DOA5U "Perseverance Will Always Prevail" : The Gen Fu DOA5U Thread

TaijiMonk

Its not the best to do after a sit down. They can block the h+k. Also 4p6p does the most damage but the stun isn't as deep.
Ok, the computer blocks the h+k when you set the stagger escape to fastest. And when you say the stun isn't as deep, you mean it doesn't give you the most frame advantage?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
8PP is the hella deep natural combo lift stun, I believe. Use that. Start more mixups. :v All the mixups. Good character.

TaijiMonk

While on the topic of unholdable stuns, in the official strategy guide, it mentions it recommends following up wih a critical burst, but I don't understand that. The crit brust is not guaranteed, at least not with Gen Fu. Did TN nerf something along the way or something change with doa ultimate?

TaijiMonk

8PP is the hella deep natural combo lift stun, I believe. Use that. Start more mixups. :v All the mixups. Good character.
8pp? The first p would pop them up, but the next p would be a waste wouldn't it?

Yeah, I love Gen Fu. All I do is mix up to try to max out the critical state in order to crit burst and/or pop up. Basically going for max damage. Lately, I've been thinking how to play more safely

TaijiMonk

One thing about Gen Fu is, once you start whittling down what's useful against high level players from his already paltry movelist, you're not left with much lol. That's why I always thought of him as a middle of the pack char until recently

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I mean after a parry.

Sit down stuns were nerfed heavily across the board, so I'm not surprised if that bit is wrong.

Kokoro used to have 8P6P 236P 7P and that got nerfed so hard she may as well have no sitdown stuns anymore. :v

EDIT:

The thing about Gen Fu is that you don't have to critical burst. Like ever. Just go into launch right after you stun someone. Unless you're really confident about it, adding another hit is just another time the other guy can guess right. Your combos end with resets anyways and they already do great damage so all you're doing is making life harder for yourself unless you're gonna kill with that last combo.

TaijiMonk

I mean after a parry.

Sit down stuns were nerfed heavily across the board, so I'm not surprised if that bit is wrong.

Kokoro used to have 8P6P 236P 7P and that got nerfed so hard she may as well have no sitdown stuns anymore. :v
Lol, poor Kokoro. She used to be a beast in DOA4. Yeah, that 8pp after the parry, being a natural combo could bait somebody to counter, then you could launch them with the throw or 4p+k faint stun.

Damn, why does Gen Fu have to be so good lol? Half of me likes playing one of the best chars, but this is literally the first time ever my favorite character is one of the best in a fighting game. I've always unintentionally picked the underdogs

TaijiMonk

Yeah, strikersashi, your right about the crit burst. It almost always gets countered anyway for me against high level players, and its best to just go for guaranteed damage. Just make the combo as short as possible, inflicting enough damage with one move to get one of the unholdable stuns, then thats about it. Punish with his launcher throw when they try to counter, reset, guaranteed k, back to the guessing game.

6k is better after the parry. More damage then 8pp. 6k faint stunt 6k. One guess to threshold.
Thanks for the tip. I'd be tempted to leave off the last 6k in order to pop up for guaranteed damage.

TaijiMonk

I'll add some stuff just to keep the thread going.

This is a guaranteed combo string if you are in close with the opponent, and are in an open stance (ie your left foot is forward and your opponent's right foot is forward):

9k, buffer 66p, buffer 64p, 8p, 6ppp+k - 81 damage (no counter damage included)

If you time the buffered imputs correctly, your opponent will not be able to stagger escape or counter escape it fast enough. I tested this on fastest counter and stagger against computer.

The drawback is that the 9k takes 19 frames to execute and is very unsafe if blocked (-15). Also, it will not work if in a closed stance.

Another back hitting one that works if your opponent doesn't stagger escape is:

9k, 214 pp, 66p, 9p, hold 3p, 8p, 6ppp+k - 107 damage

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I hate 9k. Doesnt guarantee anything unless im in a certain stance. Not worth it. Only thing good is it tracks and is a solid wall splat. I prefer 8k its 14 frames launches and tracks

TaijiMonk

I hate 9k. Doesnt guarantee anything unless im in a certain stance. Not worth it. Only thing good is it tracks and is a solid wall splat. I prefer 8k its 14 frames launches and tracks

Yeah, a few of Gen Fu's moves are hard to find a practical use for. The only useful, er, use for 9k and 214pp I've found is to use, 214pp to catch up to opponent after the 9k, unless they stagger escape fast. Or you can tack on the 214pp after using something like 6p+k to get that one last hit in. 7k, 9k, 214pp, and 6p+k seem to have limited uses

SweetRevenge117

Standard Donor
I like 214pp after my 3p tech up and as a ended to a bound. Its safe too. Its a good move. But 6p+k is just bad lol. And I never use 7k or 9k

TaijiMonk

I like 214pp after my 3p tech up and as a ended to a bound. Its safe too. Its a good move. But 6p+k is just bad lol. And I never use 7k or 9k

Oh, there we go. After the 3p tech up is a good use for 214 pp. I didn't realize it was safe either. It covers a significant amount of distance as well, just slow and could get interrupted if you use it outright. But it does push the opponent back a little when blocked. I'd say that's not necessarily a bad thing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD