Nyotengu's Demonic Combo Thread

synce

I haven't used her in months so I'm also curious if anything new's been discovered with the ground throw game, but last I checked going for a ground throw with tengu was the best way to give your opponent a free HCH. She only had a couple guaranteed setups that were really shitty and probably in the move list anyway

Codemaster92163

Unless you're at a wall, yeah, you're better off avoiding ground throws. There's a few situations where you can use them relatively safely (double 66K for the hard knock down, for example), but you're only really going to get a few + frames without sacrificing tons of damage by using the wall splats to set up your ground throw.

It's a shame. They're all slow as hell and require a stance to activate, but they do so little damage. I wonder what they were going for when they included them and made them so damn slow.

KING JAIMY

Nyotengu's PL is a mid punch..what in the world? It looks like a mid kick.
It looks like a mid kick because it is a mid kick, lol. It's Bankotsubo's old 236K, which was a mid kick.

No idea why it's been changed to a mid punch. That's fucking stupid.
Reviving a dead horse here but a friend recently told me that Bankotsubo's fully charged 236K in DOA4 becomes a mid punch instead of staying the usual mid kick. Since Nyotengu's PL is usually fully charged as well, it becomes a mid punch. In this way, Nyotengu's Power Launcher is meant to resemble Bankotsubo's fully charged 236K.

Perhaps someone can confirm if Nyotengu's raw uncharged Power Launcher is a mid kick?

Marv1990

hi everyone,
don't know if u guys noticed it already but I found out today that Alpha is way lighter in a Tag Battle (I have no idea why)...
anyway for Nyotengu it means that you can keep her up in the air quite long! I made a video of it (sorry for the lame quality):

Chapstick

hi everyone,
don't know if u guys noticed it already but I found out today that Alpha is way lighter in a Tag Battle (I have no idea why)...
anyway for Nyotengu it means that you can keep her up in the air quite long! I made a video of it (sorry for the lame quality):
I actually posted a vid like this on the second page of this thread
Not serious, kinda funny (trigger warning: english voice)

Codemaster92163

Loving the new PPP change. Gives her some options when she CBs near a wall and improves (noticeably) the effectiveness of her 41236T when near a wall.

For all of the lightweight cast, you can use PPP > 1PPP for the wall setup I mention often (where you either get the ground throw or + frames) or you can eek out a few more points of damage by using her now more reliable Hiten P+K finisher.

For midweights, just use PPP > 7KP for Izuna-level damage.

Since 3P never wall splatted, you can use a 3P launch near a wall after CB into PPP > T for a modest amount of damage.

On a different note, the Hiten P+K buff has given her an even more powerful wall combo.

Wall splat > 1PPP+K (earliest moment possible for the Hiten stance entrance) > PP > P+K.

This is now her most damaging wall combo, although it requires precise timing to get the best Hiten transition. Plus, it looks badass!

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

So, a quick thing I learned (not sure why I never tried). It may have been known, but sharing it anyways in case it's not.

After her 6P+K "launch" if you hop ASAP you can connect 1PPP+K > P+K or 1PPP+K > PPP if your timing is doubly perfect. It does a bit more than the usual 7KP finisher. It is more strict, though, so don't do it if you can't time it well. If it pushes them near a wall, you can connect 1PPP+K > PP > P+K for a lot of damage, though the P+K whiffs if they're not near the wall.

Ooh, and one more thing. Conveniently, after 41236T, PPP > 9K will time her Hiten 2T on the ground -perfectly- to give you either the throw or +3 (maybe it was +4, can't recall) frames if they tech. This doesn't work on other combos, but it works here so that you don't have to time anything and you won't have varying frames of advantage if they tech. It's convenient on midweights and heavyweights since 1PPP won't connect on them.

Last edited:

Yurlungur

Well i got a fun combos for nyo on the danger zone

:P:+:K://:6:+:P::P::P://:6::6:+:P://:214:+:P: :P::+::K://:P::P://:P::P::P://:8:+:P::P::P: :P::+::K:// :P::+::K: 166

:P:+:K://:4:+:P://:2:+:P://:6::6:+:P://:h:+:K: :P:+:K://:P::K://:P::K://:1:+:P::P::P: 136

:6::6:+:K://:K://:P:+:K://:6::6:+:P://:8:+:K://:8:+:P::P::P: :P::+::K://:2:+:K://:7:+:K::P: 147

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Potentially useful tidbit, here. Because Nyo's jab strings keep the opponent BT, you can use a 66P stun after anything that gets you close to the opponent, then briefly walk up or down, then start the jab string. If the opponent doesn't hold, you'll get a guaranteed BT string with a launch (PK or PPP).

Not the most fascinating thing ever, but guaranteed damage is always nice.

Codemaster92163

Useful/powerful combo here.

Any stun followed by anything that, on normal hit, deals 20+ damage (3K, P+K, etc.) 8PPP > PK > T.

Looks normal, but the second hit of 8PPP launches, giving you a very fast and very powerful high launch with a strong combo attached.

8PPP by itself is easy to see and counter, but the first two are fast enough to catch most people.

Codemaster92163

I mentioned this much earlier, but I've done more testing and improved on it since.

Against any wall that has an upwards slope (Meaning the floor by the wall is higher than the floor where you're standing) can allow Nyo to land 1PP > 7KP after a wall splat.

For instance, in the Depth stage, every single wall with the red barrier allows for this combo, but only reliably on midweights (specifically the characters with the slightly larger bodies). I'm assuming their hitbox pushes Nyo back far enough for her to be lower due to being further off of the raised ring that wraps around the edge, but I don't really know or care. The point is, it's consistent against midweights and finicky against lightweights on that stage, though 1PPP+K > H+K will connect well enough, and it also loosens the window for her 1PPP+K > PP > P+K to connect, making that combo easier to pull off.

This also works on many walls in Hotzone, Lorelei (for the lowest portion, it's consistent for midweights but finicky for lightweights yet again unless using the wall with the windows facing outside as well as the gates on the inside wall), Scramble after tilting the stage, and any other wall with an incline or raised floor right near it.

It's not the most important thing, but it's an easy way to maximize wall damage.

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

On Danger Zone, using any of her bounds (namely Hiten 2K and Hiten PPP) will give you a great launch from the floors that can be follows up with 4H+K > 8PPP > P+K (or) 4H+K > 8PP > T for a ton of damage.

If you use 9K or its variant, you can get a Hiten PK > T, but that's about it.

Also, an easy way to get the additional fall after the first fall down a floor (more reliable/less difficult than some of her others I've tried) is to hold 9 for a short while, then use 9P > PK > 1PP > P+K or substitute the 1PP portion with a normal 7KP if you feel your timing wasn't that great.

Codemaster92163

I figured out another option to get her BT combo after a ceiling throw.

7P allows you to catch slow to fast SEing.

So, an 8P whiff can be used for no SE to slow

7P can be used from slow to fast

T is used for fast to fastest.

I'll probably be using 7P more often, though, since people tend to fall in the middle more often than any of the extremes, likely making it more reliable. I'll let you know how that pans out.

Oh, you DO have to follow up 7P with 66K, though, as 66P will whiff.

Kirito

Since Nyotengu is free for now, I decided to give her a go.

Is there a list of what the optimum juggles are for NH, CH and Hi-C? Please and thank you. :) (So far, I've just been abusing H+K > PK > T)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Sorry, going through the thread for the first time in a long time.

Also, when using her :1::P::P: string, you can forgo the :P+K: and instead just do the third :P: , a slight delay, then :P+K::2::H+P: for the same exact situation I mentioned earlier. The only difference is this one requires timing instead of just doing it.

Apparently doing :1::P::P::P::P+K::2::K:: guarantees a force tech and :4::P: is an unholdable after it...

Will delete this post if I see it's already been mentioned...

Codemaster92163

Guaranteed on a wall, or open space?

They can tech roll after it in open space, leaving you at around -8. The other issue with that one is that Hiten 2K isn't a FT by itself. It functions just like 2P where, if they don't hit anything, you need to hit them with another move to wake them up.

Not trying to knock your contribution, just clarifying what can happen if the opponent techs instead.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD