DOA5U "Perseverance Will Always Prevail" : The Gen Fu DOA5U Thread

KidArk

This is the long awaited Gen Fu DOA 5 U thread i'm finally in a good spot with to start cracking into gen fu i'll try to post as much as I can , but it won't get anywhere if i do it alone. I hope for a lot of support from the other 5 Fu USERS, LEGGO!

I guess i'll Start first, this is the thread I posted in the other thread. Plus a little extra smt smt ;D

ON GUARD: Guaranteed
:4::4::P:, :8::P: (sometimes I can :F+P: catch them after..? Testingg) No wall splat
:8::P: Will catch them if you get them on CH basically don't press it IMMEDIATELY after :4::4::P:
also it will always allow you to catch light weights.
:4::4::P::P:, :4: Launches, I see no follow ups yet, wall splat
:4::4::P: , :P: / :K: guaranteed near wall.
:4::4::P:, :2::K: Knock down, no use yet.

Frame Advantage On Guard
:8::H+P+K: / :2: :H+P+K: :P+K: +1
:3::K::P::P: +7

Frame traps
:P:On GUARD -2
Follow ups
:6::P: 13i
:P: 12i +1 CH
:K: 13i +4 NH + 14CH
:8::H+P+K: / :2: :H+P+K: Any SS option really

:4::P+K: On GUARD -3 / :1::P: On NH -3
Follow ups
:6::P: 14i
:P: 13i +1 CH
:K: 14i +4 NH + 14CH
:8::H+P+K: / :2: :H+P+K: Any SS option really

:1::K: +1 / +2 depends on how far away you hit with it on NH

Safe Moves
:6::6::P:
:8::P::P::P:
:8::P::P:
:4::P:
:P:
:P::P:
:P::P::P:
:3::K::P: :P+K:
:2::P:
And .. the aforementioned:8: frame advantage on block are his only safe moves

Guaranteed off Parry (Advantage is taken from Stagger fastest meaning this is the least + you get)
Use these
:6::K: +24
:4::P::6::P: (2in1 on NH) +17
:8::P::P: (2in1 on NH) +29
Don't use these
:6::P: -5 ...
:9::P: +15 (:6::K: is better)
:8::K: +1.. you can troll with it?
:3::K:+1 forces you to make a mix up that's really unnecessary
Consider These
:K: +0
:6::6::P: +2
I say consider these because the way it hits doesn't even make it look like the opponent is really stunned so they may think you messed up.. which you didn't and if they do try to hit you without stagger escape
:K: +4
:6::6::P:+6

It's doubtful anyone would stagger your stun to the point you ever have as little advantage as I put there but it makes the combos you do make harder to get out of.

Ugh.. MORE Guaranteed Stuff
:8::H+P+K:/:2::H+P+K: towards opponents back , :K: , :6::6::P: , :4::6::P:
:F+P: , :K:
PARRY , :6::K:/:9::K:/:4::6::P:/:P:

I've noticed that string cancelling has become more of a Hit Hit, SS :P+K: as well seeing as it's safe , so my general place has become, Hit Hit, Throw / Hit Hit , Mix up / Hit Hit SS / Hit Hit Hit.

Good Stuns on NH
:8::P: 14i High, +43
:9::P: 12i High +23
:6_::K: 11i High , +34
:K: 11i High, +4
:6::K: 13i Mid K +17
:4::P::6::P: 13i Mid P, +25 stun
:P+K: 16i Mid P , +23
:H+K: 18i Mid K , +29 (Unholdable)
Some Combos
Since Gen Fu's launch height and launch speeds have been changed and his entire play style now revolves around catching the opponent a lot of his BNB has to be reworked. Gen Fu has a lot of other combos with damage but what is more important than damage is combos that lead into the air throw K so we should work primarily to find those.

STUN! ,:2::K: :2::P+K: :F+K: :K:
Works off any stun any where in threshold when you trip them and you want to get a catch you can go for this, only problem is :2::P+K: Counts as a Mid Kick and High

STUN! :2::K: :P+K: :6::P: :F+K: :K:
I do suppose it's nice to have a mix up out of that combo ?

STUN! :2::K: :3::3::P: :3::3::P: :6::6::h: :1::6::P: CLOSE HIT 109 Damage whut .

:3::P::P: :3::3::P: :2::P+K: :F+K: :K:

:3::K::P: :4::P+K: :8::K: :F+K: :K:

:P+K::P: :3::K: :K: :F+K: :K:

STUN! HIT! :6::K: :F+K: :F:
This generally works with every deep stun into any mid / high into any third high / mid ofc the moves have to stun but he can really get a catch off any three hits it ends in high but you can also opt for the :2::K: into :3::3::P: making a really good high low mix up leading into either.

With this info you guys can just guess all the combos Fu has to list all the possible combos even with his limited list would be insane. What I do need to find and post more on or what you guys could help to post is strings that lead into
:H+K:
:3_::P: :F+K:
:3::P: :F+K:

Notable mention on CH :2::K: you can just go straight into :2::P+K: :F+K:
or
:3::3::P: :3::3::P: :6::6::h: :1::6::P:

ON CH
:3::P::P::3::3::P::3::3::P: :6::6::h: :1::6::P: CLOSE HIT 108 can't S/E I do believe.
:3::P: :F+K: :F:
:1::P: :3::K: /:4::P: :2::K: :3::P+K:
:1::P: :6::K: :2::K: :3::3::P: :3::P+K:
:3::P: :3::P: :F+K: :K:Again this 3p 3p thing is common on a lot of characters now

Note :2::K: :3::3::P: Is S/E able i still use it though <_<

Some CB Set Ups
:3::K::P: :2::K: :3::3::P: :3::P+K:
:P+K::P: :2::K: :3::3::P: :3::P+K:
:4::P::6::P: :2::K: :3::3::P: :3::P+K: You can try this after a parry since :4::P::6::P: is guaranteed after

STUN ! HIT :6::K: :3::P+K:

I have like 1 Crit Burst combo I just do something stupid and generic and I net 148 ~ damage on CH I see no need to find anything that does any more than that.

CB Combo

BURST! :4::4::P: :P: :8::P: :6::P::P::P+K:
Pretty Generic Fu stuff

PL Combo
I do have one of these tho :D?
BURST!:4::4::P+K: , :4::4::P: , :8::P: :8::P: :6::P::P::P+K:
or
BURST!:4::4::P+K: :4::4::P: :8::P: :8::P: :6_::K: :F+K:

Last edited:

TRI Mike

What the fuck am I supposed to do after :236::H+P:¿ In vanilla I used to land :8::P::236::K::6::P::P::P+K: on everyone but now the second kick of the juggle whiffes a lot. I'm replacing it with a second :8::P: but I'm sure there's something else there.

Help¿

EDIT: Is anyone else missing :1::6::P: a lot¿

KidArk

What the fuck am I supposed to do after :236::H+P:¿ In vanilla I used to land :8::P::236::K::6::P::P::P+K: on everyone but now the second kick of the juggle whiffes a lot. I'm replacing it with a second :8::P: but I'm sure there's something else there.

Help¿

EDIT: Is anyone else missing :1::6::P: a lot?

I'll change to smiley notations after.
236T 4P+K 8P hld6k T..... I think? Sorry maybe the 6k wont work
236T hld3p hld3p 8p T
Yes I miss 16P a lot but its detrimental to having a good fu in 5u

TRI Mike

Seems dangerous. Besides, Fu has a fantastic damage potential so not taking advantage of it seems rather lame. I think a mix of raw damage and frame trapping is the correct way of playing.

KidArk

Seems dangerous. Besides, Fu has a fantastic damage potential so not taking advantage of it seems rather lame. I think a mix of raw damage and frame trapping is the correct way of playing.

Not stopping you from doing max damage combos but three loops ending in air throw then one max damage combo is generally death to anyone. Rachel has good damage but her loops make her broken. Gen fu has great damage and soo many ways to loop or just get ridiculous damage.

RoboJoe

Now that I'm finished with GTA5, I'll go back to Gen Fu and try to help this. At first glance, I don't see how P and 4P+K are good frame traps. Someone can just jab you out of them. The delay window of PP is too small to bait a jab and the other options are too slow if the opponent tries to jab you. In fact, you'll be putting yourself into a frametrap lol. P -> 8P is better since anyone who tries to jab after P will eat 8PP which leaves you in a good position since you can finish the string in multiple ways or go for 236T if they hold. If you train them to use a high crush after P, then you can hit them with 6P for some good results.

Not stopping you from doing max damage combos but three loops ending in air throw then one max damage combo is generally death to anyone. Rachel has good damage but her loops make her broken. Gen fu has great damage and soo many ways to loop or just get ridiculous damage.

It's better to take the damage early on so you can get a life lead and let them come to you.You can then play more defensively which Gen Fu is great at. This is when I take advantage over damage, because they'll be under pressure and be prone to making more mistakes this way and it becomes even easier to make those mistakes when Gen Fu is at advantage.

TRI Mike

@KidArk There seem to be a few issues with some of your commands both in the first post of this thread and the comment I made the other day in my profile. For example, in your CB set-ups you use a :3::3::P: move just before :3::P+K:, but that move resets the threshold for me and no matter what I do, I can't get it done your way. You're also using a :6::6::h: command I don't understand as that should just cancel a forward dash.

Also, in my profile you mentioned two wrong things as well, first an :8::P+K: move for his super launcher throw, but Fu doesn't have that move at all and second, you mentioned :6::4::P: causing a bound on juggle but it doesn't. Am I not understanding you or do you have another version of the game different from everyone else's¿

EDIT (to avoid double posting):

Some CB set-ups I found:
:4::P+K::3::P::P::3::P+K: Opponent can only hold after the second punch and it's very difficult that they will.
:6::P::P::P::3::P+K: Third punch leaves opponent on sit-down stun.

:2::P+K: launcher is 100% guaranteed after any sit-down stun and :4::P+K: which is extremely nice. :H+K: can also be done if the opponent forgets to slow escape as it grants better height.

The small bound after :4::P::P: and :6::4::P: can only be followed by either :1::6::P: or a VERY fast :2::P+K::4::6::P:. This second option is easier to land on lightweights naturally and is still tricky.

I can't find any follow-ups for the heavy bound after :3::K::P::6::P:, :6::P+K: and :236::P::P:. I just don't know what to do. Tina suffers from this crap as well.

Help¿

Last edited:

RoboJoe

I can't find any follow-ups for the heavy bound after :3::K::P::6::P:, :6::P+K: and :236::P::P:. I just don't know what to do. Tina suffers from this crap as well.

Help¿

You can 214PP, or dash in 64P. Dash in 16P might work but I can't check right now.

KidArk

@TRI Mike uhh 33p after 2k causes a sitdown stun which you may burst after, and 66h is a dash cancel because some people may not realize a dash is required to complete the combo , some people had that issue on Leon's forums with 8ppp after burst, how else should I notate that? 46p is tricky if you dash then do it too fast you'll end up with 236p more times than naught . Sorry for the confusion with my notation.
Also 6ppp 3p+k isn as good of a cb option anymore because they can hold the 3p+k now without having to s/e anymore instead for something guaranteed go, 6ppp 33p 44p+k 46p .. atleast i think that's the combo.. ill check once im home.

Last edited:

TRI Mike

Hmm interesting. I'll try that out. Have you tested 2P+K after any unholdable stun¿ It seems to me like it's 100% guaranteed.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor
Hello all,
I'm working on the last Gen Fu combo challenge that I need to complete. I'm going by fighterslegend's vid @2:19

the combo goes...
:2::3::6::F:
:4::P+K:
:3_::P:
:2::P+K::4::6::P:

My problem is that I can't land the :4::P+K: in the way that legend does in the vid. I buffer the dash after the command throw, but no dice. Consequently, my :4::6::P: wiffs.

I am assuming that it's just a strict timing buffered dash into :4::P+K: to hit Kasumi in the right spot to allow the rest of the combo to hit, but I thought that I would post it up in here just in case someone has some further insight into the combo. If not, we all know..."Perseverance WILL always prevail"

This game is good, I just wish more people played! Thanks gaiz!

RoboJoe

Hello all,
I'm working on the last Gen Fu combo challenge that I need to complete. I'm going by fighterslegend's vid @2:19

the combo goes...
:2::3::6::F:
:4::P+K:
:2::P+K::4::6::P:

My problem is that I can't land the :4::P+K: in the way that legend does in the vid. I buffer the dash after the command throw, but no dice. Consequently, my :4::6::P: wiffs.

I am assuming that it's just a strict timing buffered dash into :4::P+K: to hit Kasumi in the right spot to allow the rest of the combo to hit, but I thought that I would post it up in here just in case someone has some further insight into the combo. If not, we all know..."Perseverance WILL always prevail"

This game is good, I just wish more people played! Thanks gaiz!

Two parts that are tricky for this combo that may be throwing you off. One, :4::P+K: has to hit the opponent right in the ass as they're falling to get maximum height. 2. :3_::P: must be done instantly without crouching. In other words, you have to input both of them as :6::2::3::P: in very quick succession. This should give you just barely enough time to connect the last move.

KidArk

Since team ninja is full of lazy hoes looking for short cuts they applied leifangs patch to every character instead of just her essentially nerfing genfu`s 44p+k bound combos since the opponent now can tech afterwards

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD