Pinpoint Offensive Holds?

Darkton93

I've recently discovered DOA++. In short, I love it. It's like the best of 2 and 1 together.

There is something that bothers me, though. When I fight the computer, they usually throw something called a "Pinpoint Offensive Hold" on me. The animation for these is the ones from DOA2, like Bayman's neck snap.

So how do I pull them off?

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Per my understanding, a pinpoint DH is when you DH exactly at the opponent's attack's active frames and get high-counter damage. I don't think I've pulled off or even seen a pinpoint OH in ++ but I assume that it would be the same case with the timing where you would have to catch your opponent on their active frames.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
pinpoint = hi-counter

The game doesn't tell you if you perform a counter-level status hit/throw/hold, as it will just lump it under a normal-level situation but still give the 125% revision.

Darkton93

Well, I was playing a few days ago, and I pulled off a Critical Defensive Hold, but it looked just like the normal ones. No, the Pinpoint Offensive Holds the computer uses on me tend to be the animations from DOA2 (Bayman's neck break, Bass' slam and drag).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD