Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Jadeinchains

Does anyone have any idea what the "coming soon" area of the website could be? It's in the buying section so I'm thinking maybe it's like a limited edition "Scarlet edition" or something?

speaking of Scarlet, Fortune and Venus are named after the swimsuits so I'm guessing Scarlet is too so I wonder when we'll see the Scarlet suit if it is a thing.

I wish we had some sort of idea when we are supposed to get more news. Maybe we could get a famitsu scan or something this week but I don't really know when famitsu releases new magazines? Tuesday? Thursday?

Macca Beam

every 6 months i check back and realize i missed a bunch of VV events
not like i even played it after release but...

is the new game gonna have the entire VV catalog?

speaking of Scarlet, Fortune and Venus are named after the swimsuits
i thought it's
playstation Four
Vita
Switch

Jadeinchains

every 6 months i check back and realize i missed a bunch of VV events
not like i even played it after release but...

is the new game gonna have the entire VV catalog?

i thought it's
playstation Four
Vita
Switch

it was fortune for ps4 and venus for vita but they had the subtitles cause of the fortune and venus suits so If the new subtitle Scarlet is following the same theme then I imagine they'll be a Scarlet suit.

they haven't shown much yet so we aren't sure but hopefully there will be lots of VV suits.

Xerampelinae

Today at work, I was considering this fact: They may not update the Asia/China version of the game at all. Since Scarlet only seems to be coming out in Japan, I'm wondering if they're only going to update the Japanese version of Fortune? I hope not, but I'm preparing myself for the fact that it could be a possibility.

EDIT: Also looking at the compatibility list, the fact that neither the Switch or PS4 version are supporting Premium Tickets makes me think they are rehashing how the DLC is done. Which is good because the Premium Ticket thing was kind of garbage and everyone hated it, and it's pretty much what killed the support of the game. If it's done like DOA5 (and it's a reasonable price), I'm fine with it.

Yuffie

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but on the Gematsu article it says X3S comes with 2 Forbidden swimsuits. I believe it was that Misaki one piece shown earlier and one for the unknown character. Hopefully it's not a new character. Been tired of these 18 year olds (besides Tamaki).

Jadeinchains

Oh okay so both are being added to Fortune yeah I didn't notice that, I wonder if they will keep that up with any future characters? Even still though Scarlet will have other new stuff as well as outfit dlc that i imagine won't be added to Fortune. and yeah the premium tickets being gone is great because I really didn't like them so hopefully they'll be going for the doa5 psn dlc method instead.

If the unannounced character is a VV girl I'd pick Tamaki or Leifang but I guess we'll see if it is or someone never seen before.

I know the game literally only got announced yesterday and the website went live today but I'm already dying for more info, It isn't helped by the fact that we haven't really been shown anything of the game yet, I want to see footage and here about what's new, Accessories? Activities? Misaki's and the other girls swimsuit collections?

PS: Oh and on the website with the collectors edition it mentions 11 extra swimsuits, But based on the same of the set I can't tell If it's new or not. I think it might be that plant swimsuits we got with X3. "Extreme Sexy Costume S” set"

Jackie Chan Fan

Would be glad if the unannounced character is Leifang. If not, I hope there's not another loli.

I read a few pages back that Japanese fans are also asking TN to add the missing girls, just like the rest of us. I mean they're part of the reason why the other girls are not there, like Leifang or Tina, because their top girl is Marie Rose, not a DOA-like girl.

Edit: I'm guessing a DLC character will add her own set of swimsuits, like 3 of each type/style.

Yuffie

It is true that TN hasn't announced if the Asian version will be updated. This could turn bad since that's what most people have. I would assume they would. They would lose revenue if they don't update the Asian version.
The set of 11 should be new dlc @Jadeinchains

@Jackie Chan Fan now that you mention it, each girl does have her own set of swimsuits. That's probably why they don't want to add the missing girls.
And there's no guarantee that the free dlc sets are compatible with the new girls.
But then again they could use the DOAX2 set.
Maybe if the dlc girls sell, they will consider adding more girls later

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

It is true that TN hasn't announced if the Asian version will be updated. This could turn bad since that's what most people have. I would assume they would. They would lose revenue if they don't update the Asian version.
The set of 11 should be new dlc @Jadeinchains

@Jackie Chan Fan now that you mention it, each girl does have her own set of swimsuits. That's probably why they don't want to add the missing girls.
And there's no guarantee that the free dlc sets are compatible with the new girls.
But then again they could use the DOAX2 set.
Maybe if the dlc girls sell, they will consider adding more girls later

i imagine Misaki and the unannounced character will have their own swimsuit collections of like...6 outfits, And after them any dlc girls might have a couple in their collections too. I imagine that dlc outfit sets might be like doa5's etc where each outfit is specific to each girl though like the Senran Kagura set for X3.

Oh and I keep forgetting it but yeah...I really hope there's an Asian version of the game with English subs, Surely they will though since it allows for a lot more people to buy the game and therefore more profit for TN.

otnesse

Tina, Lisa and Rachel are still MIA, therefore I dont give a shit about this new game.

Actually, Rachel may actually be in the in-game coding for Xtreme Venus Vacation, considering one of the name extensions featured recently was "RAC". I'll give you Tina and Lisa, however.

EDIT: Speaking of character inclusions, did Famitsu release the teaser thumbnail for its new girl yet (I believe she's known in the internal files as NAG)?

Last edited:

Yuffie

Actually, Rachel may actually be in the in-game coding for Xtreme Venus Vacation, considering one of the name extensions featured recently was "RAC". I'll give you Tina and Lisa, however.
Who were the girls rumored to be in VV? Besides Rachel and Mila.
I wonder if those key letters are character names though

otnesse

Who were the girls rumored to be in VV? Besides Rachel and Mila.
I wonder if those key letters are character names though

They most likely are, since in order, they go with MIS, LUN, TAM, LEI, FON, NAG, CRI, MIL, and RAC, and we know that they are the following:

*MIS = Misaki

*LUN = Luna

*TAM = Tamaki

*LEI = Leifang

*FON = Fiona

And other than Mila and Rachel, the only other girl, at least regarding the cut six, that's rumored to be in DOAXVV that can be found in the coding is Christie, based on the name extension "CRI". The only other name extension, NAG, I have no idea, which reminds me, did they release any thumbnails today for Famitsu that teased the new girl? They generally do that on Mondays, and I'm estimating it's either this week, or December 20 that they'll release her.

otnesse

MIL and RAC but not an old timer like TIN, why?

NAG sounds like the beginning of a couple moonspeak names

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure Tina and Lisa will be coming in soon. After all, I didn't exactly expect Mila and Rachel to be debuting THAT soon after Christie (I honestly thought they'd be predated by a western girl and an Asian girl in that order, each, like what's going on with Leifang and Christie).

JJdude

So switch version it is then? I might as well since I'm planning on getting a Switch with Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

Jackie Chan Fan

The only reason to avoid the Switch version is the 30fps framerate.

I just remembered. Nintendo kind of censored a Koei Tecmo game before, that Fatal Frame 5. The bikini costumes in the Japanese version are removed in the western version. Those bikini costumes are not even in Dead or Alive-level.

Jadeinchains

They most likely are, since in order, they go with MIS, LUN, TAM, LEI, FON, NAG, CRI, MIL, and RAC, and we know that they are the following:

*MIS = Misaki

*LUN = Luna

*TAM = Tamaki

*LEI = Leifang

*FON = Fiona

And other than Mila and Rachel, the only other girl, at least regarding the cut six, that's rumored to be in DOAXVV that can be found in the coding is Christie, based on the name extension "CRI". The only other name extension, NAG, I have no idea, which reminds me, did they release any thumbnails today for Famitsu that teased the new girl? They generally do that on Mondays, and I'm estimating it's either this week, or December 20 that they'll release her.

So whoever this "NAG" girl is is the next character that's going to be added to XVV?
If famitsu scans do come out of her and her being added to Venus Vacation I guess we might get info on Scarlet at the same time.

The 11th mystery girl for Scarlet will probably be NiCO.

Yeah I'd been thinking about that too that It might actually be NiCO, Personally I doubt it but you never know, I'm personally betting on Tamaki or a never seen before character.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD