No Tag Mode Thoughts

PhoenixVFIRE

I personally want tag simply bc for casual play being able to have 4 ppl playing at once is really nice and it's just fun. Who cares if it's broken, it's still fun. Also, if they take out tag, then I want to be heavily compensated, I want lots of interactions and intros and outros for characters or some type of customization. Spice shit up, like Injustice having characters attack each other in the selection menu is so funny.

I'll also settle for it coming back in an expansion of the game too.

SaihateDYNAMO

It's crazy how tag went from being such a well-loved and popular mode to the point were TN seriously considered making it the main mode/selling point of future games to being thrown aside like this... I will admit though, they totally dropped the ball with tag in 5. DOA4 and it's tag mode was far from being balanced but I don't remember there being easy 75% juggle loops and literal infinite combos like in 5's tag mode (I honestly didn't see any real ISSUES with 4's tag mode; I always thought it could have been viable in tourneys). In 5 everytime someone gets launched it feels like they're fighting in a zero gravity chamber which led to some crazy nonsense, which then led to people complaining or something.

With it being gone now, I seriously hope they replace it with something else since they don't have to spend as much time balancing characters' properties around both single and tag anymore. That means I shouldn't be seeing box or circle-shaped stages anymore, TN!!!

Gone but never forgotten :(

Last edited:

Strangerinmytub

I think it's a shame to see Tag Mode go. It is super fun and interesting to try to rotate your fighters out to let them and heal or to string together some sick tag team combos.

I also think that one important thing tag mode does is further develop the fighters and their relationships between each other. The Unique Intros/Outros and Unique Tag Combos reflect each fighter's personality, fighting style, and relationship with their tag partner. It's an indirect way of improving the story and adding depth to the Dead or Alive universe.

Warriorpluto

Only people complaining about unbalancing in tag mode are the main ones that got tore up in that mode lol sore losers. Now with that said I'm not purchasing until i get a complete game. Whenever they decide to add tag mode back in I'll purchase it. We have enough single player games like street fighter and mortal combat . They get boring after a while because nothing exciting like tag mode to play. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite sucks because the roster sucks. Dragon ball z not my cup of tea. Now what other cool fighting games that have tag that are good like DOA? None.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Only people complaining about unbalancing in tag mode are the main ones that got tore up in that mode lol sore losers. Now with that said I'm not purchasing until i get a complete game. Whenever they decide to add tag mode back in I'll purchase it. We have enough single player games like street fighter and mortal combat . They get boring after a while because nothing exciting like tag mode to play. Marvel vs Capcom Infinite sucks because the roster sucks. Dragon ball z not my cup of tea. Now what other cool fighting games that have tag that are good like DOA? None.

Oh yeah? I can kill just about anyone in tag and yet I -also- think it's a broken mess. Come at me broz. Until then.....

tumblr_inline_oqwdtoctFg1se257g_540.png

i sLeeP

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You're one of those cry babies. Missed my whole point of having something in a game for EVERYONE. I'll smash you in solo and tag. Now come at me bro

Ahahaha cool story. Sure, we can play. I am quite confident I'll win in both but suit yourself heh.

First one to 10 wins in solo
First one to 5 wins in tag

Official rules for solo is 3 rounds/60 seconds/normal health. (In case you are living under a rock, placed that for you).

Official rules for ta- oh....right, they don't have one lmao.

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Oh no, he vanished. Looks like I win by default kek.

Last edited:

Raansu

Tag really only had a scene in EU, and it was pretty small. Hardly anyone played tag in any of the DoA games, so it makes complete sense that they don't waste resources / dev time on the mode.

Me personally, I hate tag so I really don't care that its not going to be in 6. Sucks for the small number of people that liked it though.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Tag really only had a scene in EU, and it was pretty small. Hardly anyone played tag in any of the DoA games, so it makes complete sense that they don't waste resources / dev time on the mode.

Me personally, I hate tag so I really don't care that its not going to be in 6. Sucks for the small number of people that liked it though.
60% of EU lobbies was tag tbf

Dr. Cheesesteak

Standard Donor
Interesting read here. I'll just say this: before DBFZ and BBTag came out, the only tag game played was MvC2 (not counting MK9's optional mode). I've realized I don't like tag games as much as just 1v1. So DoA6 having or not having tag mode doesn't really mean anything to me. But having it as optional, i don't see why that'd be a bad thing.

Raansu

Interesting read here. I'll just say this: before DBFZ and BBTag came out, the only tag game played was MvC2 (not counting MK9's optional mode). I've realized I don't like tag games as much as just 1v1. So DoA6 having or not having tag mode doesn't really mean anything to me. But having it as optional, i don't see why that'd be a bad thing.

Having an optional tag mode isn't a bad thing, its just obvious they have a time constraint and a budget to follow. TN said themselves that not enough people played the mode to justify putting resources towards it. Like I said before, sucks for the minority that liked it, but it is what it is.

Radiance

I think DOA4 tag was better than 5's. No outrageous float combo's. In DOA4 online it was fun playing tag mode online with a partner vs other teams. There were "cool combos" you could do, but that wasn't the main focus like in DOA5. Wish it stayed like that.

coldpieceaj

Did this happen already? I for sure wanted to see LOL

Edit: and I just saw that you said he vanished. Darn
Ahahaha cool story. Sure, we can play. I am quite confident I'll win in both but suit yourself heh.

First one to 10 wins in solo
First one to 5 wins in tag

Official rules for solo is 3 rounds/60 seconds/normal health. (In case you are living under a rock, placed that for you).

Official rules for ta- oh....right, they don't have one lmao.

--------------------------------------------------------

EDIT: Oh no, he vanished. Looks like I win by default kek.

GarryJaune

speak of tag mode ,I don't really care about it
but,it is always a good point that offering players more choices so I hope it could be back in future DOA6 version

Dr. Cheesesteak

Standard Donor
Having an optional tag mode isn't a bad thing, its just obvious they have a time constraint and a budget to follow. TN said themselves that not enough people played the mode to justify putting resources towards it. Like I said before, sucks for the minority that liked it, but it is what it is.
I mean, I'm no developer. But how much time and money could it take to add it in? It's not like creating/adding a new character or anything. I'd say, maybe just combo and balancing issues would need to be math hammered out, which I can definitely see taking a while. But for a FG where tag mode is optional, not even sure that would really matter.

werewolfgold

I mean, I'm no developer. But how much time and money could it take to add it in? It's not like creating/adding a new character or anything. I'd say, maybe just combo and balancing issues would need to be math hammered out, which I can definitely see taking a while. But for a FG where tag mode is optional, not even sure that would really matter.
You'd have to think about things such as unique tag throws, intros, win poses, quotes. Anything new would take some decent time to plan out and animate. You'd also have the quotes finalized early enough by VA recording time unless you want logistical scheduling hell trying to get VAs back into the studio later.

Raansu

All the unique intro animations, winner animations, tag throw animations....there's a lot of unique animations that are used. Then there's the fact that stuns and relaunchers work differently in tag so there's time and money spent on play testing a mode that very few play and would be taking time away from play testing the main component of the game etc....

werewolfgold

They could just have the stuns and relaunchers...not work differently in tag. Having everything normalized across the board would likely make going in between solo and tag less of a hassle to get straight anyway. Not to mention having the gravity be the same would make eternal combos not really a thing to complain about.

Just a random, sleep-deprived thought.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD