Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

otnesse

Sounds really dumb and pathetic for not including dlc characters. I'm not surprised that Hayashi does not want to bring the features from VV over. Dumb but makes sense.

So TN doesn't want to bring missing characters but wanna bring new characters instead? That's more of an insult of the voting poll. Even if they were to include 3 of the 6 it would be a win-win situation.
They could determine it by who sells the most dlc. I would guess Tina, Leifang and Rachel would make it but at this point i wouldn't care on who would be dlc.

I mean they would have to make new assets and hire new voice actors(tres) for new characters like Misaki.
Like @otnesse said the Ps4 can totally handle all 6 missing characters.
Just their dlc model (possibly time constraints) brought the game to shame but I think the game sold fairly well for an Asian region only game.
/end rant/wasted opportunity TN

Yeah, and it doesn't help that he earlier indicated he won't do DLC characters until he decided to release Marie Rose. Case in point (got it from GameFAQs):

FA2GxDS.jpg

Also, is it just me, or does Hayashi in that image remind anyone of Hideo Kojima?

otnesse

Itagaki would probably be even worse though lol name one successful game he's headed post Team Ninja? Cuz it sure as hell wasn't Devils Third...

Well, at least he doesn't cut out characters from a beach game due to a completely stupid and pointless wallpaper poll, or not bother adding anyone in despite there being clear demand for it with the poll being a flimsy excuse, and at least he didn't outright lie about the whole character interactions bit in the beach game, or keep the game exclusive to Asia for whatever stupid reason, or pretty much leave us with a grossly inadequate game for Xtreme 3, or for that matter outright lie about whether or not they'll do character DLC, denouncing it as being unfair and yet deciding to do exactly that starting with Marie Rose. At this point, ANYONE would be better than Hayashi.

Last edited:

MeadowSpirit

Yeah, especially considering how removing six girls was just bad, dumb, and a jerk move. And why, all because of a stupid poll that was completely unnecessary.
I don't think it was an intentional "jerk move" at all. I think it was to keep production costs low, that's it.

otnesse

I don't think it was an intentional "jerk move" at all. I think it was to keep production costs low, that's it.

Yeah, I doubt it. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round had even less of a development timetable, and thus less of a production cost, yet they managed to include everyone from DOA5U, plus rendering the DLC characters and create new characters in the form of cyborg-Raidou and Honoka, all WITHOUT needing to cut characters. Besides, did DOAXBV, DOAX2, or DOAP need to cut characters to lower production costs? In fact, the fact that DOA5LR could handle 36 characters for PS4 would mean that they most certainly can include all fifteen girls and not have to worry about production costs. It's not even a triple-A game, anyways, meaning it wouldn't even need a particularly large payout.

Xerampelinae

I don't know why anyone outside of Japan is getting excited for this game. It will NEVER be ported outside Japan, and the DMM player is region locked, so I'm pretty sure a VPN doesn't even work. Unless someone does a big hack or rebuilds it or something, we aren't going to get to play it. I've given up on seeing anything new in DOAX3, too. I know I sound super negative, but if they didn't do anything about it by now, they aren't going to.

And Hayashi's response is a typical Japan "no" without having to actually say 'no'.

Jackie Chan Fan

There’s this game Kantai Collection on DMM, same platform as DOAXVV will be on. The players can still manage to play it until now. Hoping it could be the same for DOAXVV.

The game that I think most of us do no really care that much is DOA5 Mobile which is only for China.

Jadeinchains

Yeah I definitely never expect this game to come to the west for a start especially with the region lock and everything, Although with that I'm still just interested in the game from afar for seeing the characters and the new features they're adding and how the game will go with dlc etc and new stuff like Misaki etc.

And yeah I'd love to see this stuff from doaxvv get added to doax3 but I don't know after that what sounded very much like a no without saying no.

otnesse

I don't know why anyone outside of Japan is getting excited for this game. It will NEVER be ported outside Japan, and the DMM player is region locked, so I'm pretty sure a VPN doesn't even work. Unless someone does a big hack or rebuilds it or something, we aren't going to get to play it. I've given up on seeing anything new in DOAX3, too. I know I sound super negative, but if they didn't do anything about it by now, they aren't going to.

And Hayashi's response is a typical Japan "no" without having to actually say 'no'.

I've seen Japanese people be exceptionally blunt and rude to people when saying no or giving a dislike. Like, for example, how Hideo Kojima acted regarding the NES version of Metal Gear and made it very clear under no uncertain terms that he hated it, even was very rude to the guys who developed it as a result. Besides, this wouldn't be the first time he backed off his own word anyway. Don't forget that Hayashi's the same guy who claimed that DOA5 won't have any paid character DLC, yet we then got it with Marie Rose. Either way, it's stupid to remove the girls, and he really should add them in. After all, he did say there will be character and activity DLC back when Xtreme 3 was released if this is anything to go by:

latest

And I found it here: https://twitter.com/no96black/status/708590195734552576 You can thank Leifang2000 of GameFAQs for finding it.

So far as the other thing regarding DMM, some people have indicated it's possible to play a DMM game outside Japan.

Last edited:

Yuffie

@otnesse I remember that article. Very disappointing that Hayashi did not go by that plan.
So from DOA5 he says no dlc characters or paid can't remember, then bam we get paid dlc characters.
Doax3 he saids expect dlc characters and activities(according to that article) and does not happen.
He gets asked if missing girls will come and avoids the question and just says we rather make new girls to 'honor' that horrible voting poll.
I guess Hayashi hates the DOAX series and loves the fighting series.

Unrelated but doesn't Shimbori san like Leifang? Surprised she wasn't dlc. If she sold well then maybe the others would have come.

As far as DOAX3 Sense goes, VR isn't really building hype anymore. They haven't shown anything new about it.
Sense should of been an 'Ultimate' version of DOAX3 with those missing girls as a way to sell.
Seems TN just doesn't care or is not interested in X3

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD