Nothing is Guaranteed, Everything is Permitted - Hayate Combo Thread

TakedaZX

Updated the OP. Reorganizing combo section when I get the PS3 tonight. Hope this helps new Hayate players coming in.

Nuke-Nin

41236T !C! ~ 3PP ~ 7P CB ~ 6P+K P+K ~ 4P6P+KK ~ BT7K

Tested on the roof part of fuel if BT7P connects and does a wall hit it puts the opp. in PB state. If 3PP causes Unholdable sit-down stun then this would be guaranteed which would be insanely awesome! cannot re-check for the damage because i don't have my PS3 with me...

TakedaZX

Just gunna buff your combo really quick. 3pp isn't a great sitdown stun, it doesn't exactly guarantee anything other than 33k as a launcher. What you want to do instead is this.

Open: 41236T !C! ~ 214P ~ 3K ~ 7P CB ~ 6P+K P+K ~ 4P6P+KK ~ BT7K
At Wall Post CB: 41236T !C! ~ 214P ~ 3K ~ 7P CB ~ 6P+K P+K ~ Instant Hold 3pp ~ 33KK

These will net you the most damage and the best part is that 214P ~3K ~7P CB is completely guaranteed, but each of those hits can wall splat. Be careful.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm trying to get this juggle against wake-up kicks consistently but I'm finding it impossible:

And I can't find anything decent use for his sit-down stuns :P+K:, :3::P:P: and :3::K:. Any others I'm missing?

Nuke-Nin

Just gunna buff your combo really quick. 3pp isn't a great sitdown stun, it doesn't exactly guarantee anything other than 33k as a launcher. What you want to do instead is this.

Open: 41236T !C! ~ 214P ~ 3K ~ 7P CB ~ 6P+K P+K ~ 4P6P+KK ~ BT7K
At Wall Post CB: 41236T !C! ~ 214P ~ 3K ~ 7P CB ~ 6P+K P+K ~ Instant Hold 3pp ~ 33KK

These will net you the most damage and the best part is that 214P ~3K ~7P CB is completely guaranteed, but each of those hits can wall splat. Be careful.

Where'd you test this at? :eek: Fuel isn't really the best Ceiling area...

TakedaZX

Where'd you test this at? :eek: Fuel isn't really the best Ceiling area...
Temple of the Dragon. Works in Home as well. Like all combos of this sorta, walls are always going to be a problem. If they become a factor, take the guaranteed launcher and do a wall friendly combo (33k,8p, pp6pk).

TakedaZX

I'm trying to get this juggle against wake-up kicks consistently but I'm finding it impossible:

And I can't find anything decent use for his sit-down stuns :P+K:, :3::P:P: and :3::K:. Any others I'm missing?
You're missing BT 4K. Simple setups would be this.

:P+K:

:P+K: :~: :3::K: :~: :7::P: - The major deal behind this is that every hit after the P+K is guaranteed. The 7p puts them in an unslow escapeable stun, creating a must hold situation considering you're one hit away from CB. In the end you could follow up with the CB, mix up with another launcher, or mix-up with the Raijin or Nakiryu.

:3::P::P:

CH :3::P::P: :~: :3::K: :~: :7::P: !CB! - This setup it's simple but not exactly practical. 3PP is easy to punish on block but if you're sure you can interrupt the opponent's next move with this and that they won't hold the followup, this can lead to some serious damage. Try it out.

[Any Stun Here] :~: :3::P::P: :~: :3::3::K: - Unfortunately, this stun is weak, extremely weak. In the end it does guaranteed a launcher though, so make sure you always follow up with 33K if you get this sit down stun. Post Launch the best followup used to be 8p, pp6k. Now that's useful against the wall but 4p, 6P+K K, BT 7k works just fine out in the open for more damage. Keep this setup handy.

:3::K:

:1::P: or :2::K: :~: :3::K: :~: :7::P: - This setup is good because while the 3K itself isn't guaranteed, the follow up after is. Land the trip stun and the opponent will be right in your hands. 3K gives a sitdown stun which will guarantee a CB or an unslowescapable stun. You can also mix-up with the Raijin/Nakiryu or just a different launcher (high's and mid punches as launcher mixups). This can be truly devastating and give you free launchers and 90+ dmg throws.

BT :4::K:

:4::P: :~: BT :4::K: :~: :3::K: :~: :7::P: - :4::P:'s deep stun makes the mix-up possibilities tougher to deal with since you HAVE to deal with them at that point. There's a few good stuns to extend with post 4p. There's BT P, BT 4p, and BT 4K. The other two are just good mix-ups but BT 4K creates a sit-down stun, which guarantees a 3K into a CB. This setup can be deadly because once you get those first two stuns, you will leave with 100 points of your opponents health bar.

Nate

In your post stun comment, keep in mind that 2K can be slow escaped quick enough to block a 3K follow-up (any follow-up actually), however, 1P cannot, forcing a mid kick hold to stop 3K into CB!

Also, in my testing, and feel free to double check for me, BT K can be slow escaped into a guard and no follow-up is guaranteed despite looking like some kind of sit down stun.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
:P+K: :~: :3::K: :~: :7::P: - The major deal behind this is that every hit after the P+K is guaranteed.
No it's not. :3::K: often whiffs unless you wait just a few frames for the opponent to start standing up, at that point they're able to hold the kick.

But your entire post just reiterated what I said: Hayate has no good set-ups. Everything's just a guess. =(

TakedaZX

No it's not. :3::K: often whiffs unless you wait just a few frames for the opponent to start standing up, at that point they're able to hold the kick.

But your entire post just reiterated what I said: Hayate has no good set-ups. Everything's just a guess. =(
It whiffs because you're too far away in the first place. As it stands right now, all of those setups that I said are guaranteed ARE guaranteed. But I'll humor you. This setup is only guaranteed at close range. At tip, the 3k whiffs.

Time a 4p right, and you get a two way mixup. 4p, Bt 2p, 1p, 3k is the mixup into his CB alternatively. 4p, Bt 4k, 3k, is a lot better but yes, it is slow escapeable at the Bt 4k.

In the case of the 1.03 patch that first combo is guaranteed at the 3k and the BT 4K, and if they stick this glitch in the game as is, Hayate will stay high mid tier in this game.

Speaking of which, back on 1p and 2k. I found out earlier today about the weak stun of 2k. I experimented a bit with it so yea I realize that 2k isn't probable, but it's there in case your opponent recognizes the animation of 1p. You can also plug in 1p after ANY good stun

3pp still guaranteees a 33kk launcher and now with his wind dash juggle, there's no reason to complain anymore so please stop.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
It whiffs if you're playing on any stage that doesn't have a 100% flat surface. So if I'm on a slight slope, like the sand on the beach stage, it'll whiff. That's been my experience.

TakedaZX

It whiffs if you're playing on any stage that doesn't have a 100% flat surface. So if I'm on a slight slope, like the sand on the beach stage, it'll whiff. That's been my experience.
Everyone has setups like that. Blame the stage not the setup and character itself for not having and "good setups". The second I catch you with a 1p in a combo you are in my hands. The second I catch you with 4p, you are in my hands. The second I catch you with P+K YOU ARE IN MY HANDS. The second I stun you can go for pp2k you are in my hands. By god... if I get you into the air, especially on CH, I'm most likely taking half of your life bar with me.

Don't get me started on the Raijin. Take any setup and knock on 100+ points unscaled of damage if they attempt to hold your launcher (+CB).

Here's another setup for you with a ceiling if you haven't checked it out already: :426::H+P: :~: :214::P: :~: :3::K: :~: :7::P: is guaranteed broooo. :6::P+K: will be your strongest launcher period post CB. You can follow up with :4::P::6::P+K::K: :~: BT :7::K: out in the open. If you've been doing your homework with him you can also make use of instant crouch :3_::P::P: :~: :3::3::K::K: post launch for maximum damage at the wall.

If you're not familiar with instant crouching, you need to get used to buffering a Tekken Crouch Dash: :6::2::3:. Buffer it correctly and you'll be able to drop that move out instantly. A good way to test you skill is to pull off 4 choryu's in after Eliot's launching throw at the wall (so that they don't get pushed away when you reach the juggle limit). Get a hang of this and you'll be able to throw them out like nothing and solidify this juggle in your arsenal.

I'm going to redoing the original post when I wake up.

X51

Are there better options off an open ground air throw than:

Mid-Light+Fu 41236T > 66K > 8P > PP6PK
Heavy 41236T > 4K6K > PP6PK (more damage) / PP2KP (better advantage)

And near a wall:

41236T > 33K / 4K6K > PP6PK (more damage) / PP2KP (better advantage)

TakedaZX

Are there better options off an open ground air throw than:

Mid-Light+Fu 41236T > 66K > 8P > PP6PK
Heavy 41236T > 4K6K > PP6PK (more damage) / PP2KP (better advantage)

And near a wall:

41236T > 33K / 4K6K > PP6PK (more damage) / PP2KP (better advantage)
Mid and Lights has always been :426::H+P: :~: :4::K::6::K: :~: :8::P: :~: :P::P::6::P::K:
works anywhere, even at the wall.

No idea for heavies.

Check out my new thread here for a few combo tech. I'm going to spend a few hours today developing the combo section in that thread so that everyone can refer to that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD