Characters Nyotengu changes/gameplay discussion

synce

A thread where people can leave their baggage at door and just talk about what matters - the new tengu's gameplay. I'll try to post new arcade videos as they're available

Some notes:

- Still a heavyweight
- New flying stance and mixup (possible from 8ppp, h+k, etc)
- Can do strings, throw, and Tengu's jumping P+K while flying
- Air throw can now be used as ender after juggle
- 6P+K is now a sit down stun
- Now has ground throws
- Now has taunt while lying face down
- Tengu's gust of wind returns from DOA2
- Tengu's 2T and 4T return; 2T still goes over ledges
- Tengu's H+K strings and P+K return
- Possible sidestep throw
- Possible full screen power blow (Tengu's 4P+K from DOA4)

--------------------

Japanese Frame Data

Last edited by a moderator:

synce

Speaking of having fun, some screencaps of the new moves...

tenxxx1_zpsadbb8e40.jpg~original

tenxxx2_zpsa8a7e53e.jpg~original

And that classic stance

tenstand_zps81614f62.jpg

ErickBello

The drop that she does on kokoro while she's on the ground is a neat finisher for combos.

Also, I have the feel that she'll be hard to play, and you'll be constantly forced to use the flying stances. That's good.

PacManila

I like her array of throws. Would love to see her have the fast throws like the grapplers, but I doubt it.

Kronin

Fortunately (for us old fans anyway) she did inherit Tengu's speed and power

tenstat_zps340aa813.jpg~original

And after watching a couple matches I can confirm she retained basically his entire moveset (KK, 4P, PPP, 9PPP, etc) so all Tengu players should feel at home :D

Good news for me! ;)

PacManila

- Possible full screen power blow (Tengu's 4P+K from DOA4)

The Tengu whirlwind attack, correct? I don't think that's her power blow.

I looked at her trailer a few more times to look at the power blow. At the 1:08 mark, which showcased the power blow finishing animation, the startup animation for the actual powerblow move was completely different from that of the Tengu whirlwind attack. I assume the whirlwind attack is just another standalone move like the original Tengu's.

synce

The matches were a one-time stream on nico (unless you have premium account) but I recorded them and will try uploading later... they are REALLY shitty though since it was Hayashi mashing

In the meantime I'll mention that tengu's 236K and variants received a huge buff (now has fast recovery and causes crumple stun). And one of her win quotes is "I am the female tengu of Miyama!"

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Where is the link to that?

The matches were a one-time stream on nico (unless you have premium account) but I recorded them and will try uploading later... they are REALLY shitty though since it was Hayashi mashing

In the meantime I'll mention that tengu's 236K and variants received a huge buff (now has fast recovery and causes crumple stun). And one of her win quotes is "I am the female tengu of Miyama!"

If you recorded them then upload them no matter how shitty it is.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Sense her move set is based on Tengu himself, she would have a lot of dangerous great long ranged options. On the top post, it says that she also has ground throws, which means she may also have a lot of guaranteed damage should she knock the opponent down. As for her being heavy-weight... it might have something to do with the fact that her stance would have her levitating in the air - which would lead to a unsafe scenario if she is hit yet the opponent may not be able to juggle for long...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD