Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jadeinchains

Oh, right, that bit with Master Hand. But as you said, it's minor-scale. And yeah, they toned down some of the more mature characters down, like Bayonetta becoming clothed when she summons things, or how Snake's "neck snaps" don't even kill the opponent [not to mention not using blades or firearms, and even the military hardware he does use is more cartoonish in effect].). And quite frankly, DOA barely had that much blood or even that much violence, even WITH the stuff you mentioned.

We can agree about the poll. It doesn't make sense either, especially when DOA5LR's PS4 version more than proved that DOAX3 was very much capable of handing all fifteen girls. I can understand why the VF girls, Mai Shiranui, Naotora Ii, and Phase 4 were excluded since they're guest characters from other franchises (and unlike Ninja Gaiden which is in fact set in the same universe as DOA, they aren't even connected to DOA), and in the case of Phase 4, is a literal Kasumi clone, and they are generally Persona non Grata from the DOA games especially when they're more living weapons. But the other girls definitely didn't deserve to be excluded. Well, only way to find out is to see TGS 2018, which reminds me, when IS DOAXVV going to be covered at TGS? Is it the 20th, the 21st, the 22nd, or the 23rd?

Yeah I'd never expect Phase 4 or the guest characters to be in X3 but the other girls definitely could/should have been in X3. At least with Leifang being added to VV a couple months ago they've begun to return to the Xtreme series after not being in X3. I'm not actually sure though when VV is being shown during TGS?

Xerampelinae

Today is my birthday, and VV decided to be VERY nice to me today. I unlocked Misaki with my guaranteed SSR ticket I got from the tower event that just ended, and today I unlocked Tamaki! Now I only need to unlock Hitomi, Kasumi, and Leifang (and an SSR for Helena who was my first girl that I chose), and I'll have everyone. If they announce Tina or Christie today at TGS, it will be a hat trick.

otnesse

Today is my birthday, and VV decided to be VERY nice to me today. I unlocked Misaki with my guaranteed SSR ticket I got from the tower event that just ended, and today I unlocked Tamaki! Now I only need to unlock Hitomi, Kasumi, and Leifang (and an SSR for Helena who was my first girl that I chose), and I'll have everyone. If they announce Tina or Christie today at TGS, it will be a hat trick.

Wait, I thought TGS isn't until tomorrow.

Xerampelinae

It isn't, but in my time zone, I'm 12 hours ahead of Japan, so when it's 11pm (and still my birthday), it will be 11am at TGS and we'll probably have some news.

otnesse

Well, Momiji's down, all that's left in the way of birthdays for this year is Luna, maybe either Tina or Christie if we're lucky. Then next year we're definitely getting Leifang's birthday, maybe also Rachel, Mila, and/or Tina/Christie (depending on which of the two came out first).

Going to look forward to those birthday episodes. And depending on how things go, I'll start catching up on Event Episode translations either on October or December (this largely depends on whether Tina/Christie are confirmed or not).

otnesse

First Time Rock Climbing Event Sequence 1/2
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33889075

First Time Rock Climbing Event Sequence 2/2
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm33889575

Just took care of the transcriptions (Had to use another source for the first part since, well, you took a while to upload that one). Must admit, considering how the second episode's title was very similar to Luna's Counterattack, I was actually very surprised that Misaki didn't grope Tamaki at any point, especially during the rock climbing bit, as revenge for similar treatment on Tamaki's end (especially when Tamaki DID seem to somehow grope Misaki twice while the latter was rock climbing based on Tamaki's little "bend over and clawing hands animation").

Well, now that both this event episode and Momiji's birthday has been transcribed (and in the case of the latter, translated), all I have to do now regarding this event is wait for Endless Box 9 to post the Event Episode, and I'm all set (and I've got a busy week ahead of me as it is, from Anime Weekend Atlanta to Tokyo Game Show 2018, heck, to even checking whether the next and possibly final chapter of Dragon Ball Super is out today or tomorrow.). That's also not getting into trying out VBAs for my dad as well.

Tina2040_

According to this site, DMM Games will have stage time for DOAXVV at Sep 22 11:30am, Japan time. That's tomorrow, 7:30pm PT (at least from where I live).

There's a special program with guest and secret. Could be surprises.

https://gematsu.com/2018/09/tgs-2018-live-stream-schedule#dmmgames

Please be a mobile version... please be a mobile version.
That or TINA PSYCHO!
(OR I will give my left nut if they make it some dumb port to Xbox Live or PSN that you pay like 10 bucks for... with Tina added of course)

Jadeinchains

So It's officially tonight ( for people in Europe at least ) that the VV tgs event happens, So very soon we'll finally see what it is they show. ( And surely they will show something them having an event at tgs and everything )

What I imagine is a character reveal ( Tina ) and maybe other stuff like what's to come/a new location etc.

What I'd hope but obviously doubt would be Doax3 revived support or DoAX3U. Though I don't expect it and Tina being added will still be cool to see.

Jackie Chan Fan

I'm trying to keep my expectations low. I mean I want Leifang, Tina, and the rest to be in DOAX3, just like everyone, but I try not to think about it to avoid frustration. hahaha

Yeah, looking forward to the event later.

Xerampelinae

I have very low expectations. They will be showing the results of the pose contest for sure. I have the feeling they will release a special swimsuit that will be hidden behind a paywall, and that will be about it. It's about time for them to reveal a new character, but I honestly don't want to get my hopes up. They may also do something about that Senran Kagura tease that they mentioned earlier.

I have zero hope about DOAX3U. I'd love it, of course, but it will only ever be a pipe dream.

otnesse

I have very low expectations. They will be showing the results of the pose contest for sure. I have the feeling they will release a special swimsuit that will be hidden behind a paywall, and that will be about it. It's about time for them to reveal a new character, but I honestly don't want to get my hopes up. They may also do something about that Senran Kagura tease that they mentioned earlier.

I have zero hope about DOAX3U. I'd love it, of course, but it will only ever be a pipe dream.

Eh, to be fair regarding revealing a new character, even if they WERE to do it, they'd probably would do a brief tease and wait a couple of weeks before fully unveiling her and putting her on. You know, like how they did Luna. Based on the dates that Luna, Tamaki, and Leifang got released on, if there's going to be a new character (which there probably will be), she'll be released sometime in October, so assuming they DO tease a new character at TGS, they'd still have to wait until October before they actually release her into the game, or at the absolute earliest this coming Thursday in the final week of September (since I just noticed that they subtracted a week for each character update).

As far as Xtreme 3 Ultimate, to be fair, the chances of Leifang getting into Xtreme Venus Vacation were similarly low as well, especially after Hayashi implied they won't "betray" the poll results in an interview with Famitsu, yet guess what, she got in. If they can bring Leifang in despite strongly implying they won't include any cut characters, they most certainly can announce DOAX3U (and quite frankly, after how much of a disappointment DOAX3 was, it NEEDS a DOAX3U big time).

And wait, they teased Senran Kagura?

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD