[Oct 13, 2014] The Fall Classic 2014 - $8000 Pot Bonus to Top 6 by Team NINJA (Raleigh, NC)

BigE Gaming

The Fall Classic 2014
Dates: October 10th to the 12th, 2014

3415 Wake Forest Road
Raleigh, NC 27609-7330
Save money on hotel costs by arranging to share rooms with friends and family.​

Entry Fee:
  • Event Fee: $30 (Subject to change as the event draws closer)
  • Game Fee: $10
Pre-registration Link
It's important to pre-register as soon as possible. Pre-registering helps the community out by helping the organizers in arranging a schedule that best fits the size of the tournament within the scope of the entire event. It also is typically cheaper to pre-register sooner rather than later.
Tournament Rules:
General Event Rules:
  • There will be ONE de-sync station. ANY Home button interruptions will result in IMMEDIATE ejection from the EVENT ITSELF (not just the respective tournament).
  • There will be a 5 minute disqualification rule in effect at all times. Unless you are playing in another tournament at the same time as another, there is no reason for you to be away from your assigned pool station. You will be called once and if you are not present when called, a 5 minute timer will start. If you do not show up after those 5 minutes are up, you will forfeit the match and will be sent to the loser’s bracket. If you do not show up for your loser’s bracket match after 5 minutes of being called, you will be disqualified from the tournament. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THIS RULE!
  • If you are playing in two tournaments at the same time (we are going to do our best to prevent this, but sometimes it happens if you enter 13 tournaments), it is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to alert your pool handlers that you are in more than one tournament at that time. You must also alert your pool handler when you are leaving to play in another game.
  • Collusion of any kind with your competitors is considered cheating. If the Tournament Director determines that any competitor is colluding to manipulate the results or intentionally underperforming, the collaborating players may be immediately disqualified. This determination is to be made at the sole discretion of the Tournament Director. Anyone disqualified in this manner forfeits all rights to any titles or prizes they might have otherwise earned for that tournament.
System: PlayStation 3
  • Xbox 360 > PlayStation 3 "Cronus" converter is banned.
Round Count: First to three rounds per match
Match Count: First to two matches per set; First to three matches per set for Winner, Loser, and Grand Finals.
Character lock is enabled.
  • Winner of a match must stay that character for the next match.
  • Loser of a match can change character.
  • Selecting Random character select must require the Winner to return to Character Select to re-select the randomly chosen character.
Time: 60 seconds
Life: Normal
Stage: Random Stage; Dangerzone On;
  • New Rule: If opting to select character after a match loss, you must tell your opponent or referee (Bracket Organizer) before the next stage has been loaded (Character intros started playing). Failing to do so will require you to select the randomly chosen stage that appeared prior to going to Character Select. Previous Winner is allowed to waive this rule upon returning to character select.
Random Filter:
  • All characters are to be in Random Filter.
  • All stages except Dojo stage are to be in Random Filter.
Organizers
@BigE Gaming
@ShinBlanka

Announced Events
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Singles event.

Potential Events To Be Determined
Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate 3v3 Team Tournament

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Ugh PS3. Only EC tournaments run on it. Can't complain enough but I'll be preregistering shortly.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I'm going to TFC... fuck yeah! If anyone wants to room up so we can discount that price and you're cool send me a message.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I've been trying to find a cheap ticket from London to Raleigh, but most are pretty pricey (+£500). Are there any better options out there, like going to JFK or Chicago and then taking some other cheap form of travel?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In my experience, traveling across the ocean is going to be the most expensive part, and traveling to NY or FL really won't differ too much besides maybe $100.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Flights from NY are much cheaper than from FL. Also much shorter.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Flights from NY are much cheaper than from FL. Also much shorter.

His question is on arrival in NY or FL, from London.

From what I've seen, the cost from London > NY, London > Raleigh, and London > Florida, vary around $50.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I know what his question was. My post was about purchasing a separate flight from there and hacking the trip together that way. I've seen people do that before but having never done it myself, all I can offer is what I do know about. That'd be domestic flights.

Registration completed.

Last edited:

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
I'm going. Very cheap flight prices. If I can get my classes from UTC set up for 2 days (like Tuesday & Thursday), that will be even better. Regardless, my adviser is willing to work around the tournaments so it's a go.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I tried to book my room under the group rate a bit ago. Didn't really work out. Not any left and the rate was actually more expensive for two of the nights with the group rate. Waiting til after Summer Jam so Big E switches priorities.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Announcement regarding The Fall Classic 2014!

Team NINJA said:
Tournament Video Revival 2014 "Katsuninken" Message
Tomoyuki Inui (aka Katsuninken (活忍犬)), current DOA5U Champ in Japan gave us a call and said "I will go to TFC". If you want to fight with him, please make your registration! Team Ninja #DOA5U #ImaFighter#RoadToTFC2014

"The Fall Classic is looking to have many skilled DOA fighters from all over the world. I would be upset if Japan didn't participate. So I look forward to meeting many skilled players and fighting to prove Japan's skill at The Fall Classic." "I don't need any support from US fighters because I don't want to [owe] anything to them in US before I fight with them. However, if I am in critical situation in the States like coming across the robber or whatever, please buy me a piece of underwear before the match."

■Upcoming official tournaments
http://bit.ly/BIGE_SUMMERJAM8
http://bit.ly/DOA5U_THEFALLCLASSIC2014

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Question; Are player participants allowed to have a fellow player participants by their side to coach/give advice in-between sets (not during actual matches, but before and/or after a match is played) during stream matches?

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Coaching is always a distraction and often interrupts flow for the other player. It's looked down upon by some but not strictly forbidden.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD