Pai combos

Neomagnuz

Guaranteed:

:214: :H+P: , :6: :6: :H+K:, :4: :K: (launch), :4: :6: :H+K: , :6: :4: :P: , :6: :K: :P: ub kick. 64 / hi counter throw 97 dmg

:214: :H+P: , :6: :6: :H+K:, :2: :P+K: , just frame throw. 64 dmg

:3: :H+K: , :P: small delay, :P: :P: :K: :K: . 50 dmg

hi counter, :214: :H+P: , small dash :P+K: (sit down stun), CB, PB. 118 dmg
( completely unholdable only escable with fastest stagger escape. :), hit up before you go for p+k to avoid f,f, p+k from coming out instead.)

CB, near max or max threshold goto bnb.
:2: (crouch 1st) :3: :P+K: , :P: , :4: :6: :H+K:, :6: :4: :P:, :6: :K: :P: ub :K:

Edit:

33+ throw(crouch throw), 2 p+k, 66 k+h, 4k, p, 4 6 k+h, 6 4 p, 6k p ub k. 76 dmg
(un stagger escapable, can fastest hold inbetween 2 p+k & 66 k+h).

*Guaranteed powerblow combo:

high counter 33+ throw (crouch throw), p+k, CB, PB. 118 dmg.

Back to the lab, working on guaranteed back turned throws/holds.

Pai 2 h+k is + 20 on hit causes critical & gives her hellified options for the stun/bait game.

TRI Mike

OP, your combos aren't working for me. Are you using them in light, medium or heavy weights¿ please be more specific in whether you're using them in normal, counter or hi-counter.

Example, the first combo 46H+K doesn't connect for me after launching. I'm doing it really fast and still no hit.

Codemaster92163

Well, just as a general rule of thumb, :6::6::h::+::K: , :3::P::P::K::K: is a really strong combo ender after decent launches. Also :1::P: is a fantastic launcher. So long as it hits as either a CH or after one stunned hit, you can always get the above combo ender. It's a high launch for only needed a single stun.

StryBlu

OP, your combos aren't working for me. Are you using them in light, medium or heavy weights¿ please be more specific in whether you're using them in normal, counter or hi-counter.

Example, the first combo 46H+K doesn't connect for me after launching. I'm doing it really fast and still no hit.

Yes It appears that 46H+K doesn't connect even with the fastest input. >.< But for some reason it connects against Mila. I tried it against Jan Lee, Ayane, Bass couldn't get it to work.

TRI Mike

I'm having trouble finding any good CB set-ups because I can't seem to get unholdable stuns... what a pain. I need to work more on her.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
I'm having trouble finding any good CB set-ups because I can't seem to get unholdable stuns... what a pain. I need to work more on her.

Hey Mike,
What are these unholdables you speak of? I know she has P+K as an unholdable right? Is there a thread on unholdables? Haven't played DOA in 6 years. tanks

TRI Mike

DOA system allows characters to hold (counterattack) out of stuns unlike in Virtua Fighter. Most of the cast have several "unholdable" stuns in DOA5 which help build an offensive effectively without the fear of the opponent throwing random counterattacks.

I'm having trouble finding attacks with these properties with Pai in DOA5 which makes it difficult for me to land combos.

StryBlu

DOA system allows characters to hold (counterattack) out of stuns unlike in Virtua Fighter. Most of the cast have several "unholdable" stuns in DOA5 which help build an offensive effectively without the fear of the opponent throwing random counterattacks.

I'm having trouble finding attacks with these properties with Pai in DOA5 which makes it difficult for me to land combos.
I guess P+K is Pai's best bet for Unholdable as far as I know. As far as Pai combo's go, does anyone know her strongest combo enders besides PPKK? What I like to do is follow up PPKK with 1H+K for a force tech but is there anything better?

HoodsXx

Don't know any of her strongest combo enders, but I find her bnb combo to be quite effective when gotten the timing down right.

HoodsXx

I heard Pai has multiple parries excluding her Hakkeshou stance. If anyone knows, mind telling me? :D

Codemaster92163

I learned some awesome combo enders with her today. After a fully prepared :3::3::P::+::K: launcher, (at least up to middle weights), you can do :P::h::P::h::P: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

Some general combos. Any stun followed by :4::4::K::K:: > :6::6::K::P: > :P::h::P: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K:

Her Hakkeshou (I think that's right - the stance where she yells "Hai!" and starts to sidestep with the punch parry) Punch can be followed by :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K: as well.

:2::P::+::K: :4: > :P::+::K: > :6::6::h::+::K:: > :4::K: > :P: > :6::6::h::+::K: > :2::P::P::K::K::

I recommend that aside from her juggle enders, most combos should be made up on the spot. She has a lot of fast pokes and jabs, so use them well.

Codemaster92163

Also, as an alternative combo to her :3::3::h::+::P: , you can use :2::P::+::K: > :6::6::K: for a free, uncounterable hit so long as they are not slow-escaping. That can either be followed up with the Punch after the Kick, or, you can do :6::6::P: for a critical burst and get whatever combo you want. Depends on what you think they'll do.

HoodsXx

You mean where she hits their back and puts them into BT status? Nothing really since you don't get any advantage frames from it. Unless you're fighting someone who doesn't know what they're doing then you can do 33P+K but other than that, you can't get anything guaranteed off of it. (If that's the counter you're talking about anyways).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD