Nioh General Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Didn't they already announce everything

Not everything is announced. They still have those special broadcasts thing going up but I wouldn't get my hopes up on those to be honest.

I mean, if that character turns out to be an ancestor of Ryu, for all we know, the next NG could be a prequel from the very past and the history behind the Dragon Sword+Clan members.

Last edited:

NinjaRayMan

As awesome as I think a NG set in feudal Japan would be, it would make it too similar toNioh right now.
Anyone know when Team Ninja is set to demo the new Nioh DLC at TGS?

Sotherius

Oh hell no, I want to play as HAYABUSA!!!
Well, Hayabusa is the family name... So that would still remain true... hahah.

But, yeah, Ninja Gaiden has to be about Ryu, but if they release NG4, i would be happy with a spin off based on another character (like Jo hayabusa when he was young), with the same gameplay after that.

But assuming this Dragon Ninja in NiOH (i'll call him that way for now on), is some Ryu's ancestor, and not a cameo from ryu himself (which is what i want), i wonder what his name will be, or if he will be named at all.

just_me

Standard Donor
I fail to see why people try to read anything meaningful into this… it's just a bit of fan service.

It's probably going to be a side mission where you fight the “mysterious Ninja/Shinobi” without any further explanation given, you can tell that it's the top of the grassland stage which is also used for other duels (just at night), if we get lucky we can get smithing texts for the gear, if we get really lucky we might get a transformation (probably not though)

UpSideDownGRUNT

I can see some nonsense about Hayabusa being a good friend of Hanzo and that's he's a true test of skill for William.

Though, if it's actually Ryu and not a ancestor then I wonder why they didn't use his much more recognised Legendary Black Falcon.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I don't really care about the Hayabusa bonus fight or whatever...

tumblr_owl5hvMWRV1vsb5ezo1_1280.jpg

What figure in history is she supposed to represent!? I know that apparently Fuku has some ties to Lady Kasuga and most of the other females in the game have sorta ties to historical counterparts as well.
This has me even more interested because the boss that is shown fighting against William and 2 other Samurai has clothes very similar to hers according to my bad eyesight. I'm thinking it's Oichi Oda because...Sengoku Basara lol.

just_me

Standard Donor
What figure in history is she supposed to represent!?

Yodogimi
Yodo-dono(淀殿) or Yodogimi(淀君) (1569 – June 4, 1615) was a prominently placed figure in late-Sengoku period. She was a concubine and second wife of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, who was then the most powerful man in Japan. She also became the mother of his son and successor, Hideyori. She was also known as Lady Chacha (茶々). After the death of Hideyoshi, she took the tonsure, becoming a Buddhist nun and taking the name Daikōin (大広院). In 1614, she led an Anti-Shogunate rebellion.

20170922-nioh-32.jpg

That image, right? No that's not her, that's just (an) Ogress and the image is not from any story content, but from the new Abyss mode (with 3 player co-op)

Last edited:

Sotherius

I just started playing the second DLC, tell me again, how do i do the thng on reforge to give me the special effect that i want?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Just saw the Dragon Ninja fighting William. It's a completely different VA from the sound of it. He can do an Izuna Drop, Flying Swallow, and Inferno ninpo. He seems to be just a cameo.

Inferno Ninpo can be used for William.

@just_me Is that room in the back with the fire all around (where director fought Nue) that Abyss mode? was confused with those boats via those dwellers with hats.

I just started playing the second DLC, tell me again, how do i do the thng on reforge to give me the special effect that i want?

You mean Umbracite/Divine Umbracite etc? - when you are highlighting a weapon press triangle to temper. It's not a instant pick on any of the traits so you may have to reforge a few times to eliminate certain traits that can't be paired with another or ones that you already have. There's also the standard reforge but it costs money/divine/regular and a bit of luck.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
It appears William can use the Art of the Inferno now, as well.

If we can't get the izuna drop as a ninpo skill I'll be so disappointed.

just_me

Standard Donor
@just_me Is that room in the back with the fire all around (where director fought Nue) that Abyss mode? was confused with those boats via those dwellers with hats.

Yeah pretty sure that was Abyss mode. According to the info we have you can either run straight to the Boss, or clear some sub-areas to make the boss easier, I guess after that you take a boat and it loops back…

They were faster with the trailer this time around:

So I guess main story bosses this time are Hideyori, the bird, Yodogimi and I'd assume Maria again…

edit: someone ripped (most of?) the game play from the stream

didn't notice while watching live, but looks like they did add more shortcut bars (4 in the stream game play), hope it's a learnable skill, or it automatically omits empty bars, since I'd probably keep it at 2 or 3 bars, otherwise cycling becomes such a chore. Cycling through a full item shortlist in Souls games is the worst…

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD