Nioh General Discussion

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
its interesting, although TN has lost many of its hack n slash fanbase its drawing most of its hype from Onimusha fans and Darksouls fans. if this does well it will probably surpass Ninja Gaiden.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Watching the gameplay against what will likely be lesser enemies has me excited. I just want to see if they allow bosses to be affected by hit stun. Usually developers opt to ignore it with bosses in favor of a cheap boost to difficulty. I want to see challenging bosses that react to my attacks properly.

Brute

Standard Donor
I'm disappointed to hear that they seem pretty set on your protagonist's appearance. I was actually hoping you'd be able to pick from several different playable characters who each have unique gameplay elements, but oh well. I am relieved to see him using a spear in the last screenshot, indicating multiple weapons (should be a "no duh" feature, but NG3...).

Koei Tecmo decided to go exclusive on PS4 to use the console’s popularity in order to support the learning of Japan’s rich supernatural tradition.
What?

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Lets support the learning of Japan's rich supernatural tradition by limiting access to our game.

Someone said its going to be a Japan exclusive so maybe thats why.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I need to watch that when I can do so from my couch. I have some thoughts.

NinjaRayMan

Looks like the Hayabusa village level from NG Black. Really like the slower game play and it looks like there are 4 stances on that bottom right wheel in the corner. Very good looking stuff. Can anybody translate a rough overview of what they were explaining?

Brute

Standard Donor
Well, someone's been playing a lot of Dark Souls. And yet somehow it still looks ike Ninja Gaiden more than Ninja Gaiden 3.

I have to admit that it's somewhat nostalgic to see yellow essence pouring out of slain opponents again.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I like the seriousness to the combat, not much a fan of the AI as it decides who will attack but I'm just going to chalk that one up to the seriousness of the combat for now. It gives the effect of "a single hit could kill you" like fighting games of old. It's not haphazard attacking hack & slash.

Brute

Standard Donor
So is there a reason I should be interested in Ni-Oh, or should I just buy Dark Souls 3?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD