Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I like the DOAX series but I think DOAX3 is disappointing, graphics wise it’s a beautiful game but the content is lacking, the game is now more focused on pleasing perverts than to make it actually fun.

The music in X3 is very disappointing, they just used some dumb game themes, I remember DOAX2 having actual music and the music was good too.
Not having all the original girls in the game is disappointing as well, they should’ve been in the game instead of Nyo, Momiji, Honoka and Marie Rose. I love Nyo and Momiji but they didn’t really had a place in X3 since their DOA story hasn’t even started yet. Same goes for the moe duo.
Not having the waterslide and jet ski’s In is just sad, those activities would’ve made the game way better already.

otnesse

I like the DOAX series but I think DOAX3 is disappointing, graphics wise it’s a beautiful game but the content is lacking, the game is now more focused on pleasing perverts than to make it actually fun.

The music in X3 is very disappointing, they just used some dumb game themes, I remember DOAX2 having actual music and the music was good too.
Not having all the original girls in the game is disappointing as well, they should’ve been in the game instead of Nyo, Momiji, Honoka and Marie Rose. I love Nyo and Momiji but they didn’t really had a place in X3 since their DOA story hasn’t even started yet. Same goes for the moe duo.
Not having the waterslide and jet ski’s In is just sad, those activities would’ve made the game way better already.

Agreed with all except for leaving out those four. Personally, I don't like leaving out ANY characters, especially not in a game where the entire point of the game is for girls to basically chill out (though you do have a point regarding Nyo and Momiji, though to be fair, the latter had a story in Ninja Gaiden, the sister series for DOA.). For the record, one of my pet peeves is when they introduce a character and yet don't even bother with creating a new story mode. I mean, for goodness sakes, Hyrule Warriors has zero problem creating story DLC, and that was made at least in part by Team Ninja. They shouldn't have any problem adding in new stories for Momiji, Rachel, Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Raidou, and Honoka. In fact, of the new girls (and guys, technically, regarding Raidou), the only one of them who even HAS any in-game story at all was Phase 4 due to her kicking Bayman's butt in the prologue.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Agreed with all except for leaving out those four. Personally, I don't like leaving out ANY characters, especially not in a game where the entire point of the game is for girls to basically chill out (though you do have a point regarding Nyo and Momiji, though to be fair, the latter had a story in Ninja Gaiden, the sister series for DOA.). For the record, one of my pet peeves is when they introduce a character and yet don't even bother with creating a new story mode. I mean, for goodness sakes, Hyrule Warriors has zero problem creating story DLC, and that was made at least in part by Team Ninja. They shouldn't have any problem adding in new stories for Momiji, Rachel, Marie Rose, Nyotengu, Raidou, and Honoka. In fact, of the new girls (and guys, technically, regarding Raidou), the only one of them who even HAS any in-game story at all was Phase 4 due to her kicking Bayman's butt in the prologue.
A story dlc with the characters is kinda useless especially if there’s corefighters where they can’t access the story mode anyway. And they kinda do have a story (sort of) if you look on TN’s website. Anyway X3 sucks except graphics wise and I don’t need to explain why anymore.

otnesse

A story dlc with the characters is kinda useless especially if there’s corefighters where they can’t access the story mode anyway. And they kinda do have a story (sort of) if you look on TN’s website. Anyway X3 sucks except graphics wise and I don’t need to explain why anymore.

I guess you've got a point there, but even still, not everyone simply reads bios on the website, so they really should have tried to at least do SOMETHING regarding the characters to have them being directly involved in the story.

And yeah, it stinks. And even his rationale for the poll, to make relationships more "meaningful", doesn't even work considering that he left out the whole be friendly gravures or character interaction cutscenes aspects that past games had that have characters talking to or interacting with each other (meaning none of the characters actually interact with each other beyond competition in various games, meaning that if anything the interactions are even LESS meaningful), and besides which, they could include a LOT of different character interactions that actually EXPAND on the characterizations of various characters and giving new insights (like, for example, Xtreme 2 revealed that Christie's terrified of bugs, and that Lisa's a bit bad at giving appropriate gifts), and that could all work WITHOUT booting out six girls. Heck, for those who don't like interactions or any gravure stuff, a fifteen character roster would allow for volleyball tournaments, which would allow people to win big as well. There was a WHOLE lot they could have done with Xtreme 3, and they could have included a whole lot of family friendly activities, yet they didn't. The only real new activity was rock climbing. And don't get me started on Owner Mode, which simply did not fit at all Itagaki's view of the series which was meant to be a way to appreciate the girls beauty and see them be happy, cut loose, and enjoy themselves in a vacation, not voyeurism.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I guess you've got a point there, but even still, not everyone simply reads bios on the website, so they really should have tried to at least do SOMETHING regarding the characters to have them being directly involved in the story.

And yeah, it stinks. And even his rationale for the poll, to make relationships more "meaningful", doesn't even work considering that he left out the whole be friendly gravures or character interaction cutscenes aspects that past games had that have characters talking to or interacting with each other (meaning none of the characters actually interact with each other beyond competition in various games, meaning that if anything the interactions are even LESS meaningful), and besides which, they could include a LOT of different character interactions that actually EXPAND on the characterizations of various characters and giving new insights (like, for example, Xtreme 2 revealed that Christie's terrified of bugs, and that Lisa's a bit bad at giving appropriate gifts), and that could all work WITHOUT booting out six girls. Heck, for those who don't like interactions or any gravure stuff, a fifteen character roster would allow for volleyball tournaments, which would allow people to win big as well. There was a WHOLE lot they could have done with Xtreme 3, and they could have included a whole lot of family friendly activities, yet they didn't. The only real new activity was rock climbing. And don't get me started on Owner Mode, which simply did not fit at all Itagaki's view of the series which was meant to be a way to appreciate the girls beauty and see them be happy, cut loose, and enjoy themselves in a vacation, not voyeurism.
tenor.gif

Everything you said were facts. Like they had the opportunity to make this game amazing yet they made game only appealing to perverts. Like really ? owner mode ? I mean great for those perverts but what about the doa fans who like the DOAX series for fun ?

otnesse

tenor.gif

Everything you said were facts. Like they had the opportunity to make this game amazing yet they made game only appealing to perverts. Like really ? owner mode ? I mean great for those perverts but what about the doa fans who like the DOAX series for fun ?
Yeah, no kidding. I mean, seriously, the girls changing right in front of you? Even if they did ask you to close your eyes while they change, it still doesn't work too well at all, and makes them look pretty bad overall. Does the term "closet" or "changing room" or even "tie on a doorknob" mean absolutely nothing to them? They're literally asking for being peeked on if they do it in front of you. I'm also a bit irritated with the way pole-dance scenes in DOAX3 were handled. Personally, I thought adding them in for DOAX2 was a mistake, especially considering that it contradicted how Itagaki didn't want any activities that painted the girls in a bad light, but at least with DOAX2 and DOAP, there were comments made by girls like Kasumi that indicated they were very uncomfortable doing the dance, which would fit in with their personalities. In DOAX3, however, the girls promptly do the pole dance with no reservations whatsoever, with several of the girls absolutely NOT being the type to do a pole dance (in fact, of the girls in DOAX3, only Nyotengu comes across as being the type to engage in such an activity, and even there, considering she's a tengu and not a human and is clearly unfamiliar with human customs, it's unclear as to whether she's even AWARE of what pole dancing actually entails.). They could have made it fun instead of softcore stuff, or at the very least try to flesh out the characters (probably the only ones who get any fleshing out is Nyotengu and to a certain extent Honoka, and that's only because the former's Ariel-like fascination with humans was first introduced in that game, and the latter has her actually mentioning her grandma in-game and giving a slight amount of focus there. We don't get much fleshing out of the characters in any way, none that we haven't already seen in Dead or Alive 5 Last Round/Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate anyways, and if anything, Ayane outright regressed as a character due to her coming across as hating Kasumi again despite their having already buried that hatchet.). And quite frankly, I find it hard to buy that a lot of the girls would simply whine if you photograph them in a way they don't like or peek while changing (these were girls who participated in a very violent tournament. Their first instinct would be less whine and more rip your head off. In fact, the closest any of them get to even harming you is Hitomi when she threatened to give the owner a knuckle sandwich. I mean, I could sort-of see Honoka whining a bit due to her being the most innocent of the bunch, but even she, due to being a very eager fighter, wouldn't exactly rely solely on whining).

UpSideDownGRUNT

tenor.gif

If DOAX3 disappoints you for that you obviously haven't seen Venus Vacation lmao.

ALL gameplay is removed entirely, the volleyball isn't playable its just something you spectate plus being able to grope girls, see them nude in showers/special events episode in which they directly interact with the player etc.

DOAX3 is super tame in comparison. Also, everyone forgets but X3 was on the Vita too the Vita definitely couldn't handle all the crap from X2 with its graphics and the PS4 version was made to be identical to the Vita version sooooo...

Venus Vacation is basically proof because outside of gameplay being cut it has everything else.

otnesse

If DOAX3 disappoints you for that you obviously haven't seen Venus Vacation lmao.

ALL gameplay is removed entirely, the volleyball isn't playable its just something you spectate plus being able to grope girls, see them nude in showers/special events episode in which they directly interact with the player etc.

DOAX3 is super tame in comparison. Also, everyone forgets but X3 was on the Vita too the Vita definitely couldn't handle all the crap from X2 with its graphics and the PS4 version was made to be identical to the Vita version sooooo...

Venus Vacation is basically proof because outside of gameplay being cut it has everything else.

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure why they even bothered with a PSVita version anyway. And personally, I'm pretty sure the Vita could handle 15 girls. Heck, they added in Rio for the PSP version of DOAX2, DOA Paradise, allowing for 10 girls, and she was an unlockable. Even gave her a separate catalogue. In fact, other than a few transparency effects that needed to be altered if not cut altogether, they actually kept a lot of the stuff from Xtreme 2. I'm pretty sure the Vita, which was a LOT more powerful than the PSP, could handle 15 girls and the gameplay.

And quite frankly, I'm surprised that Venus Vacation even INCLUDED explicit nudity at all, despite predicting that a future Xtreme game would eventually include it. Wasn't nudity supposed to be a very big taboo in Japanese games, especially explicit nudity? Though even Xtreme 3 included groping to a certain extent (in the Vita version, you can move the breasts via touch screen. And don't get me started on the VR component, where the most infamous aspect to it was the demo where Kasumi's begging you to stop touching her which raised a lot of negative press).

Last edited:

Jackie Chan Fan

Similar with Super Smash Bros for Wii U and 3DS. Due to 3DS' hardware limitation, Ice Climbers was removed from the game. Could be the same with Vita but it's more powerful than 3DS though.

I was checking out DMM's site a few days ago and was suprised that there's an R18 section and DOAXVV is there. Whoa! I was kinda worried that it might have nudity as it would ruin the series' rising reputation as a fighting game. Because of nude shower and nude massage?

By the way, here's another interview. Hayashi-san and Sakuda-san discussed about the DOAX series and Soft Engine to someone who supposed doesn't know about the series.

http://news.denfaminicogamer.jp/interview/171102

It shows some new screenshots of Misaki as well, in the hotel. Some we haven't seen before. And the hotel room looks beautiful.

GkXSwi1.jpg

vRR9Dj3.jpg

1uLTa6d.jpg

UpSideDownGRUNT

Quite frankly, I'm not even sure why they even bothered with a PSVita version anyway. And personally, I'm pretty sure the Vita could handle 15 girls. Heck, they added in Rio for the PSP version of DOAX2, DOA Paradise, allowing for 10 girls, and she was an unlockable. Even gave her a separate catalogue. In fact, other than a few transparency effects that needed to be altered if not cut altogether, they actually kept a lot of the stuff from Xtreme 2. I'm pretty sure the Vita, which was a LOT more powerful than the PSP, could handle 15 girls and the gameplay.

And quite frankly, I'm surprised that Venus Vacation even INCLUDED explicit nudity at all, despite predicting that a future Xtreme game would eventually include it. Wasn't nudity supposed to be a very big taboo in Japanese games, especially explicit nudity? Though even Xtreme 3 included groping to a certain extent (in the Vita version, you can move the breasts via touch screen. And don't get me started on the VR component, where the most infamous aspect to it was the demo where Kasumi's begging you to stop touching her which raised a lot of negative press).
That was with the old artstyle though, X3 has way bigger models with more polygon count. If it was the same models and style from X2/Paradise you'd have a point but it isn't.

Also the Vita version was Smart, actually. I can guarantee you the Vita version outsold PS4 by a landslide in Japan is probably one of the main reasons it sold quite well to begin with. Vita is more popular than most AAA consoles.

Onryoki

Standard Donor

Don’t get me started on VenusVacation XD Hayashi really is ruining DOA in my opinion, People can say about Itagaki what they want but when he was in charge of the DOAX series it was sexy but cute but with hayashi it’s one large pervert/thot fest. Just for sales like could you not Hayashi ?

UpSideDownGRUNT

Don’t get me started on VenusVacation XD Hayashi really is ruining DOA in my opinion, People can say about Itagaki what they want but when he was in charge of the DOAX series it was sexy but cute but with hayashi it’s one large pervert/thot fest. Just for sales like could you not Hayashi ?
It works though, DOA as a waifu simulator has exceptional appeal and especially with fap material which has always been affiliated with Xtreme since 2 anyways remember all the lewd bikinis in X3 are from 2. Also the fact that there was a DOA5 nude mode specifically to emulate Xtreme's sexy side on PC.

I mean, who wouldn't want a girlfriend experience with their favourite DOA girl? Many would.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
It works though, DOA as a waifu simulator has exceptional appeal and especially with fap material which has always been affiliated with Xtreme since 2 anyways remember all the lewd bikinis in X3 are from 2. Also the fact that there was a DOA5 nude mode specifically to emulate Xtreme's sexy side on PC.

I mean, who wouldn't want a girlfriend experience with their favourite DOA girl? Many would.
As much as I love Kasumi I say no to stuff like that. That kind of foreplay is too much.

otnesse

Xtreme 2 had a line, though. At least they didn't go with extremely risqué outfits you'd expect to find in a Penthouse or Playboy magazine like, say, the ribbon stuff or mummy stuff, which unfortunately Xtreme 3 had gone with (and those costumes were actually taken from DOA5U, incidentally).

Also, Xtreme 2 didn't have many of the lewd gameplay elements that Xtreme 3 had. At most, it had that pole dance thing (which even that required winning slots multiple times regarding a certain machine, not to mention, dialogue from the girls indicated that some, such as Kasumi, weren't too comfortable doing it. I don't think there was any dialogue for most of the girls in Xtreme 3 AFAIK regarding pole dancing, and I definitely know that the girls that were in it, with the possible exception of Nyotengu, would not be the types to do that kind of activity).

And if your referring to the DOAHDM/Beach Paradise mod, that tried to avoid going into extremely risqué areas (for example, no masturbations, no sex, none of that).

And regarding PS Vita, remind me again why he didn't even bother releasing DOA5LR, or any of the DOA5 games onto Vita again? After all, if it's extremely popular in Japan, he shouldn't have ANY problem releasing it on the Vita. And besides, why the heck would he try to keep it Asian exclusive in the first place? The DOA5 games had about as many lewd costumes in there, arguably even lewder than Xtreme 2 or Paradise, yet those games didn't get banned outside Japan by the SJWs.

And quite frankly, I always felt uncomfortable with girls changing right in front of me (unless they're my wife when I have one where it wouldn't matter in any way since God made it clear such things are to be strictly confined within marriage). I was taught such things are completely immodest, and I'd feel uncomfortable even if they had me close my eyes beforehand. I mean, we guys don't change in front of girls, eyes open or closed, and if anything if we did that, we'd be slapped with a sex offender charge, so why is it that girls doing that is A-Okay? And quite frankly, Itagaki knew there were lines that shouldn't be crossed when doing the Xtreme series. For example, he utterly refused to have the girls participate in Wet T-Shirt Contests or Trampoline games precisely because they were so crass that it painted the girls in a very negative light. Hayashi right now is if anything utterly tarnishing Itagaki's vision for the Xtreme games.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Fortune/Venus, Pistachio and Salmon Roe are waaay more risque than a mummy or ribbon... They show way more skin and are way skimpier, so I don't see how they don't cross the line but a ribbon does.

Neither of that changes the fact that DOAX was considered a softcore porn game post DOAX2. DOAX3 was even advertised as such in the trailers because of its infamy(?) As an ecchi game.

As for pole dancing, its still difficult if not more so the tickets are expensive, take a while to grind and they fail more than they succeed. I personally wouldn't want to go through all of that just to hear the girl complain, in character or not.

I'm not trying to argue that you're wrong but, DOAX has had a stigma for years "Itagaki's vision" or not. It sells and Koei Tecmo is a business, if it sells more that's the direction future games will go.

Basically, if you have problems with this, drop the series cuz it ain't gonna change any time soon. Hatashi didn't even want to do a DOAX3 so this is definitely higher up interference also proof of this is how VV is F2P and plagued with microtransactions and gatcha.

otnesse

Fortune/Venus, Pistachio and Salmon Roe are waaay more risque than a mummy or ribbon... They show way more skin and are way skimpier, so I don't see how they don't cross the line but a ribbon does.

Neither of that changes the fact that DOAX was considered a softcore porn game post DOAX2. DOAX3 was even advertised as such in the trailers because of its infamy(?) As an ecchi game.

As for pole dancing, its still difficult if not more so the tickets are expensive, take a while to grind and they fail more than they succeed. I personally wouldn't want to go through all of that just to hear the girl complain, in character or not.

I'm not trying to argue that you're wrong but, DOAX has had a stigma for years "Itagaki's vision" or not. It sells and Koei Tecmo is a business, if it sells more that's the direction future games will go.

Basically, if you have problems with this, drop the series cuz it ain't gonna change any time soon. Hatashi didn't even want to do a DOAX3 so this is definitely higher up interference also proof of this is how VV is F2P and plagued with microtransactions and gatcha.

At least Fortune/Venus and Salmon Roe (or its Xtreme 2 equivalents, anyway), skimpy as they may be, actually WERE swimwear, which can be seen on the beach or in a swimming area. The ribbons/mummy stuff are more the kinds of stuff you'd actually EXPECT to see in a porno mag, and in fact, I HAVE seen it a few times there, and are certainly not the kinds of stuff you'd see anywhere in public, not even the beach or pool, unless someone REALLY wants to get arrested for indecent exposure. Also, Pistachio is not from Xtreme 2 or Paradise, that was introduced in Xtreme 3. And honestly, I fail to see how Fortune/Venus and Salmon Roe (or whatever they're called in Xtreme 2) are more risqué than, say, Eel, which was literally based on Japanese bondage sexual elements, aka, Shibari. I'm pretty sure even the skimpiest of swimwear would still come across as tame compared to swimwear that's literally based on the Japanese equivalent of BDSM.

And really, Xtreme 2 didn't come across as softcore porn, especially when they didn't have any nudity at all (and based on what Itagaki said, that was by design), nor do you even walk in on the girls while changing or anything. You want an actual example of softcore porn? Try Love Hina, the anime at least, if not the manga. THAT'S softcore, and that definitely features female nudity even if it's closer to Barbie doll style rather than explicit nudity.

And if Hayashi didn't even want to do a DOAX3, he shouldn't have done it in the first place, certainly not trademark it well before its formal announcement.

otnesse

The Pistachio was absolutely in X2. It was in Tina's collection, under the names Meglez, Alione, and... something else.

Oh, it was? Huh. I stand corrected then. Wasn't mentioned on DOA Wiki. Well either way, it still is nothing like those gift ribbons (or the mummy attire which is pretty much the same thing), or especially not the Eel shibari stuff (which is the Japanese equivalent of BDSM). Pistachio was tame compared to those outfits, which actually ARE naughty outfits, stuff you're more likely to find in some porno than on the beach.

Jadeinchains

My avatar is my face when the games are named after Lisa's swimsuits and she isn't in any of them.

And the game finally comes out in just a few days now so that will be interesting ( To me anyway ) Not to mention that once the game comes out maybe they'll start thinking about bringing things over to doax3, I won't get my hopes to high though. Also I'm guessing doaxvv will get dlc and possibly dlc characters from what they've said so I'm interested to see that and I'm just interested to see what the swimsuits look like and everything.

PS: I do wish she could actually play the game over here though, Even if it was in Japanese I'd deal with it and just look up a translation somewhere online but I wish it wasn't region locked or whatever, Is there really no way to play it here?

Jackie Chan Fan

^^ Some browser cookie hacks or VPN could help us play it. I hope.

Just a thought. If Hayashi does not want to betray the poll results, what about betraying loyal DOA fans? hahaha

In the DOAXVV page in the DMM Game Player, it says there are in-game purchases, as expected in F2P games. I hope it's also earnable or grindable though.

=====

This week's update, the pre-registration campaign end on the 8th at 10:00am. Japan time perhaps.

Still no mention of release date.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD