Media PL into 8H+K = guaranteed force tech

WAZAAAAA

There's a way to land Jann Lee's 8H+K "twice" during a juggle, which will result in a guaranteed Force Get-up on any roof-less stage and weight.
Just for your info, the damage itself isn't too bad. Hitting 8H+K like that deals the same damage of juggling a Dragon Kick (236K).

It can optionally be used in Tag too like this: launch with another character > Tag Switch to Jann > 8H+K.
Tested on DOA5LR Ver.1.08A PC

Last edited:

Darkslay

I'm sorry, dude. But you'd have to be crazy to sacrifice a PL for this, sacrifice dat damage + wall carry? That's a big no-no.

There are way easier, safer ways of setting up an 8H+K FT.

WAZAAAAA

I'm sorry, dude. But you'd have to be crazy to sacrifice a PL for this, sacrifice dat damage + wall carry? That's a big no-no.

There are way easier, safer ways of setting up an 8H+K FT.
This was for science.

I don't even use PL's at all or Force Techs. I just PB which is way more reliable and consider Force Techs almost useless unless you're Helena or Gen Fu.

Let's say that you initiate a PL but then you change your mind half way because you're afraid to mess up the juggle for a slope then boom im gunna force tech instead cuz im dragon gunnarz monster luolz xd
I've seen that Dragon Guide of yours which included a similar weak but easy no-timing PL combo, whiff 2P > 46P, this is kinda similar except it also force techs m8

Or maybe you have electrified floors check it out 1 guess = up to 220 dmg
https://my.mixtape.moe/vikcns.mp4

Last edited:

Darkslay

This was for science.

I don't even use PL's at all or Force Techs. I just PB which is way more reliable and consider Force Techs almost useless unless you're Helena or Gen Fu.

Let's say that you initiate a PL but then you change your mind half way because you're afraid to mess up the juggle for a slope then boom im gunna force tech instead cuz im dragon gunnarz monster luolz xd
I've seen that Dragon Guide of yours which included a similar weak but easy no-timing PL combo, whiff 2P > 46P, this is kinda similar except it also force techs m8

Or maybe you have electrified floors check it out 1 guess = up to 220 dmg
https://u.pomf.is/jnvmrf.mp4
As a man of science myself, I understand the initial intent of the setup.

FTs can be useful since they're a legitimate way of keeping pressure while mantaining a relatively safe approach, and for a character with shit-ass pressure and mixup like Jann Lee, this is pretty useful. And like I said, there are safe setups to an 8H+K FT, thankfully. I'll throw this in for reference; Say you land a DG > 6H+K4 and after any of the 3 main followups (DS P, 6P, K) > 8PPP > 8H+K, boom. The second hit on the 8PP blows out the stun, as I'm sure you know, so this, technically, guarantees the third hit, which causes a heavy knockdown, if the opponent techs, well, shit, you're still safe, back in neutral, since the opponent can only tech back, if they don't, ayee gimme dem + frames.
And those combos are for style, bruh, ''round enders'' as I like to call them. PBs are ok, but PLs are for gangstas, yo.

That would be good, if it weren't because you can get 60% of that without a guess, lolololol.

WAZAAAAA

Say you land a DG > 6H+K4 and after any of the 3 main followups (DS P, 6P, K) > 8PPP > 8H+K, boom. The second hit on the 8PP blows out the stun, as I'm sure you know, so this, technically, guarantees the third hit, which causes a heavy knockdown, if the opponent techs, well, shit, you're still safe, back in neutral, since the opponent can only tech back, if they don't, ayee gimme dem + frames.
I just tried it and I kinda like it but just for info:
It's not really guaranteed, the opponent still has a 2 frame window to successfully rise in case of no Tech Roll. And when you get dem + frames you're still too far away for a DG

btw it's a "2-in1" so there's no risk involved. Just making sure that you have noticed the fact that the combo counter goes from 1 to 3, it's a glitch, the 8H+K is hitting twice, Recovery was set to ON and it still Force Teched from a juggle. If there was a non-PL way to do this in non-Tag it would be amazing but I haven't found one.

Last edited:

Darkslay

I just tried it and I kinda like it but just for info:
It's not really guaranteed, the opponent still has a 2 frame window to successfully rise in case of no Tech Roll. And when you get dem + frames you're still too far away for a DG

btw it's a "2-in1" so there's no risk involved. Just making sure that you have noticed the fact that the combo counter goes from 1 to 3, it's a glitch, the 8H+K is hitting twice, Recovery was set to ON and it still Force Teched from a juggle. If there was a non-PL way to do this in non-Tag it would be amazing but I haven't found one.
I never said it was guaranteed, the only thing that's, again, technically guaranteed is 8PPP. And 2 frames is a pretty short window, I've had an average of 80% success ratio with this setup, and that's because you're not supposed to use the DG after an FT, ya dingus.

I don't think it's a glitch, the data for 8H+K is 31(4)1(1)30, somewhere in the move's active frames there's apparently a 1 frame window where the move goes back to startup, that's what causes the 2 hits. I've slowed down footage of the move in the past, and it seems the second phase of the move happens when JL's foot hits the ground, I assume that's what causes the FT. There some jumping moves that 8H+K will intercept in the air and spike down to the FT, like in your setup, but they're extremely inconsistent and you have to be frame perfect, so yeah, there's that too, lol.

WAZAAAAA

and that's because you're not supposed to use the DG after an FT, ya dingus.
fuck you I'm a wizard, you can't tell me what to do

I don't think it's a glitch, the data for 8H+K is 31(4)1(1)30, somewhere in the move's active frames there's apparently a 1 frame window where the move goes back to startup, that's what causes the 2 hits.
I know right but it's unexpected thus I'm gonna call it glitch for convenience

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD