Nyotengu Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Greetings all DOA players, fellow FSD members, Nyotengu players, and guests,

The purpose of the thread discussion is to present the mighty female tengu, a playable character of Dead or Alive 6. The thread is going to speak on the subject of Nyotengu's move sets, narrative concepts, and the details surrounding her role in the competitive setting.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!@.jpg

Summary:

Debuting DOA5U (Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate), Nyotengu is a character who hails from the tengu society deep within mountains of Japan. Nyotengu is shown to be a proud, vain, and thrill-seeking woman who intends to encounter Hayabusa, the man who killed Bankotsubo. Bankotsubo was the vicious boss character from Dead or Alive 2. Sporting, wings, control over the winds, and mystical powers, Nyotengu goes off to explore the world outside of the tengu society in hopes of finding Hayabusa. It is currently unknown what her alignment is and what her true intentions might be. Throughout tenure of DOA5U and DOAX3, Nyotengu is considered flirtatious, somewhat obnoxious, sensual, and generally arrogant. Yet, she is clearly capable of showing a degree of respect towards those she deems worthy or her more "human" peers as shown frequently throughout DOAX3 (whether this aspect of her personality is canonical will vary). Nyotengu also has a genuine curiosity towards the costumes of humans. Nyotengu is also considered the oldest character in the game and is 1018 years old, yet due to her tengu heritage, she does not look the part in the slightest.

As far as martial arts go, Nyotengu practices a odd form of combat that is similar to Bankotsubo's: She resort to "Tengu-do" which means she will utilize striking attacks that cover a wide range on the field, dancing motions, stomping techniques, flips, and flying attacks. In terms of game play, while she generally slow, she gets a huge payoff from the range of her attacks, throws, and tends to do a lot of damage at once. Many of her attacks will cause stun (even her jabs) on normal hit. From there she can take advantage of the stunned opponent and potentially destroy their life bar for making a mistake as many of her options will lead to particularly nasty juggle combos or high-damage throws, especially if they are done on hi-counter. She is also capable of momentarily gliding around to avoid the opponents attacks or to implement her own offense. She is not recommended for beginners due to the slower startup on a lot of her moves, recover animations, and the nature of her move set. She will typically reward players for having a strong foundation on the ground game.

Shown below is the reveal trailer.
Video Analysis will be shown below within the spoiler:
Shoutouts to @NoctTengu for analysis:
(Here is some information he consolidated from the video in his words)
- 6T is now a normal throw or has a follow-up throw
- @0:24 Her laughing taunt is used for I think her break hold animation.
- 1T's ending animation has been changed to her cliffhanger throw.
- @0:28 during her fatal rush, she does a move that looks similar to HNM 2K. If that's anything to go by (haven't played DOA6, so don't know if there are fatal rush exclusive moves), her 2K might be multi-hit now.

So, my thoughts, I'm happy to see my girl. I don't like the throw change if it's now just a regular throw. Rather have my reset. Don't really care for the 1T change, HNM 2K being a multi-hit stun move looks cool, but at the moment (if this is a replacement), I prefer the properties of the original giving a combo on a missed hold or CH."

More will be showcased in the near future for DOA6 and for Nyotengu. Have fun.
All leaders and FSD users, if there are any potential issues with this thread or its information, let me know and I'll try to straighten out.

Dr PaC

wSgVjkS.png

I know you can't see much in the pic, but the recolors of Nyo's new costume look very promising!
I hope the white wings makes a return. My cousin doesnt play the game very good but boy does she loves her some Nyotengu. The first character she asked about when I told her a new DOA was coming out, lol.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Here is some recent footage.

The first thing I notice right off the bat:

She seems to have some odd headbutt attack that knocks the opponent away. Nyotengu would have to do it out of her side step.

EDIT

Redundancy in the text.

Dr PaC

Here is some recent footage.

The first thing I notice right off the bat:

She seems to have some odd headbutt attack that knocks the opponent away. Nyotengu would have to do it out of her side step.

EDIT

Redundancy in the text.
If the guy woulda did the new follow up to that grab, he coulda won the first round

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Found Nyo's command list as of the latest build, here's the tweet that has the Google doc of it:

I don't use her but apparently she can cancel into her flying stance from her Fatal rush but only from the first and second hits of it

If it has a 〇 next to it that means the move is new. Idk why it doesn't do it next to throws but her offensive hold 66T apparently has a follow up as well too that's new

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Some of Nyos new movies that I’ve found so far. Also some combos I also found. (Didn’t see a combo thread so I thought I’d post here)

Oh my god, are her Hiten throws standard down grabs now? Or do they come out of the string?

Lady Tengu

Oh my god, are her Hiten throws standard down grabs now? Or do they come out of the string?
She can now do all her down grabs from Hiten from neutral. As long as they’re on the ground just hit 2T then you go for the grab, you could tech out of them like in DOA5. But it applies great pressure, you don’t want to be caught on the ground near the Tengu Princess even more.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
She can now do all her down grabs from Hiten from neutral. As long as they’re on the ground just hit 2T then you go for the grab, you could tech out of them like in DOA5. But it applies great pressure, you don’t want to be caught on the ground near the Tengu Princess even more.

OH MY GOD! I'm really excited for that. My big problem with Nyo-Tengu in 5 was that her beautiful and sexy hiten throws were annoying as fuck to pull off... now? It's gonna get dirty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD