DOA5LR Pai Chan's Changes

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

VAND1TA

Standard Donor
Source: http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/doa5/ultimate/arcade/information/info_20150205.html

Here are the only changes to her so far for Last Round:
- Hold damage was slightly raised.
- Above (I assume the translation means "High") Punch Hold damage increased to 8⇒10
- High Kick Hold damage increased to 5⇒10

Not really much of a change, but hopefully there are more changes for the day one patch. What are your thoughts, guys? @Codemaster92163 @VAND1TA @DestructionBomb @Timasty

Its better then nothing! thats for sure. :D

Codemaster92163

A buff is a buff. Much better than seeing a page worth of nerfs, that's for sure.

I've given up hope that we'll ever see 66H+K restored to its former glory, but at least she's still a completely viable character.

Timasty

Yes! Her getting a buff is awesome.

Would've been nice if she had 1 or 2 new moves/strings to make things more interesting or have moves like her PPP2K being more useful (+6 FA on NH for example or being able to go to Bok after her low kick), but I'm happy with her changes.

synce

Haha going down the list I admit I was also hoping to see 66H+K... although even if she got it back it wouldn't be the same without the FT shenanigans. Ugh she was so nasty in vanilla, and not that rare online either. Now I never see Pai players, but there's plenty of the other Virtuas.

Codemaster92163

Yes! Her getting a buff is awesome.

Would've been nice if she had 1 or 2 new moves/strings to make things more interesting or have moves like her PPP2K being more useful (+6 FA on NH for example or being able to go to Bok after her low kick), but I'm happy with her changes.

I'd be happy even if they just increased the speed of the move. Right now, it's nearly worthless unless your opponent is expecting a free cancel or something. It's so slow, most anyone, new player or not, can block it if they know what it is.

Timasty

Though we shouldn't forget, Pai even got a small nerf of not being able to delay after her Bok P that long anymore, which is imo a greater loss than her dmg buffs depending on how long you're then able to delay. Hope her Bok P 9P+K parry is still useful in LR..

I'd be happy even if they just increased the speed of the move. Right now, it's nearly worthless unless your opponent is expecting a free cancel or something. It's so slow, most anyone, new player or not, can block it if they know what it is.
Agreed. It'd even help her with some mix ups while jugglin' for a juicy FT situation if her (for ex). 6KP2K was faster. Atm using 6KP2K isn't really worth it compared to the FTs she can get.

Codemaster92163

Though we shouldn't forget, Pai even got a small nerf of not being able to delay after her Bok P that long anymore, which is imo a greater loss than her dmg buffs depending on how long you're then able to delay. Hope her Bok P 9P+K parry is still useful in LR..

That depends on how long the delay was nerfed. The delay was REALLY long, so unless it's non-existant, I don't think it's a huge deal. I mean, it definitely is a nerf, but preferably you're not in a situation where your CB hits on block (I know it does happen, as it does happen to me).

As long as we still get a few delayable frames, we should be fine. Just enough to be able to hit confirm and them continue the string if we see it was blocked or avoided.

Codemaster92163

The nerf to the delayable frames on her BKT P isn't too devastating. There's still enough frames to work with for a long and proper delay, it just can't be held out for ages.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD