DOA5LR No people on PC... Really sad

Ciozun

Hi people :l

ACTUALLY there are almost no players on PC.
I knew they were few , but after 200 hours of playing I haven't met more than 50 people and usually, if you play connected online for a hour, you won't find more than 2 people...

Just don't buy it on PC (great game though)

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
It's no surprise when people are not able to play the game online properly, even if they really would like to do so. Having to rely on a slow, barely working auto match-making system that doesn't even allow you to decide who you want to have a fight with is anno 1994 and hilarously stupid compared to what other modern games offer for online experience.

It is even worse since jumping online will always(!) include the risk of losing something (points) for at least one player - understandable that no one likes to do this constantly. We all know that losing something does always lower the fun and motivation no matter how relevant it actually is. Modern games should be well made enough to be always kinda rewarding to the players playing it - just like in the the diablo series for example, where you will always "earn" something when turning it on and jumping into.

Doa5LR for PC is great for people like me who like to have some quick offline matches, either against the AI or a local friend but not for those who aim to mainly play it against human opponents online.

Shodaku

PC online is not dead, though it's hardly great I can usually get a game when I want to. There are way more people on the weekends--if I load it up on a lazy Saturday or Sunday I can consistently get a variety of opponents. On weeknights it's more touch-and-go, there are times it's like what OP is saying about getting 2 people an hour.

I agree with CookingMama on the getting friends part, I always check if anyone on my list is playing and if no one's on there's a decent chance if I load up DOA5 someone else will join in. I need to build up a bigger group, it definitely beats going in cold and having no idea if there's an opponent out there. I do have to admit if I had no Steam friends playing I might have lost interest by now.

It is even worse since jumping online will always(!) include the risk of losing something (points) for at least one player - understandable that no one likes to do this constantly. We all know that losing something does always lower the fun and motivation no matter how relevant it actually is. Modern games should be well made enough to be always kinda rewarding to the players playing it - just like in the the diablo series for example, where you will always "earn" something when turning it on and jumping into.

I've wondered about that point swing issue...the main problem I have with the current points loss is when there's a large rank difference mixed with also a ton of lag. If I legitimately lose to someone 6 ranks below sure I deserve a big point drop, but if I lose because I stumbled into a game so laggy I can't block anything it feels like a rip-off and I get frustrated.

For that reason I set my rank search settings to near my rank and up, which admittedly isn't so friendly for having a large playerbase. I'd be more wiling to expand that--not to mention use a wider variety of characters--if the consequences were less sharp. I still want to leave my region setting at "Any" because there are plenty of good overseas players who I have acceptable lag with, I'm just talking about the games that play like PowerPoint slides where any kind of defensive play doesn't work.

Ciozun

It's no surprise when people are not able to play the game online properly, even if they really would like to do so. Having to rely on a slow, barely working auto match-making system that doesn't even allow you to decide who you want to have a fight with is anno 1994 and hilarously stupid compared to what other modern games offer for online experience.

Doa5LR for PC is great for people like me who like to have some quick offline matches, either against the AI or a local friend but not for those who aim to mainly play it against human opponents online.

Well it's a shame that PC is relegated as a "quick offline matches" machine...

You can sometimes strike gold depending on the time you log in. I've met a lot of doa friends through the steam version. Otherwise you better hope you are chinese because they are the only ones playing the game online.

I'm italian... Do you think that I would be able to meet Chineses when it's evening there?

Shodaku

Just wanted to hop in here again and say Steam/PC has been lively today--I've been on and off all day and found a good variety of skilled opponents. Saturday noon to roughly midnight (in EST/eastern time zone) is usually good for finding games, and Sunday is often only a little slower.

Unfortunately it is true weekday games are harder to get going, but building up Steam friends has made it easier to make sure someone's on when I want to play. That's definitely the way to go for consistent games.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm convinced majority of players that have PC just use mods and never play online.

When it comes to playing online PS4 definitely has more players and better options bit PC apparently has the better netcode.

Tbh though, if I was forced to only play rank I'd never play online either, in fact I already hate playing online as is.

WAZAAAAA

PC online is dead because I MURDERED IT.
L5xLYCQ.png

NightAntilli

I'm at a small apartment with a crappy connection. The house I'm building is almost done. In less than a month I'll be moving there, and I'll have a much better internet connection. I'll see if I can break his streak, which I probably can ^_^

WAZAAAAA

I'm at a small apartment with a crappy connection. The house I'm building is almost done. In less than a month I'll be moving there, and I'll have a much better internet connection. I'll see if I can break his streak, which I probably can ^_^
You're doing it wrong, you have much higher chances to win with a bad connection than a good one.

NightAntilli

Not really ^_^ I play very badly in bad connections. Besides, I wouldn't like it if I won due to lag anyway. It needs to be a legit win.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I wouldn't be surprised if China, Taiwan and Russia end up having a considerable number of players online than most other regions.

extravagant

my rant post about PC netcode in the past

title thread asks it all... WTF happened to them saying PC was gonna be online? they're like releasing other games and making new costumes packs but not even talking to us about their delayed PC patch to play online...

I paid full price for the PC copy and for it to be incomplete is a huge insult to faithful fans/buyers
I paid full price for the PC copy and for it to be incomplete is a huge insult to faithful fans/buyers

my second rant post about it:

Excuse me guys... but didn't we FUCKING pay for this SHIT???

Unforgivable... quite enraging actually. I'm one who wants to play this game competitively and actively online with other players, and them not granting us that is just downright deceptive, dishonest, disrespectful, and unfaithful to PC players.

"Well why don't you get a PS4?"

Cuz I aint got money, and my PC rig is way better than PS4. Don't give me that exclusivity shit, that's bullshit. That would not fly at all here if it was an American company.

And last but not least WE PAID FOR THIS SHIT! And it's been almost a god damn year and STILL nothing.

What a disappointment

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD