PC or Console?

Ninoasker

Since I'm having a hard time choosing whether I'll go for PC or PS4, I kinda want to know if any of you actually have decided which platform you're gonna pick for 6!

I'm debating about if I should pick PC or not because DOA5's treatment in PC really made me go yikes, so I don't really trust them... I'll need some time to pick.

But what about you? Are you going PC or Console for this new DOA generation? And what reasons do you have for your choice? so I can see if your reasons can make me finally decide lmaooo

Giannola

I will get PC as well as ps4. PC has less input delay as well as better connections in general. Ps4 I will need to get because some of my buddies will only have it on ps4 and I would like to play with them.

Lulu

As always... you could wait and see how things play out then bet on the winning horse.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Im going to get the PS4 version for online purposes and I'll eventually get the PC version but most likely if there's a CF version, but even then it'll only be for mods unless I'm able to get a gaming PC or a HDD or something for my current PC that allows it to run at 60fps xD

Raansu

Console for sure. Fighting games on PC tend to drop in players pretty quickly and I don't really expect doa with its small community to be thriving on pc.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Console for sure. Fighting games on PC tend to drop in players pretty quickly and I don't really expect doa with its small community to be thriving on pc.

I think that's starting to change. Personally I prefer playing online for free and the superior visuals. I'm going to buy the PS4 version at launch and I will play it on that for a few months; but then it's PC.

Sadly, the PC version for DOA5 came so late. I spent a lot of money on costumes and not being able to transfer all of that sucked.

Raansu

I think that's starting to change. Personally I prefer playing online for free and the superior visuals. I'm going to buy the PS4 version at launch and I will play it on that for a few months; but then it's PC.

Sadly, the PC version for DOA5 came so late. I spent a lot of money on costumes and not being able to transfer all of that sucked.

Its not though. SFV has like only 1000 players active on steam. Tekken is around 3k. Injustice 2 averages like 300 players. DBFZ around 800 players.

I'm willing to bet those numbers are way higher on console. For most people PC gaming is still too expensive.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I saw 15,000 people playing SCVI last night. By the time you add up all the delicacies of console, you might as well get a gaming PC.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yes, but it's not because PC is struggling to exist in the fighting game market, because it's obviously growing more than it ever has before. Sony has deals with the FGC and has always been the go to for fighting games, but I believe over time that will change because of the visual presentation PC could provide at events in comparison.

Numbers drop hard on almost anything because games are disposable to plenty of gamers out there.

Raansu

Yes, but it's not because PC is struggling to exist in the fighting game market, because it's obviously growing more than it ever has before. Sony has deals with the FGC and has always been the go to for fighting games, but I believe over time that will change because of the visual presentation PC could provide at events in comparison.

Numbers drop hard on almost anything because games are disposable to plenty of gamers out there.

It wont change. I love building pc's, I love pc gaming, but the difference in community sizes in every game I play is night and day. There are only a few exceptions to that rule, and its usually shooters. Most people just don't want to play games on pc and rather play on the couch with a system that doesn't have to take into account 100's different types of hardware. The barrier of entry (especially now with the cost of ram and the increase in gpu costs) is just too high. A decent PC is $800-$1000 if you build it yourself. Add another $300 to have someone else build it, or spends $1200 at the store on something that should only be $700 and is a piece of crap. Then you have the issue of dealing with drivers, troubleshooting and just general windows issues.

Your average gamer is not going to tolerate that. Its why console sales dwarf pc. I mean come on, the ps4 is at 82.2 million consoles sold. Guarantee the majority of players will be on console for doa6, and most of those console players will probably be on ps4. I'm probably not even going to get the xbox version. Then there's the fact that hacking runs rampant on PC. There's a guy in this community that runs a bot on doa5 PC. No thanks to running into that in 6.

Ninoasker

Tbh thinking deep about it, I think the only thing that will make me buy fighting games in PC is if they have crossplay. For SFV as an example, I'm having a blast in PC bc I know the community is not gonna be dead since it has crossplay with PS4, so I've chosen to be a SFV player in PC. However, for the rest of fighters... I think I'll stay with PS4 and maybe I'll pick the games whenever they are in discount but just for modding (and this applies to DOA6 tbh, unless it actually features crossplay AND the PC ver. gets all the DLC the console version gets).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD