Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

HHH816

http://destiny-child-blog.line.me/archives/11929621.html
Dnqy3OfU4AATnK_.jpg:large

Jadeinchains

Just woke up, so that was the announcement, yep lol I seriously doubted it would be anything like doax3u but I thought maybe it would be a character reveal since it was being shown at tgs but nope.

Yuffie

Honestly a collaboration was the last thing I was thinking they were going to do.
Unless something gets revealed in day 4, I'm not expecting any VV news until next month for a possible new character.

I mean what if it is that new DOA6 female? I wonder if they'd do that.

hardseppo

Rumour has it by someone who has looked up code that the next girl will be a new one. The name "Fiona" did also drop. Take it with a grain of salt though... guess we'll know in two weeks

otnesse

Well, to be fair, an inter-company crossover actually WOULD be something that's big enough to warrant something like TGS to announce.

As far as whether the next girl is the new DOA6 female, I kind of doubt it, especially considering they weren't going to include Misaki, Luna, and Tamaki into DOA6. I mean, if those three are persona non grata from DOA6, even when Luna at least actually could fight via possibly Bushido, I see zero reason why the DOA6 girl should be included into DOAXVV. Either way, we'll see in a week or two (I'm estimating a week at the earliest because I noticed that each debut was a week earlier than the last debut. Think about it, Luna debuted on January 18, Tamaki debuted on April 12, and Leifang debuted on July 5. For all we know, they may debut the next character, whether it's one of the remaining cut characters or even a new girl, on September 28 if that pattern continues.).

Jadeinchains

Rumour has it by someone who has looked up code that the next girl will be a new one. The name "Fiona" did also drop. Take it with a grain of salt though... guess we'll know in two weeks

"Fiona"? So what like when he was looking at code apparently the name Fiona was there or something? I have to admit I will take it with a grain of salt since I don't remember anything like this happening for any of the other girls being added to VV.

And yeah I doubt that If the next character in VV is a new girl that she'll be the new female character from DoA6 since none of the other new characters in VV are going to be in doa6 etc but who knows.

otnesse

"Fiona"? So what like when he was looking at code apparently the name Fiona was there or something? I have to admit I will take it with a grain of salt since I don't remember anything like this happening for any of the other girls being added to VV.

And yeah I doubt that If the next character in VV is a new girl that she'll be the new female character from DoA6 since none of the other new characters in VV are going to be in doa6 etc but who knows.

Well, we'll see if the rumor about "Fiona" is true or not. I kind of have my doubts, given that DOAXVV is Japanese-exclusive, they'd just make a character who is non-Japanese, especially when "Fiona" is not a Japanese name, or heck, even an Asian name, nor does there seem to be any reason to use the name anyway as even a slight pun (yes, Luna isn't exactly a Japanese name either, but at least she has her being a potential extraterrestrial as a reason for having it, not to mention was clearly named after a celestial body and was meant to be a pun on the Moon Rabbit). Even if they were to include actual non-Japanese characters, they're probably going to stick with the cut cast for that. One thing's for certain, though: considering the three DOAXVV girls weren't even allowed to enter DOA6 (and based on the way they were talking, they won't even get the DLC treatment, either), it's unlikely the new DOA6 girl (assuming it IS a girl anyway) is going to be brought into DOAXVV.

And speaking of the new DOA6 girl (or at least new DOA6 character. Technically, given how Shimbori and Tom Lee have both strongly implied via the official social media account for Koei-Tecmo that they made Diego gay, coupled with Shimbori's questionable sexuality, they could just as easily have a male on those breast-pads), think they'll unveil the new breastpad at the end of TGS? After all, back in the 2011 TGS, there was something similar that happened with hidden Uchiwa fans that were to promote the HD collection, Peace Walker HD Edition, and Snake Eater 3D, and then it was revealed during the event that the Uchiwa fans simply had Hideo Kojima and Yumi Kikuchi's faceprints on them, and didn't have any direct relevance to any of those games.

latest

http://andriasang.com/comy89/

EDIT: Apparently, there's going to be a DOA Festival on November 18, 2018, and it's also implied that KT is going to announce the mystery character that was teased in that special edition package. That basically means that, even IF the DOA6 girl (assuming said character IS indeed a girl, anyway) is going to be in DOAXVV (which is unlikely, especially before release), it definitely won't be the immediate next one.

Last edited:

otnesse

Great... just great. Was really hoping for one of the remaining cut girls to get in. Well, let's hope she proves to be a good addition, regardless. At this point I think we've got... what? Six slots left at this point? They'd better add in the remaining five girls soon, or else we ARE going to take it up to KT (it was a stupid idea to cut the mainstays as well as Mila and Rachel out). If they make a third new girl after this and the next, believe me, I'm going to get VERY angry with them. Besides, Shimbori isn't even going to bother including any new girls they create for DOAXVV anyways, so might as well add in the remaining cut girls.

EDIT: So, her name is indeed Fiona. I can understand Luna due to her being a pun on the Moon Rabbit, but I'm not sure why they'd make a character with a Western name, especially when they don't even give nationalities in DOAXVV and most of the cast is Japanese anyway. Well, like I said, let's hope she's up to the task (and let's also hope that the guys doing DOAXVV actually add in the cut girls in the future).

Last edited:

otnesse

Well, new girl Fiona aside, I guess that means character updates are going to be the following:

January 18, 2018: Luna

April 12, 2018: Tamaki

July 5, 2018: Leifang

September 27, 2018: Fiona

December 20, 2018: ???

March 14, 2019: ???

June 6, 2019: ???

August 29, 2019: ???

November 21, 2019: ???

February 13, 2020: ???

Now, if DOAGamesareCool were to, say, show proof that they add in slots afterward and that 6 isn't necessarily what's left, then I'll probably be a bit more forgiving, but until then, all I know is that if they add in two new girls after this, that means the chances of all the cut girls getting in is decreasing.

Let's hope one of the cut girls gets in at a future date (particularly Mila, Rachel, and Tina, the former two because they were screwed out of even having a vacation at all as newcomers to the franchise thanks largely to that stupid wallpaper poll for Xtreme 3, and the last one because her chances of even appearing in DOA6 are likely very low right now thanks to comments made by Tom Lee and Shimbori that implied that they created Diego specifically to cater to "American sensibilities", despite Tina, being a very patriotic American lady who was the embodiment of the American dream, would have appealed to American sensibilities by default, so XVV is pretty much Tina's last chance at appearing in ANY DOA games.).

Jadeinchains

Oh wow she looks really cool! :eek: I wasn't expecting just randomly like this the new girl to be revealed but I'm definitely happy the reveal happened! :D I love her outfit too I wonder what the Japanese around her says?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD