Official Dead or Alive Xtreme Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Considering I'm pretty sure that's the kind of site where any comment disagreeing with them would be down voted to oblivion, if not outright deleted, I wouldn't exactly say it's an accurate representation of how people are reacting.
Yeah, like I'm not upset then it's definitely not a big deal tbh xD

otnesse

Considering I'm pretty sure that's the kind of site where any comment disagreeing with them would be down voted to oblivion, if not outright deleted, I wouldn't exactly say it's an accurate representation of how people are reacting.

Don't be so sure. That description also matches up with Gematsu from what I heard. Besides, I've seen a comment or two that disagreed with them, and they actually responded cordially, not deleting it or anything like that.

MeadowSpirit

A lot of youtuber's and press want views, and what brings in views more than anything for them? Talking about boobs. The complete dumb fuck interviewing them from IGN couldn't wait to talk about it. Sounded pretty clear to me in that IGN interview that Team NINJA wasn't going to take it out completely... but to make it look right for the game.
I agree with you. Team Ninja knows that the hot girls in DOA are a huge draw, and I'd bet money that we'll see bikinis, gravures, at some point in the future. But think about it; they've just announced their new fighting game that they're proud of. Do they really want the argument about sexualization/objectification of female characters to drown out the hype for this game just days after the reveal? We all know there's an army of self-righteous, fat-ass losers on social media and pseudo-journalists at Polygon and other garbage sites just waiting to trash DOA6 as soon as the first skimpy outfit is revealed for the game. I don't blame them one bit for trying to control the narrative.

UpSideDownGRUNT

Team Ninja aren't catering to "SJWs" (that don't really exist btw that's just a term GGers used)... Shimbori said "breasts don't jiggle as much" by this he means they're not gonna add the DOA, LR or OMG options and likely take out the sixaxis shake feature(which the ONLY game to have this was DOA5 BTW).

They're not making girls ugly by giving them more conservative costumes(which still aren't even that conservative) and they've arguably actually made the girls MORE attractive judging them because the game has a dirt/bruising feature is way too unfair.

Which brings me to my next point, as of right now DOA6 is the same level of sexualization as DOA3 and DOA4... outside of like Tina's unlockable cowgirl costume DOA3 had zero sexy costumes and wasn't sexualized at all and DOA4 was pretty much in the same boat. They had implied nudity in endings but that's it lol

just_me

Standard Donor
Shimbori said "breasts don't jiggle as much" by this he means they're not gonna add the DOA, LR or OMG options and likely take out the sixaxis shake feature(which the ONLY game to have this was DOA5 BTW).

As far as I'm aware no one at TN said anything about jiggle physics. The statement from the IGN article was just an observation of the author and in the Famitsu article, Shimbori was asked specifically if they used the Soft Engine to render skin, which he denied. Physics weren't explicitly brought up… One can interpret the statements in various ways, but no one actually made a definitive statement in either direction till now.

UpSideDownGRUNT

As far as I'm aware no one at TN said anything about jiggle physics. The statement from the IGN article was just an observation of the author and in the Famitsu article, Shimbori was asked specifically if they used the Soft Engine to render skin, which he denied. Physics weren't explicitly brought up… One can interpret the statements in various ways, but no one actually made a definitive statement in either direction till now.
Then why are people throwing a fit!?

Cabecote

X3 is like 99.9% at this point not going to have an Ultimate edition at this point but maybe now with DOA6 coming out we could see a X4 somewhere in the future?
Yup, what a waste and honestly disrespectful to the ones that supported them.
For X4, last time it was 6 years between the release of Paradise and X3, a good projection would be to expect some news around 2022!

otnesse

They did get rid of the Soft Engine, though, and implied the main inspiration for that was how they changed Captain Marvel as Shimbori explicitly stated. And quite frankly, the guy who made the statement made it fairly clear they were trying to tone down the fanservice. I may not care for it myself, but it is still a trademark of DOA, and thus shouldn't be toned down (and besides, toning down jiggle physics doesn't really come across as realistic, as intense movement from females DOES have noticeable jiggles when you get down to real life).

But whatever, as long as DOA6 doesn't have Kasumi all of a sudden singing praises for, say, Che Guevara or making anti-American statements, or turning Tina into a psychopath (which is basically what the likes of Hideo Kojima did with Metal Gear), it probably will be nothing too bad in the end.

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
They did get rid of the Soft Engine, though, and implied the main inspiration for that was how they changed Captain Marvel as Shimbori explicitly stated.

Where is this from? (primary source) This wasn't in the IGN hands-on or the Famitsu interview.

otnesse

The Famitsu article does not mention Captain Marvel at all…

Not directly, but he does specifically mention that he based the removal of the Soft Engine on how American Comics are redesigning their females. Specifically:

“The reference we used for the imagery [in Dead or Alive 6] comes from American comics and films. In the old days I loved American comics.

“In the old days the female characters in American comics emphasized and highlighted the sexy lines of their body.

“Nowadays, there’s a change in the works to present [the female characters] with a sharp and cool design.

“In this way, I thought about [Dead or Alive 6] and the character appearances, and how to depict them with variety.”

And it's pretty obvious that the changes in the American Comic Book industry he's referring to is the redesigns they gave to characters like Captain Marvel that toned down their feminine beauty to make them look more androgynous to appeal to certain SJWs, which led to comic book sales tanking.

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I’m more interested in the soft face engine they are using, the deformation is great, and the power attack removes masks! I will be sure to never let someone remove my La Mariposa mask or else they’re asking for no mercy!! >:0

Jadeinchains

Yup, what a waste and honestly disrespectful to the ones that supported them.
For X4, last time it was 6 years between the release of Paradise and X3, a good projection would be to expect some news around 2022!
?? What's a waste? The fact that it won't have an ultimate edition?

Jadeinchains

Oh that was interesting and so yeah they won't be in, that makes Lisa's chances bigger too! But yeah that's interesting so they will stay in the xtreme games cause they aren't fighters.

otnesse

Oh that was interesting and so yeah they won't be in, that makes Lisa's chances bigger too! But yeah that's interesting so they will stay in the xtreme games cause they aren't fighters.

You know, it's a bit of a shame they aren't included, because Luna at least could actually fight based on her knowing Karate language and possibly Bushido.

Besides, didn't Lisa technically debut in the Xtreme series?

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
You know, it's a bit of a shame they aren't included, because Luna at least could actually fight based on her knowing Karate language and possibly Bushido.

Besides, didn't Lisa technically debut in the Xtreme series?
She did! Back in 03'. Been giving people mix up headaches ever since.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD