[Oct 17, 2015] #GameChanger - DOA5LR Charity Tournaments - Offline Tournament in... (London)

xi c4i2l ix

Standard Donor
Today is the day I launch my Dead or Alive Tournaments for charity. Play video games. Save lives. Win prizes!

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZuBjGwyByg

Donation / Registration: http://igg.me/at/GameChangerTournament

Give the video a watch to see what you could win. If you're a DOA fan then what are you waiting for ? Sign up!

The venue for the offline tournament is also a videogame arcade. So you're not just paying for tournament entry, you're paying to play a variety of arcade and console games too!

If you dont want to play but you'd still like to donate then please feel free to do so on the website (just make a donation without selecting one of the "Perks")

Offline Tournament Structure and Rules (win £200, Season Pass, Full Game Code if you're on Core Fighters)

Rounds: 3
Time: 60 seconds
Stage select: Random
Offline tournament structure will depend on the number of entrants and will be confirmed when we have a better idea of numbers. If we only have a low number of entrants then it will be a "Round Robin" style tournament and may only last one day. If a player has paid for 2 days they will still be free to come back and play casuals/use the arcade on the 2nd day. If we have a large number of entrants, then it will be a double elimination tournament across both days. Please check back for updates! For information on the venue (e.g its location and setup) please go to https://www.facebook.com/TheHeartOfGaming

Online Tournament Structure and Rules (win Season Passes or Full Game Codes if you're on Core Fighters)
We will be using the existing "Tournament" mode for these events. Details will be emailed to all entrants before tournaments.
Rounds: 3
Time: 60 seconds
Stage select: Random
Single Elimination (lose once and you're out!)

One entry per tournament per player! (You cant buy multiple tickets for the same online tournament. Anyone found to be doing this will be disqualified WITHOUT REFUND).
If you disconnect then you're out too so make sure your Internet settings are optimised before playing ! We reserve the right to remove red bars / bad connections from the lobby!

For the record , I'm not making any money off of these tournaments. All online tournament funds go to charity. Half of the offline tournament funds go to charity, the other half go to support a video game arcade that is run entirely by volunteers.

Thanks!

KING JAIMY

Hey Carl!

I would join the online tournament on Xbox One but there are no entrants yet, which is unfortunate. I have tons of European friends on Xbox One though who play DOA. If you want, I can share the links and videos with them and we'll see how many people decide to enter the tournament.

About the offline tournament, I'm pretty sure I won't be able to attend but it is an awesome idea regardless!

xi c4i2l ix

Standard Donor
Hey Jaimy!

Thanks for getting in touch! Yes please do share the links with whoever you think might want to participate - particularly players on core fighters too ! We really do need some more entrants for all tournaments and its for a really good cause so please do share it.

Myself and Koei tecmo have shared on social media but sadly not many people have signed up as yet.

With the offline tournament i understand ... but if you could make it it would be great to see you there! I started learning momiji the other day so It'd be great to have some friendly mirror matches ;)

Thanks again

KING JAIMY

On second thought I'm pretty interested in the offline tournament. My only problem is getting there. I also have a few questions, would appreciate it if you could answer one or more of them:

- What's the cheapest way of getting to London from the Netherlands? And what is the closest London Airport to the tournament venue (in case I go by airplane)?
- Is the start time 10:00 AM UK Time or Central European Time? And what about the time it ends?
- How many entrants have signed up so far?
- Will the tournament last one or two days?
- What is the tournament console?
- Is it confirmed that the prize pot is 200 GBP or is that dependent on the number of entrants?

xi c4i2l ix

Standard Donor
Wooohoooo! "Thank you very much"

Had a look at your questions:

1. I'm not 100% sure. I'd imagine the cheapest might be coach? Though i'm not sure how long that will take? I've spoken to Crazy Chin Guy and Gehaktbal and they're thinking of going but havent confirmed/paid so it might be worth talking to them too to see if/how they're coming. The closest airport in London is Heathrow, but if you can get me your flight details to me before the event date, I can look up the travel details from any London airport to the venue from any London Airport.

2. Sorry that time is an error on my part. I'm gonna push the event time back a bit and say the tournament will start at 1.30pm , with casuals starting from around 12pm. The final times are going to depend on the number of entrants in all honesty as we'll want to get as many matches in as possible.

3. We've only had 5 paid for sign ups at the moment. Though I've had more people than that tell me that they're coming, they just haven't put their money down yet!

4. Again tournament length depends on how many players sign up - either way if you buy a weekend pass you can still use the arcade for both days (theyve got both consoles and arcade games and its all covered by your entry fee!). As it stands it looks we've got a small number of entrants. If we dont get more sign ups, then the official tournament will most likely only be one day with casuals on the following day for anybody that wants to come.

5. The tournament will be on PS4.

6. Prize pot is currently confirmed as £200 yep, regardless of the number of entrants. I'm also gonna look into getting some doa merchandise at the event too, but that's not confirmed yet.

Hope that helps!

KING JAIMY

Thanks a lot for your answers! The tournament starting at 1.30 pm is actually more convenient for me since that would give me more time to get there. I'm seriously considering this and perhaps my sister would like to come along with me too. :D

xi c4i2l ix

Standard Donor
Thanks a lot for your answers! The tournament starting at 1.30 pm is actually more convenient for me since that would give me more time to get there. I'm seriously considering this and perhaps my sister would like to come along with me too. :D

That would be awesome! The more the merrier! Let me know who's coming as i would like to get a tiny gift for all tournament attendees , particularly those travelling from other countries! :)

ULTIMa Ivanov

Standard Donor
I'm on holidays back in Italy that weekend so I won't be able to attend sadly.

Hope you guys have a good time! Would be really nice to see EU players entering the tournament.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

I'm on holidays back in Italy that weekend so I won't be able to attend sadly.

Hope you guys have a good time! Would be really nice to see EU players entering the tournament.
That's too bad. You are pretty unlucky when it comes to tournament dates. As for myself, I probably won't attend because it costs too much. I hope this tournament will have a good turnout though and perhaps the French players could even be there to represent their country!

@xi c4i2l ix, how many players have officially registered themselves as of right now?

xi c4i2l ix

Standard Donor
That's too bad. You are pretty unlucky when it comes to tournament dates. As for myself, I probably won't attend because it costs too much. I hope this tournament will have a good turnout though and perhaps the French players could even be there to represent their country!

@xi c4i2l ix, how many players have officially registered themselves as of right now?
Hey Jaimy - sorry to hear you might not be able to make it. Would be good to see ya

Only about 6 paid up and registered with 7 more confirmed but not paid . Still a bunch of maybes (lol)

But yeah im hoping more people can come down

KING JAIMY

Hey Jaimy - sorry to hear you might not be able to make it. Would be good to see ya

Only about 6 paid up and registered with 7 more confirmed but not paid . Still a bunch of maybes (lol)

But yeah im hoping more people can come down
Yeah let's hope the tournament can have at least 20 entrants. 32 would be the most optimal like we would have in France but it is quite expensive for some people to travel to England from what I've experienced and heard. You are probably not going to see me there as chances are now very slim I'll be able to make it, although I would love to attend.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD