DOA5LR PC Specs - No New Stages

So yeah... if you want the Steam version of Last Round you've probably already heard about the specs, and you've probably also heard that the new stages Crimson and Danger Zone as well as the soft engine will be missing from the game. We're going to document this information on the front page because it is certainly important news for anyone interested in this PC port.

There is also a rumor floating around that the game will be delayed on PC again. That's not good... more information will arrive to us from Team NINJA next week.

Thanks to community member @Jyakotu for reporting the following PC Specs:

Minimum:

CPU: Core i7 870 or more
Memory: 2GB or more
Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
Display: The display capable of displaying at 1280 × 720 pixels
Video Card: VRAM1GB more, more DirecX9.0c
Sound board: Sound board that supports more than DirectX 9.0c

Recommended:

CPU: Core i7 2600 or more
Memory: More than 4GB
Hard disk: 10.0GB or more of free space
Display: 1920 × 1080 pixels or more, True Color viewable display
Video Card: VRAM1.5GB more, more DirecX9.0c
Sound board: Sound board that supports more than DirectX 9.0c

Source

Very disappointing. I almost pulled the trigger on this a couple months back. Glad I didn't. Whatever TN is worried about, they need to stop.

It's a weird combination of the PS3 version (no new stages, no Soft Engine) and the PS4 version (particle effects, new hairstyles). Glad I went with PS4, but I would have double dipped just to support the PC version. I even made sure my laptop had an Intel Core i5 processor just so it could run. I mean, I'm sure an i5 can still run it, but the PC version seems really gimped.

Sigh... I am rather disappointed that I wont be able to play the two stages on PC. I don't know why Team Ninja decided this. Hopefully they will be released as free dlc in the future.

I'm very disappointed to see this, I was really hoping to get close to the next gen value of Last Round. Steam is my only source for gaming, and now I'm going to have to wait even longer to enjoy something that I don't think my computer could run very smoothly. Sad faces all around. =(

Eh, I'm still keeping my pre-order simply because it's on PC. Gimped or not, the modding potential is high on this game and hopefully they'll release those next-gen features before or once the multiplayer patch kicks in.

I'll give Koei Tecmo and TN a pass if the reason why it isn't implemented yet is because it's still work-in-progress along with online; however, they should know better and respond to customers as quickly as possible. The Steam forums and DOA's facebook page is infested with refunds and salt at the moment.

This is why I NEVER EVER preorder games. There is no point. NO ONE should pre order games.

The original intent of preordering games is so that customers will be ensured that their copy of the game will be readily available by midnight at the earliest. As for digital preorders, it's a good idea to have them so the game can be downloaded before it's officially playable (i.e. Mario Party 10)

Nowadays, preorders give devs an excuse to sell consumers fewer content in their product unless they preorder or purchase Day 1 DLC. The only DLC model that's respectable nowadays is Nintendo's distribution.

Is there official confirmation of this? Steam discussions are certainly a pile of steaming something anyway. I've been holding out for the PC version, so I'm naturally disappointed, but the hardware req's are no big deal. I believe that i7 they list is around 6 years old and I can only imagine the game is gimped in order to provide 32bit support. Why they would do that is a mystery though. Missing stages is complete horseshit. s/< Are they worried they might be close to the download limit and there won't be room for DLC? >/s

Eh, I'm still keeping my pre-order simply because it's on PC. Gimped or not, the modding potential is high on this game and hopefully they'll release those next-gen features before or once the multiplayer patch kicks in.

I'll give Koei Tecmo and TN a pass if the reason why it isn't implemented yet is because it's still work-in-progress along with online; however, they should know better and respond to customers as quickly as possible. The Steam forums and DOA's facebook page is infested with refunds and salt at the moment.
I see what you are saying here, but "giving devs and publishers a pass" is the EXACT reason we get broken/late/misrepresented/disappointing games. This shit's GOT to stop.

The trend for the last year or so is clear. Battlefield 4, Destiny, Titanfall, DOA5LR on PC, Watchdogs, etc (those are just the ones I can think of now, but there are many more). I am tired of getting hyped for crappy games while publishers try to trick us into giving them money before the game even comes out.

Hayabusa says: ENOUGH!

The trend for the last year or so is clear. Battlefield 4, Destiny, Titanfall, DOA5LR on PC, Watchdogs, etc (those are just the ones I can think of now, but there are many more).

You can't forget Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which had to have had the worst launch in history. The game is still fucked up now, four months and somewhere around 20GB of patch data later.

Last edited:
I see what you are saying here, but "giving devs and publishers a pass" is the EXACT reason we get broken/late/misrepresented/disappointing games. This shit's GOT to stop.
This. No, seriously this.

Anyone buying this crap has no right to complain later, when 6 is a bug infested, half-arsed pile of shite.

Best not support the PC version. There is some shady shit going on. But hey, antialiasing is in! Yey?

The downside is that TN will probably not bother with future ports - and will likely drop support for the PC version soon after launch.

I feel bad for the PC-bound folks.

I feel bad for the PC-bound folks.
There's no such thing as 'PC bound.' Even the cheapest true gaming machine is near double the price of a PS4 or a bone. If you afford the former, you can definitely afford one of the latter.

Just buy a damn console and be done with it. PC gaming is dead, anyway, outside of indie rubbish and kickstarter. Every major AAA game on PC in the last year or so has been a half-arsed, broken mess. Two patches into DA:I and I couldn't even run the game anymore.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD