Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

*ahem* Ayane... She was added in the 2nd version of DOA1.

And are you REALLY surprised the new girls we know almost nothing about got in over characters most people are sick of seeing?

Plus, its not like other legacy characters didn't get in like Helena and Hitomi who have been in Xtreme since the first games as well. Or Kokoro since DOA4/X2

My biggest problem is that they cut characters out at all, ESPECIALLY characters who actually are either mainstays for the series or otherwise are directly tied to the series in canon like Ninja Gaiden. I mean, it's one thing to cut out Alpha 152/Phase 4 (due to their being Kasumi clones) or Sarah Bryant/Pai Chan/Mai Shiranui/Naotora Ii (since they're guest characters and thus would require legal mumbo jumbo to use again due to trademarks/copyrights and all that stuff), it's quite another to cut out girls who actually ARE part of the Dead or Alive/Ninja Gaiden cast. And for the record, I'd still be angry even if they cut out the new girls as well, even the ones I don't particularly like. It's a beach vacation game for the girls, you don't cut out characters for that. And it also doesn't help that Dead or Alive 5 Last Round was able to include a roster of 36 whopping characters, meaning they could easily add in all 15 girls into the DOAX3 cast. I mean, did they cut out characters to make room for Kokoro in Xtreme 2? Or even do that to make room for Rio in Paradise?

And BTW, unless you can give documented statistical proof that 75% or more people within the Dead or Alive fanbase are sick of seeing certain characters, worldwide, I suggest you don't state that most people are sick of them.

KwonJigglypuff

I have the feeling Lei Fang might come back, seeing how she was close to Helena's score in the poll, and that she is Shimbori's favourite.

otnesse

I have the feeling Lei Fang might come back, seeing how she was close to Helena's score in the poll, and that she is Shimbori's favourite.

And Tina too, considering she sold a LOT of stuff in Japan, and she's only the second person in the cutting room floor. Oh, and her voice clips were also not only in Xtreme 3, but they managed to sometimes replace the partner character's voice via a glitch. Even Rachel probably could get in considering it was fan request that got Rachel into DOA5U in the first place.

otnesse

I'd rather Rachel and Mila honestly
Honestly, if you ask me, I'd rather ALL the girls get in (at the very least, all the girls who actually are part of the DOA cast and not either Kasumi clones or guest characters, but I'm even willing to allow the Kasumi clones to come in if it were fully up to me). Not allow even ONE girl to be cut.

And for the record, I'm also very angry at how they cut Mila and Rachel, arguably even more than I am at Tina, Christie, Lisa, and Leifang being cut. At least they had prior vacations, those two were newcomers (well, newcomers to DOA anyway).

That whole poll was just stupid and pointless.

Well, at least VV will have the six girls come up sooner or later. There's literally enough room in the character select to add a scroll bar, meaning there's definitely room for the other six.

Jadeinchains

I really hope that that happens and the other 6 girls are added to Doavv maybe as dlc or as an update overtime. Honestly I'm actually liking how doaxvv is looking and have been following it's campaign. I obviously would like though and hope that eventually either doax3u comes out with all the new content for consoles or doax3 starts to get the new stuff as dlc including Misaki but who knows right now? But yeah I'm liking the look of doaxvv. They showed the chibi Kasumi and Ayane today and tomorrow this campaign ends. Who knows If there will be another one after it but it seems to be getting close to release since I remember it saying something like "It's almost over so please wait" or something like that.

otnesse

Well, since no one else posted them, might as well post Helena, Kokoro, Kasumi, and Ayane's images, since they popped up yesterday and today, respectively:

helena01.png

helena02.png

helena03.png

helena04.png

kokoro01.png

kokoro02.png

kokoro03.png

kokoro04.png

kasumi01.png

kasumi02.png

kasumi03.png

kasumi04.png

ayane01.png

ayane02.png

ayane03.png

ayane04.png

And since no one actually posted Marie Rose's images when they debuted the same day Misaki's images popped up, might as well do so also:

marie01.png

marie02.png

marie03.png

marie04.png

All I can say is, let's hope they make similar chibis of Lisa, Tina, Christie, Mila, Leifang, and Rachel when they appear (and we know they're gonna appear since the scroll bar for the character selection indicates there's going to be more than the 10 characters to be in the game).

Also, is there a full quality scan of this image?

DNECkPMUEAEjiXs.jpg

I mean, we got the two main pages, but not this one.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Can't find a better scan of that page.

A latest tweet shows a portion of the in-game DMM swimsuit. Just the breast part. From the translation also, it says this is the last campaign. So it could mean the game is coming really soon. :D

https://twitter.com/doax_vv_staff/status/925306791231139840

Cool! :D The final week of the campaign, So the game from the sounds of things like "The last week goes up to the start of service" the game must be coming out next week.

Jackie Chan Fan

New Famitsu interview of Hayashi.

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201711/01145143.html

Google Translate is kinda messed up and some translations are not so clear. At least from the translations that make sense, this is how I understood it.

- The games makes use of Owner Mode.
- DOAXVV is not a numbered title (spinoff of a spinoff?) and serves as a bridge to those who do not know the series.
- Play volleyball, get stronger, get swimsuits.
- The girls will take a shower before getting the swimsuit. The more rare the swimsuit, the more sexy is the shower scene.
- They would like to express the girls’ expressions that’s why they went for PC.
- Basic game flow: play volleyball (called Fes), get swimsuits, rewards, experience.
- Talk scenes, gravure scenes.
- The interviewer asked if the new features will come out in DOAX3 also. Hayashi said he has not decided yet.
- The interviewer also asked of the missing girls will be added. Hayashi said he does not want to betray the popularity vote results.
- The prefers to add a new character. He will consider adding the others as this game will be long term. There’s this “as long as” that I don’t understand.
- If your PC can handle DOA5LR, it can also handle DOAXVV. Full screen and windowed.
- The game is free (-to-play?)
- Development is in the final stages.

UpSideDownGRUNT

In other words "fuck everyone that wants unpopular girls" lol

"betray the popularity vote" is so BS, especially when only Japans vote was actually considered. His response to DOAX3 dlc was also very vague and when a developer is vague it mostly means no without outright saying no.

otnesse

Google Translate is kinda messed up and some translations are not so clear. At least from the translations that make sense, this is how I understood it.

- DOAXVV is not a numbered title (spinoff of a spinoff?) and serves as a bridge to those who do not know the series.
- The girls will take a shower before getting the swimsuit. The more rare the swimsuit, the more sexy is the shower scene.
- They would like to express the girls’ expressions that’s why they went for PC.
- Basic game flow: play volleyball (called Fes), get swimsuits, rewards, experience.
- The interviewer asked if the new features will come out in DOAX3 also. Hayashi said he has not decided yet.
- The interviewer also asked of the missing girls will be added. Hayashi said he does not want to betray the popularity vote results.
- The prefers to add a new character. He will consider adding the others as this game will be long term. There’s this “as long as” that I don’t understand.
- If your PC can handle DOA5LR, it can also handle DOAXVV. Full screen and windowed.

You've got to be kidding me... So, let me get this straight, if the likes of Tina and Leifang were unpopular, please explain how they even managed to sell a lot of merchandise, ESPECIALLY in Japan (or heck, how both Leifang and Tina had a near-perfect attendance record regarding DOA5/U/LR DLC, which definitely would have had Japanese to take account of in addition to America)? Besides, 1111qq made it VERY clear that the only reason Helena was even in the game was because we Westerners outsmarted the Japanese pollsters by getting Japanese accounts. And anyways, wasn't the reason Rachel was even included in DOA5U in the first place because the fanbase demanded for her to appear (Momiji as well)?

And honestly, the whole "popularity vote" was completely bogus if you ask me. Before the results were even in, heck, before voting even started for that matter, they already had Kasumi frequently being in the article announcing it. And quite frankly, what was even the point of a popularity poll? Did we need it for DOA5/U/LR? Heck, did we even need it for the past two Xtreme games and Paradise? I mean, for goodness sakes, the PS4 alone was capable of handling four times as many girls for DOA5LR, so there was MORE than enough room for adding in all fifteen non-clone/non-guest fighter girls.

Last edited:

otnesse

don't forget they literally pay to vote.

btw i'm hoping for a doax3 update :(

Yeah, that too. Let's hope Hayashi grows a brain and actually ADDS those cut characters. Even he knows his excuse was bogus (after all, why continue having Tina and Leifang get a lot of DLC if they were truly as unpopular as he and that poll claims they are, not to mention their merchandise especially in Japan selling like hotcakes? Heck, why even bother having Lisa, Christie, Mila, and Rachel get DLC at all, or why even bother INCLUDING Rachel in the game at all [since she was apparently added in due to fan request]).

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

..."Betray the popularity poll"... But the most popular are in the game already so now they can start to add in the less popular girls now, right? They wouldn't be betraying anything just by adding in the other girls, I don't know why they want to stick to that popularity poll thing? Everyone wants the other girls too. Although then they seem to say that since the game is long term they may consider adding them later? I guess we will have to hope that they do then. Also "Add a new character"? So from that does he mean that more characters will be coming out for VV as time goes on? And that they will be new? That will be cool too.

Also "if the new features will come out in DOAX3" And he hasn't decided yet... I hope he isn't being vague because they've decided not too!? :x I really hope they decide to bring over the stuff to doax3.

Anyway I'm happy with the questions the person asked him cause these were things I wanted to know too. It's cool to hear that the game is going to be long term, I was guessing it would be because of the type of game it is. It would be great if they were just being vague about the other girls and doax3 because they can't reveal they are working on that stuff yet or something like that but who knows?

otnesse

..."Betray the popularity poll"... But the most popular are in the game already so now they can start to add in the less popular girls now, right? They wouldn't be betraying anything just by adding in the other girls, I don't know why they want to stick to that popularity poll thing? Everyone wants the other girls too. Although then they seem to say that since the game is long term they may consider adding them later? I guess we will have to hope that they do then. Also "Add a new character"? So from that does he mean that more characters will be coming out for VV as time goes on? And that they will be new? That will be cool too.

Also "if the new features will come out in DOAX3" And he hasn't decided yet... I hope he isn't being vague because they've decided not too!? :x I really hope they decide to bring over the stuff to doax3.

Anyway I'm happy with the questions the person asked him cause these were things I wanted to know too. It's cool to hear that the game is going to be long term, I was guessing it would be because of the type of game it is. It would be great if they were just being vague about the other girls and doax3 because they can't reveal they are working on that stuff yet or something like that but who knows?

Yeah, especially the cut six. He already indicated they're going to do character DLC back in March 2016, so it's about high time they start fulfilling their end of the bargain, Activity DLC too since he mentioned that as well back then, especially when there's barely even anything in Xtreme 3 as it is (even DOAX2 had more to do there).

UpSideDownGRUNT

"I'm considering it" and "I haven't decided yet" are usually PR words for "no/unlikely, but we don't to say it outright to disappoint fans"

otnesse

"I'm considering it" and "I haven't decided yet" are usually PR words for "no/unlikely, but we don't to say it outright to disappoint fans"

Eh, to be honest, if I were in their position, I'd probably use explicit language specifically to make clear a refusal, not even remotely caring if fans are disappointed or not. I've had to deal with instances where they don't refuse me a job outright and am left in angst regarding whether I even got the job or not.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that, at the very least, they're going to do more characters. No point having a scroll bar if they're not going to do more characters. And let's also hope Hayashi actually grows a brain and actually adds in the cut six characters. That poll was completely stupid and pointless.

Last edited:

Yuffie

Sounds really dumb and pathetic for not including dlc characters. I'm not surprised that Hayashi does not want to bring the features from VV over. Dumb but makes sense.

So TN doesn't want to bring missing characters but wanna bring new characters instead? That's more of an insult of the voting poll. Even if they were to include 3 of the 6 it would be a win-win situation.
They could determine it by who sells the most dlc. I would guess Tina, Leifang and Rachel would make it but at this point i wouldn't care on who would be dlc.

I mean they would have to make new assets and hire new voice actors(tres) for new characters like Misaki.
Like @otnesse said the Ps4 can totally handle all 6 missing characters.
Just their dlc model (possibly time constraints) brought the game to shame but I think the game sold fairly well for an Asian region only game.
/end rant/wasted opportunity TN

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD