Pai combos

Codemaster92163

Lol, I always forget to test out the other speeds. Usually I just set them to fastest and see what works xD I knew about the high punch one (not the kick one) for a while, but I just figured it was SE at all speeds, which was my mistake =P I like the high kick one, but it's very finicky. Occasionally you'll get a higher or lower based on how long it takes you to do it, how fast they SE, etc.

I think the high punch one is perfectly fine, but for the high kick, it seems too hit-and-miss when 4P or 66H+K is always guaranteed.

Codemaster92163

Also, I think I'll take some time either tonight or tomorrow to make a new thread concerning all of the +46 46H+K setups, since there's a lot, and I have a few more here.

Off of her BKT H+K launch at the highest threshold, you can get +46 for Alpha, super -> lightweights and midweights -> heavyweights pretty easily.

For Alpha, 33P+K > P > P > 46H+K

For the lighter cast, 9K > P > 46H+K

For the midweights, 64P > P > 46H+K. This is from Ryu all the way to Gen Fu.

For heavies, you can get more damage by using 3PP6P > PPP7K than you would using the usual P > 46H+K juggle.

Timasty

Dude, that's INSANE!! How the freak did you come up with that 33P+K P P 46H+K +46FA juggle. You're full of surprises o.o

Btw, I like the idea of a new thread concerning all of these +46 FA setups. She really does have a lot. Having a neat "little" list of 'em surely helps memorising the setups. I would really appreciate it!

Codemaster92163

Oh, and if you're facing the right way, you can always finish off +46 juggles on Alpha with 3PP6P 33PK for a slightly higher damage output.

And I just mess around with things. I know the H+K launch has an odd property in that it counts as the highest possible launch she has unless you start off with P. Or, better said, where as a max threshold 33P+K following a P+K SDS (In most circumstances being the highest launch you can get) lets Pai get 3 jabs before she needs to use 46H+K, a max threshold BKT H+K does not. Though, at the same time, you can't get 9K > P > 46H+K from the 33P+K launch, where you can with the H+K launch.

Not sure why, but I think they're still moving higher up on the screen when you jab them, making them instantly start falling back down, where as if you use a slower move, like 9K or 33P+K, you'll hit them at the peak of the launch, giving you more time to juggle. Not really an important thing to know now, since we got the +46 setups already, but just a nice little fact about it. I've had the lightweight version of this since before they nerfed 66H+K, and it worked incredibly well in conjunction with it, but since they nerfed it the day after I discovered it, I didn't even bother posting it. Just spent a few minutes in training to figure it out for the other weight classes xD

I gotta say, Tim. Having someone else actually do work and contribute Pai information has helped to motivate me to find more things as well, so I'm glad you use Pai and actively share what you know about her.

Codemaster92163

Oh, and another thing about her mid punch counter setups.

Again, nothing is guaranteed from it, but there's a few nice things that work in our favor when it comes to the counter.

First off, the opponent has to mash the counter in order to catch her 6_P after it. Now, they can either counter high or low to avoid it. In the first scenario, you can just throw them for a ton of damage, or just use P+K > launch for the same exact juggles. If they counter low, you can actually still use the 6_P , since they won't recover in time to block/counter the P+K, leading to the exact same situation. And, once again, you can use a straight up P+K. You can also use 4P+KP if you expect an early counter, netting you the SDS and a guaranteed CB if it was on HCH. Add onto that the fact that you can follow it up with 66H+K or 33T or whatever, and she's in an amazing position.

Considering the CH version gives her around 100 damage based on weight class, they're really going to want to think carefully about what they counter, and even if they counter, since the lightweights will have to worry about the 24T guaranteed 104 damage, the guaranteed CB from 33T, and the guaranteed CB from a missed counter if you go for 4P+KP.

It's really funny the more I think about it. I used to hate her mid punch counter so much, but for some reason, the ability to jab them after it makes it seems 10x better than before.

Timasty

Not sure if it'll always work, but mostly when I use Pais 66KP launcher, I can get a nice 6_P P PP4PK combo after the 46H+K (excluding Superheavyweight).

Codemaster92163

They need to go back to the old damage properties of 66H+K. You used to be able to do one hit > 66H+K and be in Clvl2 instead of Clvl1 as it currently stands.

Back then (in DOA5) you could get 66H+K > 4K > 46H+K juggles on the super lightweights after her 24T, which would add up to 119 guaranteed points of damage after that throw.

So basically, the small damage buff would let us make better use of 66H+K > 4K against the lightest cast, and even help us sometimes against the rest. And I mean really, think about it. 119 damage for 24T. That's basically an Izuna xD

Timasty

Short list of CBs near wall combo (excluding Cr. Lvl 2 CB or what it's called):

Feather:
:2_::3::P+K: :3::H+K: :P: :6::K::P::K: DMG: 49 / CH 61 / HCH 74
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :3::H+K: :P: :P::P::K::K: DMG: 50 / CH 63 / HCH 76

Superlight - Welter:
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :6::K::P::K: DMG: 43 / CH 54 / HCH 65
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K: DMG: 44 / CH 56 / HCH 67
:2_::3::P+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P::P::K::K: DMG: 44 / CH 57 / HCH 68
:2_::3::P+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K: (open stance & Superlight- / Lightweight only) DMG: 46 / 59 / 70

Med - Heavy:
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :6::K::P::K: DMG: 43 / CH 54 / HCH 65
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K: DMG: 44 / CH 56 / HCH 67
:2_::3::P+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P::P::K::K: DMG: 44 / CH 56 / HCH 68

Superheavy:
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :6::K::P::K: DMG: 39 / CH 49 / HCH 59
:3::H+K: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K: DMG: 41 / CH 53 / HCH 63
:1::P: :P: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K: (open stance only) DMG: 43 / CH 55 / HCH 66
:2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :P: :P::P::K::K: (closed stance only) DMG: 44 / CH 56 / HCH 67

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

Guaranteed ways to get a few more double bounds, plus a few general combos which I haven't shared yet.

First off, double bounds (or bounce, whatever). I'll post this (along with your guys' comments) to the double bound section later. This is all off of her 33T on HCH, so it follows the CB. Also, there are no consistent ways to get this to work on welterweights nor super heavyweights, so that is why they're not included.

Alpha: 33T > P (whiff) > P+K > 66P > 33P+K > 64P > P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > 9K > P > PPP7K (145 dmg)

Superlight-lightweights: 33T > turn > P+K > 66P > 33P+K > P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK (131 dmg)

Midweights-Heavyweights: 33T > P (whiff) > P+K > 66P > 1P > 6_P > 46H+K > 46H+K > P > P > P > 33PK (124 dmg)

In case you're curious, the whiffed P is used to change her open/closed stance preemptively to ensure the double bound.

Now for the general combos. For 24T against Alpha, there's two options. One does more damage in general settings while the other does more on electrified floors.

24T > 66H+K > 4K > P > P > 46H+K > 3PP6P > 33PK (117 dmg)
24T > 33P+K > 64P > 6_P > P > 46H+K > 46H+K > 9K > P > PPP7K (114 dmg)

So, with that in mind, any correctly guessed throw (on a flat surface, at least) against Alpha will guarantee anywhere from 117 to 145 points of damage (more with walls and a PL).

For the lightweight crew, she'll get between 109 and 131 guaranteed points of damage.

Finally, for the midweights, she'll get between 89 and 124 guaranteed points of damage.

Granted it loses some efficiency when you reach the midweights, but it still makes her low throw the most powerful in the game (if you're on a flat surface) and creates a dangerous mixup when your opponent can't counter one way or another without risking an insane amount of damage, especially if her PL is available.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
By the way, how do you guys time your Ps? I get them fine in training mode, but in real games I'm a bit too slow sometimes. I've mapped a button to Taunt and use that as P and it's been working out better.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
That works less than just timing P for me. I don't know why, but even when I piano P~G P~G, my timing is off.

RoboJoe

Don't piano it. Press G immediately after P to empty the buffer and then you can press P again to get the next P on the first available frame since you won't get PP because you emptied the buffer. The rhythm is kind of like a heartbeat if that helps.

RoboJoe

Hmm, try rolling your face over the buttons. That might work. If it doesn't, I'll just show you in person tomorrow at the tournament if you still care.

Timasty

A sweet combo setup which I recently loved using giving a few good options:

STUN - :P+K: :4::K::2: Bok:P: CB burst bein' able to go to Hakkeshou stance.
STUN - :P+K: :4::K::2: Bok:H+K: A Cr. Lvl 3 launch/bounce giving a nice +46 FA setup using these:

Featherweight: Bok:H+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
Superlightweight - Welterweight: Bok:H+K: :9::K: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:
Medweight - Heavyweight: Bok:H+K: :6::4::P: :P: :4::6::H+K: :9::K: :P: :P: :3::3::P::K:

STUN - :P+K: :4::K::2: Bok:P+K: :6::6::K::P: OR (dash) :P+K: as a pFT. But I'd rather go for the combo using Bok H+K instead.

The good thing about the P+K 4K2 is that the 4K2 is a guaranteed strike; even on SE fastest.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD