Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

HHH816

kinda make sense, introducing more doaxvv character like luna and tamaki would make playing doaxvv seems useless

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Will Leifang be in the game as well too? I saw lists of the roster but iirc I don't remember seeing her name at all xD

UpSideDownGRUNT

I wouldn't trust his stuff considering all the misinformation he consistently posted about DOA6.

And who cares? They still exist in Vanilla AND most of them are even in Venus Vacation or pc mods.

just_me

Standard Donor
rumored that they are gonna patch censorship into fortune, save your picture guys

Is there anything to substantiate those rumors?

It says also some bikinis

There weren't many paid DLC bikinis for DoAX3… so this probably refers to the Senran Kagura Collab since those were timed DLC and thus can no longer be made available.

It's just the fan and lotions... It's not even that big of a deal. Stop giving One Angry Manbaby clicks.

Well I agree with that… he cleary stared too long into the Abyss lol

the PS4 version is still weird… not even Premium Tickets, while the Switch gets them. It's like the don't expect this version to sell and just focus on the Switch version and maybe the old X3.

Last edited:

belts

Today at work, I was considering this fact: They may not update the Asia/China version of the game at all. Since Scarlet only seems to be coming out in Japan, I'm wondering if they're only going to update the Japanese version of Fortune? I hope not, but I'm preparing myself for the fact that it could be a possibility.

EDIT: Also looking at the compatibility list, the fact that neither the Switch or PS4 version are supporting Premium Tickets makes me think they are rehashing how the DLC is done. Which is good because the Premium Ticket thing was kind of garbage and everyone hated it, and it's pretty much what killed the support of the game. If it's done like DOA5 (and it's a reasonable price), I'm fine with it.
I'm sorry, but what in the world are you smoking? How is DOA5 DLC practice better than DOAX3? In DOAX3, you can grind to get every DLC (except for a very small handful) for absolutely free. You cannot do this in DOA5, you either pay for the expensive DLC, or you don't get it.

Again, how is DOAX3 DLC practice worse than DOA5?

HHH816

the initial plan is all the bikini dlc need to buy with the ticket in DOAX3 not by save scumming and TN receive backlash with fans and they change it.

just_me

Standard Donor
the initial plan is all the bikini dlc need to buy with the ticket in DOAX3 not by save scumming

That's not true… the initial plan was to have one grindable outfit and one premium outfit per cycle. Still not much smarter though.

Jadeinchains

I'm sorry, but what in the world are you smoking? How is DOA5 DLC practice better than DOAX3? In DOAX3, you can grind to get every DLC (except for a very small handful) for absolutely free. You cannot do this in DOA5, you either pay for the expensive DLC, or you don't get it.

Again, how is DOAX3 DLC practice worse than DOA5?

Cause wasn't it something like If you were to get everything with the premium tickets it would have cost you hundreds or something?
Personally I'd say look at doa5's dlc support making it get support for 5+ years but the way doax3 did dlc support wasn't as sustainable profit wise and It only went for a year.

Also speaking of characters It would be cool to see Niki get added to VV/Scarlet.

She'd be perfect, She even has a beach on the island named after her. And since she isn't a fighter a chilled out vacation would be more her style.

otnesse

So whoever this "NAG" girl is is the next character that's going to be added to XVV?
If famitsu scans do come out of her and her being added to Venus Vacation I guess we might get info on Scarlet at the same time.

Yeah I'd been thinking about that too that It might actually be NiCO, Personally I doubt it but you never know, I'm personally betting on Tamaki or a never seen before character.

Yeah, she's most likely next up. Well, since they haven't released any new information on her, I suspect she's going to be released on December 20.

As far as the 11th girl, I doubt it's NiCO, since they still kept her hidden. I'm pretty sure if it were NiCO, they'd openly reveal her to be the other character by this point (and besides, I see no reason to add NiCO to the Xtreme games in after they refused to let Misaki, Luna, Tamaki, Fiona, or NAG appear in DOA6. Have they forgotten that Lisa originally debuted in an Xtreme game?). It's most likely either one of the other DOAXVV characters (either one of the OCs or one of the girls cut from DOAX3) or an entirely new character.

Cause wasn't it something like If you were to get everything with the premium tickets it would have cost you hundreds or something?
Personally I'd say look at doa5's dlc support making it get support for 5+ years but the way doax3 did dlc support wasn't as sustainable profit wise and It only went for a year.

Also speaking of characters It would be cool to see Niki get added to VV/Scarlet.

She'd be perfect, She even has a beach on the island named after her. And since she isn't a fighter a chilled out vacation would be more her style.

No kidding. At least DOA5's DLC service was sustainable, unlike DOAX3's. Of course, even those two were a lot better than Peace Walker's DLC, where it many times just forced you to buy products just to get the passcodes you needed to get, like, I don't know, getting specific T-shirts or Mountain Dew cans or that whole shebang.

And quite frankly, it's been long enough to allow Niki an actual chance to be playable. One flaw with DOAX-X2/P was their squandering a chance to let Niki be playable despite her being a character in the game. She could have been a bonus unlockable for getting 100% in the game, leave her with very good stats, even justify her being playable as her deciding to actually interact with the various other vacationers as a way to gauge why Zack would invite them. Hopefully DOAX3S or DOAXVV actually allows her to be playable.

And to everyone who is trashing on One Angry Gamer, look, you may have differences in political opinion regarding Billy, the guy who runs the place, but he at least has some expertise and personal experience regarding game engine development, so he actually has some pretty valid points to consider regarding the gutting of DOA6's engine at least. At least take his points on game development into consideration, not even asking that you agree with him politically. And besides, it's not just him that is concerned about potential censorship stuff regarding DOAX3F with the release of DOAX3S, as I've seen quite a few people on DeviantArt who are just as concerned about it, so they actually have quite a bit of justification of being fearful of Sony's current actions. And let's not forget Shimbori's own comments (which, like it or not IS still largely his fault for badly wording them at the very least).

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah, she's most likely next up. Well, since they haven't released any new information on her, I suspect she's going to be released on December 20.

As far as the 11th girl, I doubt it's NiCO, since they still kept her hidden. I'm pretty sure if it were NiCO, they'd openly reveal her to be the other character by this point (and besides, I see no reason to add NiCO to the Xtreme games in after they refused to let Misaki, Luna, Tamaki, Fiona, or NAG appear in DOA6. Have they forgotten that Lisa originally debuted in an Xtreme game?). It's most likely either one of the other DOAXVV characters (either one of the OCs or one of the girls cut from DOAX3) or an entirely new character.

It's annoying knowing so little about the game right now, We really need info on an Asian release and gameplay footage, I just wish we actually knew when we're next going to get info, Soon? December? 2019? Surely it must be soon with only 4 months until release.

otnesse

It's annoying knowing so little about the game right now, We really need info on an Asian release and gameplay footage, I just wish we actually knew when we're next going to get info, Soon? December? 2019? Surely it must be soon with only 4 months until release.

We'll probably get some information soon, if not in December, then certainly in January. I know that's when Honoka was unveiled for the first time.

Anyways, I'll probably check every Monday to see if there's any news until about December 17, just in case NAG gets released earlier than predicted. A good way to find out whether she's released that week is if they unveil a teaser scan for her debut in Famitsu on Monday. They did it for Luna, Tamaki, Leifang, and Fiona, so there's no doubt NAG's going to get the same treatment regarding her debut in DOAXVV. December 20 is my estimated ETA for her, largely because it fits the pattern of the past girls, being three months minus a week from the last debut (two months minus one week if starting from the first week to the last).

I do wonder if the First Anniversary is a two-part event episode arc or if we're literally going to not have any new episodes until November 30?

Jackie Chan Fan

From experience, DOA games usually get updates every 2 weeks. For DOAXVV, it's weekly because of the nature of the game.

The First Anniversary event could be a two-parter. This week, we only have the swimsuits for some girls. The other girls could get theirs next week. The 2 sets are named Anniversary Code Gacha Cute and Anniversary Code Gacha Cool. Plus, there are only 3 episodes.

Jackie Chan Fan

Oh nice. The official site only shows the Switch version with the collector's edition. Good thing PlayAsia also has one for PS4.

I just hope that the comparison table in the site is a typo. :p

Maybe we'll learn in a few weeks (or months) if we'll get an Asian version. That's how it was in DOAX3, right? :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD