Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge General Discussion

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
I've been doing more tests, and sadly, it seems to be very specific to some type of enemies, there are some enemies that you simply can't get a real stun on them. But i'm still progressing, here we go bois.

Hey,

I have my old 360, you down to play some MP together?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
ehhh... i don't have gold, sadly. and ng3re is a game that i like to keep single player, i hate that the missions were balanced with co-op in mind...

I don't think any thought was put into the trials. UN9 makes no sense xD

You can solo all the master Ninja trials, it's just the UN trials they made bonkers impossible to solo unless you 360T your way lol.

Dark_Blood_NG

i want to see how is the interest of this game here And how people perceive it [...] Again, if anyone wants to talk about this game with me, i will be glad to have a lot of conversations about it
Hi, Sotherius, I remember you from the Ninja Archives forum

I really like RE, I actually like the concept behind it a lot. To me, with RE, Team Ninja wanted to keep the difficulty and sense of pressure really high like in the past games, while letting the player use the full moveset of the weapons, putting a bit more emphasis on ground game instead of spamming Izuna or GT. They also removed ninpo spam and UT spam, as well as instant delimb moves. The result is that the game it's still very challenging, but also looks really really cool in movement. This is not to say that past NG games don't look cool, but this one let the player showcase all the moveset, finding a practical use for all moves and combos, encouraging the player to use all of them for speicifc pursposes.

Though, I've always find this game much harder to learn compared to the others, so I actually had to take a break from it a couple of years ago and I still have to return to it. Right now I'm playing Sigma 2 and I'm doing a challenge run. I like it and find it more "relaxing" and easier than RE, and it's helping me getting the hang of some bosses. Though, once I'm done with it, I'll go back to RE, this year I hope.

When I stopped playing, I was learning Master Ninja story mode. Which means that I play Ryu and a little bit of Ayane. Of course I ban the scythe 360T and I mostly use the sword. My goal was to become good at doing all the ToV's and the boss fights, where Liz is my historical nemesis (though finally I think I got the hang of her), while improving my skill against mobs as well. Plans for the future were to learn all the weapons and start playing UN. I think Kasumi look cool as hell too, so I'll try her in chapter challenge in the future. I'm not into coop and ninja trials though, for the same reasons as you, I just don't see coop fit much in NG.

So, I think I'll speak about RE a bit more in the future, if you'll be here.

Brute

Standard Donor
Interestingly, I actually find RE to be more "flippy" visually than NG2, which is something I don't like about it. A good example is the Dragon Sword OTs, where in NG2 they were fast and flashy but were generally focused on a limited number of strikes that were as deadly debilitating as possible. But in RE they all have far more spinning and unnecessary flashes that don't at all feel as deliberate or targeted, which really takes away the "cool, quick and precise" ninja-like feeling I get from NG2. It carries to other moves as well (the standard attack chain gets really derpy), and with the blood looking far cloudier now and obscuring the screen, the game really went to extra lengths to make itself visually less cool than its predecessor. Ryu in RE always looks to me like he's flailing about randomly, whereas in NG2 he always looks like he has his shit together.

I don't mean to rag on RE all the time just to annoy people who like it, but this is a point I don't think I've articulated clearly in the past, before.

Dark_Blood_NG

in RE they all have far more spinning and unnecessary flashes that don't at all feel as deliberate or targeted, which really takes away the "cool, quick and precise" ninja-like feeling I get from NG2. It carries to other moves as well [...]
I don't mean to rag on RE all the time just to annoy people who like it, but this is a point I don't think I've articulated clearly in the past, before.
It's a legit opinion! I think they wanted to make movesets that looked completely fresh, if they tried to make it look "quick and precise" as you described it they would have probably struggled to do something completely new compared to NG2. It actually seems to be more in tune with the different type of gameplay in which you perform full combos instead of single deadly strikes. Ryu is more flashy.

Sotherius

Personally, the i love the animations in NG3RE, mainly for UT's and regular attacks, UT's because they're fast and they end fast (yeah, i know it makes sense UTs in NG2 to take like a long time to finish, because that game you need all the invincibility you can get), but i definetly miss the small UT ender that Ryu does in NG2 where he just holds the DS in some sort of taunt, it looks so cool.

About the OT animations though, i will say they work better in NG2,(put in mind that i mean just the animations, i preffer OTs mechanically in ng3re), because the idea of an Obliteration Technique is just to finish the enemy fast, like a mercy kill, and NG3RE OT's look more brutal, but i honestly think this is just because they had to reuse assets from vanilla ng3.

Anyways, i am here to talk about any Ninja Gaiden any day of the week, i'm a fan of the series in general and i spend a lot of time trying to improve my play on them.

DeathHand

the wii u emulator works Bayonetta 2 and Zelda really well now, probably plays NG3 too? emulating ps3 must be WAY more complicated and demanding

DeathHand

KT better get working on that Ninja Gaiden HD Collection before this becomes a thing.
my friend gave me his sigma 1 and 2, I´m so considering getting a used ps3 now that they are so cheap, would make it complete for me since I already have Ninja Gaiden/Balck and 2 on the xbox´s, but I would prefer a remaster collection and just have it all on the ps4/xbox one, not sure it will ever happen though...

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
3 Years later and NGRE looks to be playable for the most part. I think I was running this upscaled to 1080p but since the collection is coming, im starting to following Xenia now for that NG2 vanilla on PC. It's currently playable on PC but only the eyes of the models render. It's hilarious!
1615663595950.png

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD