Online lag?

NightWolf

Why is doa5lr so laggy online? I mean I have good matches too but it has a lot of lag and it makes no senes. I just bought doa5lr like a month or so ago. I also got battlefield 1 not too long ago. I can play matches in battle field with 60 other players with almost no lag. Yet on doa5lr I'm lucky to go an entire match without lag and it's only two players ? What gives?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Why is doa5lr so laggy online? I mean I have good matches too but it has a lot of lag and it makes no senes. I just bought doa5lr like a month or so ago. I also got battlefield 1 not too long ago. I can play matches in battle field with 60 other players with almost no lag. Yet on doa5lr I'm lucky to go an entire match without lag and it's only two players ? What gives?
The netcode

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Do they plan on fixing that anytime?
Likely not, PC is the best for online atm. I myself just kinda stopped playing online....I would if I could but due to losing to lag, having to fight harder because of lag and overall just fearing the lag will hinder my performance and stunt my play, I kinda been off since December. If I get better WiFi then hell yeah I'll play, but for now...I'm just in training mode mostly practicing. All I can do

TheDragonAwakens

Even if PC has the better netcode than consoles, it still can get shitty from time to time frequently, but maybe that's just me due to my location.

Giannola

The netcode
I've said this before but it's relevant again. The "netcode" of this game would dramatically improve instantly if 80% of players online (console version anyway) weren't on a Wi-Fi connection and more people put in a wired Ethernet connection.

Wired and Wi-Fi can be night and day. I've had a friend in my same city where when we play wired the connection is almost like offline, and then once his wire broke and he was on Wi-Fi it was really bad, to the point that I bought him an Ethernet cable just to play again.

Tenro

DOA has bad net code in general. I'm from Asia and I still get 4to 5 bar connection strength in other games like street fighter, MK till European region but not in this game no. in addition to this, I seriously think that bringing this game on the current gen console actually screwed with this game somehow because these problems were significantly less on older consoles .i use ethernet connection all the time.

at the end of the day, I'll still say that don't expect TN to make any change in the net code at this point and ppl should just learn to deal with it(excluding the frame splitting lag obviously) but many just choose to complain instead of actually going in the lab and trying out the lag simulation . you should be prepared for lag if you're playing any FG or any competitive game online.

HHH816

my place only support speed up to 1mb per second for wired connection so i forced to use wifi that can be speed up to 20 mbps.

WAZAAAAA

my place only support speed up to 1mb per second for wired connection so i forced to use wifi that can be speed up to 20 mbps.
Bandwidth doesn't matter much in online games so 100 Mbps is usually the same as having 1 Mbps.
Latency is the one that matters and wired is usually better than wireless at it. So please play wired or at least compare them by running this:

Win+R > ping 1.1.1.1 -n 111

...with both wired and wireless connections. Wired should have lower millisecond values = better for DOA unless you're filling that 1 Mbps with other traffic (which may cause "bufferbloat")

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD