Official DOA6 Costume Thread

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Let's use a dedicated thread as a reference for costumes announced for DOA6, and also as a discussion of costumes and favorite outfits. So far we have base game costumes, 'Digital Deluxe' costumes, and specific pre-order DLC. Team NINJA has shown outfits in reveal trailers and has shared concept art for some of the extra special ones via social media.

:ayane:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:bass:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:bayman:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:christie:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:hayate:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:helena:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Classic 2 C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Deluxe
:hitomi:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:honoka:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:jannlee:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:kasumi:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe | Preorder
:kokoro:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:lisa:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:leifang:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:marierose:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:mila:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:nyotengu:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:phase4:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:rig:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:hayabusa:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe | XBOX Preorder
:tina:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe
:zack:Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe

DIEGO Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe

NiCO Default C2 C3 | Classic C2 C3 | Extra C2 C3 | Extra 2 C2 C3 | Deluxe

Last edited:

just_me

Standard Donor
Helena also had her DoA5 default in the DOAFES build
helena_DOAFES.png

Think Marie had the most in-game outfits shown so far:
  • DoA5 default
  • Leotard
  • Schoolgirl outfit
  • Sweater
  • concept art of Deluxe costume
I think every female has at least 2 costumes revealed and/or teased… most guys still sit at 1 though lol But maybe some male chars had their 2nd costume at DOAFES and we just haven't seen any footage of them.

jellypvdding

a thread on the outfits! niiice. not much to say rn but i just hope the world doesn't make a big deal out of the costume dlc again. and i've got the receipts on the way that dlc was promoted in 5, koei tecmo went ham in that department but piggies were acting like their copy of the game stopped working if they didn't buy it. smh.

also the more i see that costume christie's wearing in william's post the more i think it would look better on marie rose. ;) christie should assassinate her stylist for this one, the turtle neck one is aweseme tho.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Thanks for the help. I've updated with the pictures. One thing I noticed from the DOA Central Videos is that all characters will have 2 recolors of their outfit, and 2 recolors of their classic outfit; and even extras.

That's going to add up the costume count.

Atahotaku

So far Tina has the best default and Honoka the best deluxe. In my opinion, of course. For returning costumes my favourites are Hitomi's default from 5 and Tina's wrestler from 5. Hoping they give Nyotengu a nice new costume with a new kind of Tengu mask

MegaMegaMike

So far Tina has the best default and Honoka the best deluxe. In my opinion, of course. For returning costumes my favourites are Hitomi's default from 5 and Tina's wrestler from 5. Hoping they give Nyotengu a nice new costume with a new kind of Tengu mask
Nyotengu has a lot of potential for cool costumes. I'm pretty interested in trying her out in 6, so hopefully she'll get something neat.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

Bayman's default gets a recolor. It's looking more and more likely that all characters will receive 2 recolors of their defaults and classic costume at launch. But we can't exactly confirm how many extras/classic/recolor costumes for each character.

@just_me could you possibly add the screenshot of the Marie Rose deluxe concept art?

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

Bayman's default gets a recolor. It's looking more and more likely that all characters will receive 2 recolors of their defaults and classic costume at launch. But we can't exactly confirm how many extras/classic/recolor costumes for each character.

@just_me could you possibly add the screenshot of the Marie Rose deluxe concept art?
Bayman also has a green recolor of this costume. I'm not sure if you posted it yet.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Bayman also has a green recolor of this costume. I'm not sure if you posted it yet.

I have not yet posted recolors into the total costume count yet. But now I see that there are a lot more than I thought. Unfortunately the costume list looks too cluttered from the start.

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Wait, so the recolors aren’t grouped into the actual costume? They have their OWN individual slot? Jfc y’all had one job... can’t wait to take another 58484884 minutes trying to search for a costume as soon as they start to roll out the DLC.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Wait, so the recolors aren’t grouped into the actual costume? They have their OWN individual slot? Jfc y’all had one job... can’t wait to take another 58484884 minutes trying to search for a costume as soon as they start to roll out the DLC.

My guess is that's why they made DOA Central in the first place, because they knew things were going to get cluttered with the design path they chose. But with recolors there are too many variables right now. People think that there is more to DOA Central than meets the eye, and maybe they are just examples right now of what you could do with full colored customization.

I'm not going to jump the gun on anything. I appreciate any recolor that gets put up, but they will not be counted towards the total costume count until the game is released, or until we get more info on customization.

Last edited:

Leifang

As I mentioned on Twitter, I hope we get the option to manually change their colors. Leifang colors are cool, but not pretty.

just_me

Standard Donor
@deathofaninja here's the concept art of Marie's deluxe costume
DOA6_4.jpg

Also, I think it would probably be easier to index the costumes by character instead of source.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
@deathofaninja here's the concept art of Marie's deluxe costume
DOA6_4.jpg

Also, I think it would probably be easier to index the costumes by character instead of source.

Yes, I've already thought that through, but it's easier to do it this way until the game comes out when I can take individual snapshots of each costume in DOA central. If you have anymore ideas about structuring the thread just send me a PM.

Thanks you.

Ninoasker

My guess is that's why they made DOA Central in the first place, because they knew things were going to get cluttered with the design path they chose. But with recolors there are too many variables right now. People think that there is more to DOA Central than meets the eye, and maybe they are just examples right now of what you could do with full colored customization.

I'm not going to jump the gun on anything. I appreciate any recolor that gets put up, but they will not be counted towards the total costume count until the game is released, or until we get more info on customization.
Hmm yeah, maybe that’s one of the reasons DOA Central exists at all. Which now that I think about it, makes sense since this is a reliable way of choosing your favorite costume/accesories/hairstyle for a character and having it saved for whenever you want to pick it quickly. If that’s the case then I kinda don’t mind the clutter. Even though it’s just annoying they keep doing this in a 2019 game instead of putting some order into it (with costumes being a big part of DOA).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD