Nioh General Discussion

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
By the way, did Revenants improve? I've encountered quite a few where they are immune to hits that normally causes them to flinch or stagger.

NinjaRayMan

has anybody figured out what abyss mode is exactly? Is it a horde mode? Is it designed purely for co-op?
If it’s like mission mode in NGB, I’m stoked. If it’s like the later ninja trials in NGS2 or NG3RE, I’ll pass.

Brute

Standard Donor
Only one new sword skill, but it is a handy one.

edit: Has anyone figured out how to farm cracked ochoko cups?

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Only one new sword skill, but it is a handy one.

edit: Has anyone figured out how to farm cracked ochoko cups?

No idea. Curious though.

---------------------

Also, has anybody got any weird bugs with Abyss? sometimes Abyss will kick you off the game at random times. Not even kidding here, I joined one floor and as soon as I jumped in the crucible, it told me I only had 60s or else Abyss will kick you out the mode. Is this just a bug? I mean, why would we get timed for this in the first place?

EDIT: So it looks like you can go higher than 99 stat.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
EDIT: So it looks like you can go higher than 99 stat.
Oh? Do they expect us to respec in light of this? That would be unforunate, since I would rather floss with barbed wire than have to unlock every Samurai/Ninja/Omnyo skill again and remap them accordingly.

I want to explore Abyss mode more, but until I figured out how to get more cracked ochoko cups I don't really want to spend them.

Side note: Why are there three types of armor when every enemy kills you in one/two hits?

Sotherius

Ok, just did a quick search on youtube while my patch downloads.
It seems that the Hayabusa you fight in NiOH is called Jin Hayabusa. Hanzo also says some interesting stuff on the complete mission text.
Honestly, at this point i'll just consider NiOH as part of the DOA and NG timeline, even if it really doesn't matter because there is a 400 years gap, but is just so cool!!!!

Puño de Leyenda

Long time no see guys @Brute and @DestructionBomb!

I think you guys will be happy to know that the IZUNA DROP is available in the game!:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/72jprb/good_news_motherfucking_izuna_drop_can_be_learned/

Apparently, according to this and some other Nioh Reddit threads, it seems that you have to farm Hayabusa to get it and that this is an out of ki grapple ability.

Also, his gear set, including Dragon Sword and Kusarigama are obtainable.

GOTY 2017 keeps on getting better!!!

EDIT: English Version Image of Izuna Drop Unlock-
OPteuVx.jpg

And Video:

Last edited:

Kensei25

Ok, just did a quick search on youtube while my patch downloads.
It seems that the Hayabusa you fight in NiOH is called Jin Hayabusa. Hanzo also says some interesting stuff on the complete mission text.
Honestly, at this point i'll just consider NiOH as part of the DOA and NG timeline, even if it really doesn't matter because there is a 400 years gap, but is just so cool!!!!

Hiding my reply just in case....

OMG, amazing! Team Ninja has officially it seems now linked the NG and Nioh universes, which has incredible implications for both franchises. Possibly something that will be more fully explored in Nioh 2??? Team Ninja has indicated that William's story ends with this game---could the new protagonist of Nioh 2 be connected to the Hayabusa clan?!

just_me

Standard Donor
English Patch notes:
https://imgur.com/a/dOCyT

I think I actually got most of the interesting changes back then…
They also reduced the duration of all the Dmg X2 and Nullify Dmg buffs, the one after Dash attack is so short that you can't do anything with an Odachi (and probably Axe as well)… Dmg bonus seems to be around 1.5 at least, so still rather significant.

It's 3 proper main missions this time, though the second one is rather short and there is no unique side mission map, but the final mission is probably the longest in the game. 9 Side missions (and 1 Twilight) so more stuff to go through compared to the previous DLCs. Well they did name the Hayabusa Ninja after all, but there is still a Mysterious Samurai to fight. Lots of Boss battles in general… and they were really keen on missions with NPC allies.

If you get the 2 Hayabusa skills, they are immediately learned, no skill points required. Izuna drop is Sword only, so I guess it technically got 2 skills as well.

You get Cracked Ochoko cups as Twilight Mission rewards (first clear), means up to 10 per day. They can also drop from enemies, though that seems to be pretty rare (maybe higher chance on Wise/Nioh, played through the content on Demon first)

Looks like they went for more unique set bonuses and fixed skills this time. The Shuriken bonus from the Hayabusa set is hilarious XD
Some stuff looks interesting…not sure if I'll change anything though.

Also raising Dex and Magic above 100 increases the respective capacity again. New stat cap is 200 not sure about Level cap though… could go all the way up to 1600 lol

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
Long time no see guys @Brute and @DestructionBomb!

I think you guys will be happy to know that the IZUNA DROP is available in the game!:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/72jprb/good_news_motherfucking_izuna_drop_can_be_learned/

Apparently, according to this and some other Nioh Reddit threads, it seems that you have to farm Hayabusa to get it and that this is an out of ki grapple ability.

Also, his gear set, including Dragon Sword and Kusarigama are obtainable.

GOTY 2017 keeps on getting better!!!

EDIT: English Version Image of Izuna Drop Unlock-
OPteuVx.jpg

And Video:

Ran into more info about Hayabusa set bonuses-

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nioh/comments/72lil3/damage_increase_by_hayabusa_set_bonus_great_stuff/

Supposedly the sword will become the
True Dragon Sword and glow purple if you have the full set or 6 pieces with a Yaskani(No pic of that in link).
EOBJAyk.gif

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Is the DLC out for NA?

My dog ate my controller so im debating whether to drive to walmart and pick one up lol

Brute

Standard Donor
Anyone interested in teaming up to farm Hayabusa on WotW?

Got both the Inferno and Izuna as well as the full set.
Izuna is the most satisfying shit ever, and the True Dragon Sword appearance is awesome.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Trying to catch up. Yukimura is a bastard. Having a lot of trouble with him. I can play patiently for only so long lol. I'll kill him tomorrow. Long ass day today.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD