DOA5U Ok! I'm Ready anytime!! Mila DOA5U Matchups & Strategy discussion thread

mpgeist

Standard Donor
So I was messing around in training and noticed that if the opponent does any stagger escape after 7K (not charged) you can do 6T right afterwards. Is this an effective mix-up or is relying on stagger escapes a bad idea?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Not reliable. 7K puts Mila at +10 on all hits without SE, not to mention if you try a throw you can just straight out be beaten with a strike (which people will do online).

Something-Unique

Ok so i was watching some japanese matches for DOA5UA and i saw a Mila do an interesting setup near the wall. He/she would wall splat you once and get a combo going and bounce you back to the wall. Afterwards, they would do :2::K: and then :2::F+P: (throw). If the opponent tech's, she's +. If they don't tech, she'll get the ground grab for guaranteed damage. After further testing, i made :rig: throw a high jab after he techs and i manage to beat his 10i jab with Mila's :6::P:, BUT.. when i made :kasumi: throw out a high jab she managed to beat her out. If im beating out Rig's 10i jab with a 12 frame mid, how come i can't trade blows with Kasumi's? If you do the math, i should be +3 if im beating out Rig's high jab, so i should be able to trade with Kasumi's jab, but this isn't the case. And then there's instances where i DO beat her 9i high jab. Its so weird :confused:

Its because that particular OS is +2 not +3 6P does more damage than P so it wins during the trade. You would need to be +3 in order to beat out the i9. Mila recovers faster when distance is involved so under those circumstances its possible to beat out the i9 as the distance would have reduced the recovery on the move giving her more frames.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Its because that particular OS is +2 not +3 6P does more damage than P so it wins during the trade. You would need to be +3 in order to beat out the i9. Mila recovers faster when distance is involved so under those circumstances its possible to beat out the i9 as the distance would have reduced the recovery on the move giving her more frames.

but the thing is... i managed to beat her i9 jab a couple of times... and i tested it on Pai and i managed to get it to work a few times but overall it isn't consistent. The same exact setup and all...

Something-Unique

I could be wrong but if its not because of distance in whatever situation shortening her recovery to get more frames during the whiff then it prob has something to with character weight like a lighter lightweight, what kind of tech (back, side, neutral), etc.

For example her other OS's require change in timing per weight class to maximize frames as lightweights fall faster than middleweights and heavyweights fall even faster.

I don't think its the latter in this particular OS. I'm leaning towards distance effecting recovery as it would make the most sense or my next best bet would be open stance vs closed stance as Mila has a lot of that going on with her stuff. Not to mention it made the difference between +2 and +3 on her 1P before it was nerfed to +2 from both. Whatever the case is it isn't random if its happening for u.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Gill Hustle on stream! http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
Mila actually brought A LOAD of hype! Even for none DOA players! People were going nuts! Gill Hustle's Mila was going HAM!
Mila actually got a perfect on a Christie player...
Did a 75% damage combo towards Brad... Very painful. Mila having ridiculous damage output as expected! Wait till ya'll see it! The stream chat and the crowd when BALLISTIC.
(Mila is pretty much the "Takuma/Makoto" of this game... reinforces a lot of game specific fundamentals while having generally high damage output).
Gill Hustle just wrecked everything with Mila! (Having a great Ayane in case MU problem occurs).

Last edited:

Gill Hustle

Gill Hustle on stream! http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky
Mila actually brought A LOAD of hype! Even for none DOA players! People were going nuts! Gill Hustle's Mila was going HAM!
Mila actually got a perfect on a Christie player...
Did a 75% damage combo towards Brad... Very painful. Mila having ridiculous damage output as expected! Wait till ya'll see it! The stream chat and the crowd when BALLISTIC.
(Mila is pretty much the "Takuma/Makoto" of this game... reinforces a lot of game specific fundamentals while having generally high damage output).
Gill Hustle just wrecked everything with Mila! (Having a great Ayane in case MU problem occurs).

Oh wow thanks, I was really hoping to do Mila players proud with her too.

@Mr. Wah texted me to use her (I had already planned on it ;)) But when Turbocars picked Christie I just said fuck it.

Shout Outs to my Mila mentors @Something-Unique and @Incognito I was trying to do them proud.

I'm gonna put her and Ayane on a strict training regimen for Summer Jam.

synce

Gill's Mila is definitely good but that Christie/Brad player didn't seem to know what he was doing... When skill levels are more evenly matched I think the Mila vs Helena match is a better representation of what usually happens and why you rarely see Mila at tourneys. I think her only positive MU's are against the lower tiers

Gill Hustle

I won't deny that TurboCars probably wasn't "equipped" to deal with Mila.

But let it be known I was playing several known Helena mains all week prior. In the match with Ducky, "my fingers began to fail me" (evidenced by bad inputs) By the third round when the when couple of things went against me (most notably K whiffing after 6T) I was just not in the mood hence the switch.

I do believe Mila played patiently can handle Helena, but as I said it wasn't in me so I pulled the Ayane card to dish out my own frustration.

Come Summer Jam expect to see few more Hi Level Mila's come out the woodwork.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Great Mila play at ECT6!

I was fooling around with Mila and was wondering if there is any secret behind her Tomahawk Drive throw. First glance it kinda seems like the worst throw in the world, because I swear to god my opponent recovered long before I did.

Even so why would Team NINJA add such a useless throw? There has got to be something here.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
It's 60 damage now and ground hits. If your opponent likes to block after 6TK throw it out there because your opponent will recover in time to be thrown by it (I go for 214T myself because of better damage output, same throw speed, and a chance for the walled version if you forget about 8PP after 6T near a wall). It really doesn't do anything beyond those.

Edit: You mean her 41236T right? I knew the throw you were talking about but you got the name wrong if that is the case, was confused. Falcon PAWNCH Arrow?

Last edited:

JusTheBest29

It's 60 damage now and ground hits. If your opponent likes to block after 6TK throw it out there because your opponent will recover in time to be thrown by it (I go for 214T myself because of better damage output, same throw speed, and a chance for the walled version if you forget about 8PP after 6T near a wall). It really doesn't do anything beyond those.

Edit: You mean her 41236T right? I knew the throw you were talking about but you got the name wrong if that is the case, was confused. Falcon PAWNCH Arrow?
Yes that is the Falcon Arrow throw. I see why its considered bad, only good thing about it is its Hi-Counter damage that's guaranteed since it isn't a combo throw. And trying to do a ground throw after is risky and impractical. The throw just really bad since there is just nothing she can do after the throw.

Jefffcore

I could be wrong but if its not because of distance in whatever situation shortening her recovery to get more frames during the whiff then it prob has something to with character weight like a lighter lightweight, what kind of tech (back, side, neutral), etc.

For example her other OS's require change in timing per weight class to maximize frames as lightweights fall faster than middleweights and heavyweights fall even faster.

I don't think its the latter in this particular OS. I'm leaning towards distance effecting recovery as it would make the most sense or my next best bet would be open stance vs closed stance as Mila has a lot of that going on with her stuff. Not to mention it made the difference between +2 and +3 on her 1P before it was nerfed to +2 from both. Whatever the case is it isn't random if its happening for u.
It's not an option select.

Something-Unique

^ You were "incorrect" when you made that exact same statement earlier in this thread and your once again "incorrect" making the statement again.

Jefffcore

For it to be an option select, you'd have to get advantage when they tech, and the ground throw if they don't, right? That doesn't work. The animations are completely different. To get advantage you have to get her standing low throw, which wont register as a ground throw. If you get the ground throw and they tech, you're at hellllllla disadvantage.

Unless there's some magical glitch in the game, I'll say it again: it's not an option select. Not that it would be a good option anywhere other than the wall anyway.

Something-Unique

The answer to your first sentence is "Yes" and that's exactly what it does. If your opponent doesn't tech the ground throw is guaranteed and if they do Mila is at +2.

This might sound condescending (cause its the internet and people misunderstand context all the time) but whatever it is ur doing its being done wrong.

As Nereus had pointed out earlier that's the reason the Japanese Mila kept doing it. Because it is indeed an OS. Its also the reason I've do it all the time in actual match application.

This particular OS I copied from that Japanese Mila but as the "ONLY" U.S Mila who runs an entire OS Mila through and through for a very long time now. I assure you wallsplat 2K, 2T is indeed and OS. The wallsplat has to end with 6P from whatever string as the ender though for that particular one.

Also there are better one's after wallsplat that give her a whole lot more +frames to work with and still catch no tech. The only difference is just like some of her other OS's it has to be done manually. The 2K, 2T one is automatic.

Again whatever it is your doing its because your doing it wrong. I've been doing it for a long time now. It is an OS and it works.

KwonJigglypuff

So Mila is our ground expert in DOA, what other options would you create for her in the future if you were to design her ?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD