Characters Nyotengu "Everything is my practical joke!" General Thread

Kodachi

Standard Donor
With that being said I'm totally down to reopen the bring back Bankotsubo business for Last Round.
stop yourself
No-Way-Girl-SMH-Gif.gif

just be grateful for what you were given and move on please.

Darth Lotonic X

Regarding your earlier comparison, DOA4 Tengu did not have an i7 punish throw

Tengu's 4T was i8 in 4. Pretty bad, but could have been worse. Bayman's fastest unbreakable was i11(or i12, grapplers were usually 1 frame faster) and I think Kasumi's was i10.

and his 6PP string was far less effective than Nyo's, even without considering the bait capacity of the new i12 throw.

I forgot about 6P, my bad.

His oki options were 10 times worse than Nyo's, and her damage capacity is far ahead of what his was

Haven't seen many oki options for Nyo. Ground throw gimmicks, 9P hop over garbage, and 7P. Doa4 Tengu had 7P, presumably had the 9P trash, and the ground throw gimmicks are basically betting 20 damage against -4.

So, until you make a legitimate comparison between the two, drop the condescending attitude. I have played 4 and there was a lot of shit in it, but Tengu was a special kind of shit even in that environment.

You're a PSN player. Asking if you played 4 was a legitimate question.

Last edited:

Squizzo

Try to win an entire round without letting your feet touch the ground, by spamming pp from Hiten, for a trolling good time.

Pictured Mind

I bought her yesterday and she's pretty cool. Completed her combo challenge last night.

So where would you put her on the tier list and how hard is she to play as/learn? She's not previous Tengu terribad, right?

KING JAIMY

I bought her yesterday and she's pretty cool. Completed her combo challenge last night.

So where would you put her on the tier list and how hard is she to play as/learn? She's not previous Tengu terribad, right?
Not sure about her spot on the tier list. But I would definitely say for players who never played Tengu before, she is quite tricky. For players who played Tengu a couple of times before (like me), she is an intermediate character to pick up. For Tengu veterans, she should be piece of cake. But it all depends on the player too (how fast are you able to learn?/How much dedication do you have to the character?).

Koompbala

Darth is a good player and he knows his shit. He is also a old school player. I assure you he is not arrogant. Despite what it looks like. There is not enough care in him to swing his dick around to express his dominance. Now that more than just Brute is involved I thought I would join.

Xhominid The Demon Within

I FINALLY decided to look up Oiran...and I'm not exactly certain what that means for Nyo because I really don't pay attention to where the bow is(yes, I can catch minute details but forget obvious shit in front of my face).

But considering how she acts, it definitely makes alot of sense.
Banko is mainly arrogant because he's that powerful, Nyo is arrogant...because it seems more like an act IF TN is aiming to make her an pseudo-celebrity like an Oiran is stated(in Wikipedia, but it's probably more complex in a better article).

That may in fact explain WHY she's even in the Human world to begin with(and if it's true, why she wants to fight Ryu)

Shiranui

She has english system voice. I don't know why are you saying this.. I just complete command training and I got Nyotengu's voice system. Don't you? I can record a video with her voice if you want to hear it (i use Christie's).
One question. Do we have any Nyotengu Video Thread to share our matches with her?

P.D: Well, I just created it. Is it fine?

Last edited:

Kronin

She has english system voice. I don't know why are you saying this.. I just complete command training and I got Nyotengu's voice system. Don't you? I can record a video with her voice if you want to hear it (i use Christie's).
One question. Do we have any Nyotengu Video Thread to share our matches with her?

This is strange, I asked a confirmation for it to @TOBMAST3R and he answered me that the PS3 lack of an English system voice for Nyotengu (not sure for Xbox). Did you try to select in the option English dub and then try to look for Nyotengu voice and making start a match?

My doubt is that when you unlock the system setting voice, you can find the Nyotengu's one in the system settings only having selected the Japanese Dub, but if you change it to English, the possibility to select her voice should disappear. However I have no confirmation for it not owning the character.

Last edited:

Shiranui

hmmm... this is strange. i have Nyotengu in my english system voice. But now you made me doubt if it's she who speaks.. Could it be another character voice instead of her? What i know for sure is that I can select Nyotengu in english voice system menu and I got the message "You have unlocked Nyotengu's voice" message after command training. I'll make some pictures of the menu, and I'll try to record a video with her voice and I'll put it here. Maybe you can confirm me if it's she or not the one who speaks (i don't have all voices unlocked and i could do not recognize it).

Codemaster92163

Unless you want to complete an entire string of 3 mid-punches, Nyo doesn't have any really great safe mid pokes (:6::6::K: isn't exactly a fast move). Her :K: is a great high poke, and I love that nearly every hit of hers stuns on NH, but the slow speed coupled with the lack of general safety (cancels and GBs notwithstanding) and a huge drop in weight is a bit annoying. :P+K: is wonderful if not unsafe, though its speed and near instant recovery for the opponent and Nyo itself will make it difficult to punish.

Like Darth pointed out, the fact that followups to :H+K: have been removed is pretty sad, though manageable since it should really only be used as a launch after a stun now.

Digging the plethora of high crushes, but the lack of any really decent low with a stun is a bit tricky to deal with. If they're going to give her 2-part lows, the very least they can do is make it so the second hit actually causes a deeper stun instead of just giving the player a few frames to work with.

All of that said, she has a great throwing game which should help to mitigate the pain of having rather lackluster lows to open a player up. Her high crushes are actually pretty damn useful, and :6::K: even crushes the occasional mid. :4::P: is amazing on both block and hit, with almost every BT option being just as good (save for BT :4::P:). Access to OHs should make taking advantage of her frame advantage on GBs, lows, and :6::H+P: pretty easy, especially when coupled with her :H+K: to catch people that may have been expecting it. She can abuse walls and ceilings fairly easily, though her breakable object game is (currently, unless someone finds something amazing) a bit poor. As far as stun-to-launch goes, she excels fairly well. :3::P:, :8::K:, and :H+K: cover all of the bases when it comes to launching, and each one gives a respectable height and a free air throw (though :H+K: is arguably the best of the three). She has a great low punish throw and a pretty decent standing punish throw (since it gives frames, and God knows her slow ass needs them), couple all of that with a great keep-away game in :4::P+K: fake-outs, the longest ranged PB in the game, what is arguably the best BT abuse in the game, powerful combos, easier ways to deal with turtles and a stance with decent throws out of them makes her a pretty solid character. Certainly not the best, but compared with other Tengu iterations, ranging from DOA2U to DOA4, she falls safely in the middle.

Last edited:

Chapstick

@Forlorn Penguin made one last week. It's in the thread list

http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/sa-maire-nyotengu-video-thread.4821/

CFW

Well it's not like I'm lying about it. I've tested this and I only play with the English dub. IDK if that's just for a select few or not.

Shiranui

@Chapstick thanks to pointed me this out.. I didn't see it..! x__x i will remove thread i created if i can... Sorry.

@CFW I didn't mean to say you are lying either to offend you. Sorry if i sounded like that. I was just surprised.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD