Ryu -
Sarah -
Tina -
Zack -
Ein -
Momiji -
Leon -
Jacky -

I See No One has made a matchup Thread for her yet So I decided too..

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

Never done this before, but I can try to explain the match-up Nyotengu vs. Rig by comparing them on a few points:

Advantages for Rig:
- Rig is faster in neutral and has more moves in general in neutral. So I'd say Rig wins in the neutral game.
- Both characters have a very good environmental game, but very few can topple Rig's environmental game. Nyo does not belong to that 'very few' category in my opinion.
- Rig has better mix-ups.
- Rig has better guaranteed setups (especially from sitdown stuns), even though Nyo's guaranteed setups are pretty good as well.
- Rig is overall safer than Nyo.

Advantages for Nyotengu:
- Rig relies a lot on high strikes for his frame advantage pressure. Nyotengu has extremely good crushes (6P+K, 2PP) to deal with his pressure.
- I'd say both characters have very good ranged moves, although I consider Nyotengu to be slightly superior in that aspect.
- Nyotengu has better throws than Rig and slightly better holds.
- As far as I know, Nyo has better tracking moves than Rig.
- Nyo has a way better ground game than Rig.

No differences/comparable elements:
- Both have pretty good stuns which are hard to escape.
- Overall damage output of both characters is close to equal.

For now I think the match-up is pretty even, so 5-5.

xXSilverSearcherxX

Never done this before, but I can try to explain the match-up Nyotengu vs. Rig by comparing them on a few points:

Advantages for Rig:
- Rig is faster in neutral and has more moves in general in neutral. So I'd say Rig wins in the neutral game.
- Both characters have a very good environmental game, but very few can topple Rig's environmental game. Nyo does not belong to that 'very few' category in my opinion.
- Rig has better mix-ups.
- Rig has better guaranteed setups (especially from sitdown stuns), even though Nyo's guaranteed setups are pretty good as well.
- Rig is overall safer than Nyo.

Advantages for Nyotengu:
- Rig relies a lot on high strikes for his frame advantage pressure. Nyotengu has extremely good crushes (6P+K, 2PP) to deal with his pressure.
- I'd say both characters have very good ranged moves, although I consider Nyotengu to be slightly superior in that aspect.
- Nyotengu has better throws than Rig and slightly better holds.
- As far as I know, Nyo has better tracking moves than Rig.
- Nyo has a way better ground game than Rig.

No differences/comparable elements:
- Both have pretty good stuns which are hard to escape.
- Overall damage output of both characters is close to equal.

For now I think the match-up is pretty even, so 5-5.
Thank you for your Input on this and I Do agree with you On this match up Updated the OP

And If anyone else wants to comment on this Match up aswell please do so

Last edited:

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
VS Kasumi
* Kasumi's (and Phase 4's) 66PP can be interrupted.
Note: The second hit is a high. After blocking the first hit of that string, Nyotengu can go for 2P. Nyotengu can also do 6P+K because of the high crush properties it offers. If you block the second hit of the string, Nyotengu can just SS and press P or K out of the SS because it will beat out almost anything Kasumi does from her dash. SS~K will also stun on NH.
* Don't let Kasumi instigate an offense from up close. Good Kasumi players will attempt to rush down the player after besting Nyotengu in the ground game. Keep in mind that Nyotengu has decent range on a lot of her moves (even her jabs). You are Nyotengu. You are meant to establish dominance but due to her slower movement, you may have to calculate the moves you do. After getting frame advantage or stunning, launch them or go for a throw set up/OH to discourage the i9 jabs.
* Nyotengu can attempt to chase the Kasumi player if she tries to use 7P~P backflip.
* A lot of Kasumi players will attempt to go for 66KK or 66K~K when they get impatient (and possibly 66K+H low sweep or 66PP).

xXSilverSearcherxX

VS Kasumi
* Kasumi's (and Phase 4's) 66PP can be interrupted.
Note: The second hit is a high. After blocking the first hit of that string, Nyotengu can go for 2P. Nyotengu can also do 6P+K because of the high crush properties it offers. If you block the second hit of the string, Nyotengu can just SS and press P or K out of the SS because it will beat out almost anything Kasumi does from her dash. SS~K will also stun on NH.
* Don't let Kasumi instigate an offense from up close. Good Kasumi players will attempt to rush down the player after besting Nyotengu in the ground game. Keep in mind that Nyotengu has decent range on a lot of her moves (even her jabs). You are Nyotengu. You are meant to establish dominance but due to her slower movement, you may have to calculate the moves you do. After getting frame advantage or stunning, launch them or go for a throw set up/OH to discourage the i9 jabs.
* Nyotengu can attempt to chase the Kasumi player if she tries to use 7P~P backflip.
* A lot of Kasumi players will attempt to go for 66KK or 66K~K when they get impatient (and possibly 66K+H low sweep or 66PP).
Thank you For the Tips Ive been Having Trouble Against Kasumi Players That Do these exact things Against me and I Kinda Feel Helpless Honestly :/ Anyways In your Opinion Who has the Upperhand in this match up?

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
That I am not sure of. They actually might be evenly matched on the highest level but it could be very slightly in Kasumi's favor, due to her speed in general.
But, I will share a few more things about the said MU:
* Both characters... Nyotengu and Kasumi have a lot of delayable strings.
* Nyotengu appears to have better crushes and better moves that offer frame advantage on block.
* Kasumi has a quite a few moves that cannot be held traditionally.
* Nyotengu appears to have better range and ground game than Kasumi does, but Kasumi still moves quicker than Nyotengu does.
* Kasumi has longer strings than Nyotengu does, whereas Nyotengu tends to do a few moves at a time.
* Nyotengu's damage output is better and slightly easier to implement, even when not playing the stun game. Kasumi is beat in this category.
* Both character have great okizeme options.
* Kasumi has better mobility options (Nyotengu isn't that big of a slacker in this category either but her strikes are still slower than Kasumi's).
* Kasumi is not quite as safe as Nyotengu.

xXSilverSearcherxX

That I am not sure of. They actually might be evenly matched on the highest level but it could be very slightly in Kasumi's favor, due to her speed in general.
But, I will share a few more things about the said MU:
* Both characters... Nyotengu and Kasumi have a lot of delayable strings.
* Nyotengu appears to have better crushes and better moves that offer frame advantage on block.
* Kasumi has a quite a few moves that cannot be held traditionally.
* Nyotengu appears to have better range and ground game than Kasumi does, but Kasumi still moves quicker than Nyotengu does.
* Kasumi has longer strings than Nyotengu does, whereas Nyotengu tends to do a few moves at a time.
* Nyotengu's damage output is better and slightly easier to implement, even when not playing the stun game. Kasumi is beat in this category.
* Both character have great okizeme options.
* Kasumi has better mobility options (Nyotengu isn't that big of a slacker in this category either but her strikes are still slower than Kasumi's).
* Kasumi is not quite as safe as Nyotengu.
I Think this Is In Kasumis Disfavor...If your a Nyotengu Player then Im Sure you Would Know all the tricks of faster Characters like Kasumi With Nyotengu's Superior Spacing tools I think it would be hard for a Kasumi Player to get in I also Think nyotengu Gets Easier Damage off then Kasumi Does Anyways But for Now Im Putting this As 6-4 (In Kasumis Disfavor) Until someone else wants to comment about this match up

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I personally think the match is honestly in kasumi's favor....don't worry, I'm not being bias. Kasumi is way faster than Nyo, and although Nyo can be a pain against Kasumi with her flying attacks and wind attack to keep her at a distance Kasumi, Kasumi has that 3H hold teleport that can put her behind Nyo if I'm not mistaken, and she can pressure Nyo with her quick strikes and mix ups like 6P2K. Nyo can win, but it won't be a walk in the park either but it won't be so simple for Kasumi herself, they'll both have to put in some work. I would say that the match is....about 6-4 in Kasumi's favor, assuming the kasumi player knows how to close in carefully and halt Nyo's superior damage output and spacing.:kasumi::nyotengu:

xXSilverSearcherxX

I personally think the match is honestly in kasumi's favor....don't worry, I'm not being bias. Kasumi is way faster than Nyo, and although Nyo can be a pain against Kasumi with her flying attacks and wind attack to keep her at a distance Kasumi, Kasumi has that 3H hold teleport that can put her behind Nyo if I'm not mistaken, and she can pressure Nyo with her quick strikes and mix ups like 6P2K. Nyo can win, but it won't be a walk in the park either but it won't be so simple for Kasumi herself, they'll both have to put in some work. I would say that the match is....about 6-4 in Kasumi's favor, assuming the kasumi player knows how to close in carefully and halt Nyo's superior damage output and spacing.:kasumi::nyotengu:
You both make a good point in this match up Thank you for your Input and I Agree That its in Kasumi's favor

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Another thing to notice about Nyotengu is that a lot of her moves (even her jabs) will stun on NH and they still have quite a bit of range of them, along with relative safety depending on the spacing (PP or 3K for example).

Somnia

How in the world do I beat Mai? She crushes or beats everything I do. People I've been smashing for months switch to Mai and body me for free. Can't seem to defend against her pressure.

Somnia

How in the world do I beat Mai? She crushes or beats everything I do. People I've been smashing for months switch to Mai and body me for free. Can't seem to defend against her pressure.

Any advice? Tips? Help? This matchup is really frustrating, I can't seem to punish anything she does correctly.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Any advice? Tips? Help? This matchup is really frustrating, I can't seem to punish anything she does correctly.
Mai is a zoner type character and so she can do well up close and at a mid range, your best bet is fighting at a far range since she doesn't have much she can do at that distance except for her Kachousen fan throw and that can be ducked. I don't know exactly what far range tools Nyo has since I don't use her tho. This is probably one of her tougher MUs since she's slow and is at a disadvantage.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Mai has some glaring weaknesses even if she's good.

The most important thing is to not be afraid to try and neutral throw her qcbP or any other variation since you'd be neutral if they break her throw.

Other good practice is to crouch dash or side walk when approaching her.

Uberprinny

This was taken the first time Mai was released in steam.The problem with a Mai player is they think they can get away with bloody murder cuz they have faster strike speeds! They should reconsider another character main change! MAI GOODNESS! XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD