can accept your friend request.

add me: fiendbusa

I don't play per say, haven't in forever but if you want to do some trials, im down.

Sotherius

Oh, hi everyone...

I'm just resurrecting this thread for one reason, and i think is a good one.

I've been analizing what dictates when an enemy is vulnerable to your attacks or not, or what dictates if the enemy is going to escape your strings mid-combo, since i started playing the game, i always deemed that as pure randomness, and all people that i've known talking about th game thinks the same, which is one of the biggest complaints about the game in general.

But, after some hours of trial and error and research, i came to a different hipothesis. I noticed that enemies possess a certain limit on how much they can escape you, that seems to be based on how much "pressure" or how much have you hit them, seems weird, doesn't it? But it seems that there is some hidden value in the game, like a stun meter perharps, where once it is at a certain point, enemies became completely helpless to you. This also seems to be affected by Windpath, testing on claw ninjas and dagger terrorists (the arab looking ones) that are enemies known to dodge everything, after two consecutive windpaths the enemy will be completely vulnerable, and i can even do Guillotine throws on them.

Further research is required, that is why i'm here, if anyone is interested in testing that out, be free, i doubt anyone still holds interest in this game as much as i do, but is worth to put this out to the public.

Also, something more simple, The bloody rage UT, is given to you after you kill 9 enemies (not counting kills with ninpo, or UT's), some enemies don't count though (like dogs and bugs), that is how at least it works on normal chapters, so that is something somewhat useful for you out there.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Oh, hi everyone...

I'm just resurrecting this thread for one reason, and i think is a good one.

I've been analizing what dictates when an enemy is vulnerable to your attacks or not, or what dictates if the enemy is going to escape your strings mid-combo, since i started playing the game, i always deemed that as pure randomness, and all people that i've known talking about th game thinks the same, which is one of the biggest complaints about the game in general.

But, after some hours of trial and error and research, i came to a different hipothesis. I noticed that enemies possess a certain limit on how much they can escape you, that seems to be based on how much "pressure" or how much have you hit them, seems weird, doesn't it? But it seems that there is some hidden value in the game, like a stun meter perharps, where once it is at a certain point, enemies became completely helpless to you. This also seems to be affected by Windpath, testing on claw ninjas and dagger terrorists (the arab looking ones) that are enemies known to dodge everything, after two consecutive windpaths the enemy will be completely vulnerable, and i can even do Guillotine throws on them.

Further research is required, that is why i'm here, if anyone is interested in testing that out, be free, i doubt anyone still holds interest in this game as much as i do, but is worth to put this out to the public.

Also, something more simple, The bloody rage UT, is given to you after you kill 9 enemies (not counting kills with ninpo, or UT's), some enemies don't count though (like dogs and bugs), that is how at least it works on normal chapters, so that is something somewhat useful for you out there.

Enemies have 2 states.

When they reach the 2nd state (their model will have blood covered on them), is when they become vulnerable to almost everything and barely dodge.

Sotherius

Enemies have 2 states.

When they reach the 2nd state (their model will have blood covered on them), is when they become vulnerable to almost everything and barely dodge.
I'm not talking about the covered in blood state, you can do the tests with a full health enemy if you want. Like i said, even two consecutives windpaths will do the trick

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Played yesterday on PSNow

Never thought I'd missing hearing Hayabusa's battle cries haha. So satisfying OT'ing enemies.

Sotherius

I'm currently working on making a video for an online event, and hori shiiet, i'm pusing myself where i couldn't with this game, but i'm going to make it.

Sotherius

What online event :eek:

Well... long story...
There was this 4chan community known as CGG, that was based around fucking around with some stylish action games, or character action, or what people call it, the 4chan thread died long ago, but there is still a discord, from time to time, there is an event called VST (/v/ style tournament), based around those games, the idea is to make stylish videos and win by popular vote...

Anyways, this video's description explain it better than me.

You can see the other videos in the challen for past entries if you're interested in seeing what is about.

Nuke-Nin

So as people have seen my post with last round disc and digital problems I've also have problems with this game on 360 xD I had all the scrabs except 1(ONE). It was on the second Ayane stage and it's funny because I beat that stage (the game really) and when I went to replay it my game froze and crashed.My friend came over with his disc and we confirmed it was my console crashing and not our discs. It felt so bad not having Ayane's outfit :(

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I'm not talking about the covered in blood state, you can do the tests with a full health enemy if you want. Like i said, even two consecutives windpaths will do the trick

"Thisalso seems to be affected by Windpath, testing on claw ninjas and dagger terrorists (the arab looking ones) that are enemies known to dodge everything, after two consecutive windpaths the enemy will be completely vulnerable, and i can even do Guillotine throws on them."

2 windpaths will leave the enemy in the second state which is covered in blood. They become totally vulnerable to anything after that.

Each enemy is programed to auto Dodge after x amount of hits. Some only dodge the first attack and if you catch them in the second string they won't Dodge the rest.

Some don't even dodge, instead they auto block like crazy. This can be resolved by simply using two heavy attacks consecutively.

You can combat the auto dodge by resetting them with a shuriken, though they still have a chance of dodging your first hit.

The mini regents are an excellent example of abusing the reset on them.

Enemies also never mid dodge a heavy string combo aside from the ones that are programed to auto dodge like crazy.

But I could be taking out my ass. I haven't played this game seriously in years, just typing from memory lol.

Those green spider ninja come to mind as well. They roll around like crazy, though one shuriken will stun them enough to get an attack in. They still have a chance of blocking your hit but if your next hit is a heavy attack it will connect, if it's a light attack they might continue to block.

Seems like the programing logic for A.I is both hard coded and some randomness.

Last edited:

Sotherius

2 windpaths will leave the enemy in the second state which is covered in blood. They become totally vulnerable to anything after that.
No it doesn't. heheh.

And the auto dodge seems less hard coded and less random the more i play, like you can force the enemies to take the full thing afer certain points (again not the covered in blood state).

I'm testing this out as i advance more with the game, is just being fun.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
No it doesn't. heheh.

And the auto dodge seems less hard coded and less random the more i play, like you can force the enemies to take the full thing afer certain points (again not the covered in blood state).

I'm testing this out as i advance more with the game, is just being fun.

I was thinking of doing an UN run on a random chapter and commenting to get an idea of how I think the game works/my play style and then we can discuss and get into more details.

Sotherius

I've been doing more tests, and sadly, it seems to be very specific to some type of enemies, there are some enemies that you simply can't get a real stun on them. But i'm still progressing, here we go bois.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I've been doing more tests, and sadly, it seems to be very specific to some type of enemies, there are some enemies that you simply can't get a real stun on them. But i'm still progressing, here we go bois.

Alchemists

gotta love em loooool

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD