DOA4 Playable Alpha

synce

Anyone here try this hack? Is it only possible with RGH? She looks too fun. I'd love to know her framedata or at least the commands for teleport and sidestep

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I wish there was a sound effect package for DOA5U to install her DOA4 sounds. I don't like the speed of what I assume is her 8T though.

Don't know anything about how to do this hack, but I would do it. How on earth would I be able to find the frame data though?

Nightpup

I already know of this, but goddamn I really want to know how to do this! It looks so fun! I'd play DOA4 non-stop if I knew how.
The following video's description apparently contains info on how to apply this hack but I have no clue how to do it, plus it's in japanese.
Notable moments: Alpha-152 has wakeup kicks in DOA4! Look at Stage 2 in the Story Mode video and you'll see her do a mid wakeup kick.
Alpha-152 had a low mix-up in her KKKKK~ string.
Alpha-152's 8K, K, 6K, and 4K were all infinite strings that also reset the stun threshold.
Alpha-152's 2H+K string had a mid mixup.
Alpha-152's 3K put her into floating if it hit.
Alpha-152's 236236T was an OH.
Alpha-152's 8T had a different animation when not against a wall.
Alpha-152 seemed to have a command that let her teleport freely.
Alpha-152 had no shadow.

Last edited:

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
We know where the frame data is stored in the game but it's not as simple to pull out as you'd like. When we were working on our hack, DOA4R, it was easier to search for frame data manually via hex than anything. Our tools were pretty basic.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
If we could've gotten it to work, yeah. Why not, y'know? We stopped working on it though. Not a lot of progress and no real way of distributing the thing for people to play.

I'll look into getting a version of DOA4 with her playable posted here for ya'll but you will most certainly need a JTAG or RGH 360 in order to play it.

Last edited:

Nightpup

I remember reading up that the way he got it working in the "Spartan-152" video was by modifying the save state to make it so the game thought any character picked was Alpha. I think it said something like that or something.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
That's definitely a good starting point. Unfortunately, it appears that the method posted there forces either P1 or P2 to always be Alpha-152. I want to see if I can get that extra character slot back (it's still in the demo version FYI) or if I can overwrite a less popular characters' slot.

Nightpup

Replace Spartan or Tengu probably. I have no problem with always being Alpha though, grap3fruitman, so if you can get that version working I'd really appreciate it. I only play DOA4 offline anyway. Wouldn't bringing the extra slot back mean creating entirely new data? Is that even possible?

synce

Horizon... I remember that program lets you mod and resign saves, do you think it's possible to make Alpha playable that way? In any case good luck with your effort

Nightpup

I do wonder how long it would take you to apply the method I linked, @grap3fruitman. I'm really anxious to see if we can make this work for us!

@synce, I know Horizon lets you resign save files but I don't know if it lets you edit them directly. I remember using Horizon to unlock Alpha-152 in DOA5 vanilla.

I'm stalking this thread so much right now you have no idea. This would literally be my dream come true to be able to play as Alpha-152 in DOA4.

Last edited:

synce

Yeah you can sort of mod/cheat with Horizon, like I used it to alter my inventory in Dragon's Dogma long ago. Beyond that I have no idea what it's capable of. I'll see if I can find anything relevant on the Japanese internets

Edit: Ah, I just remember it wasn't Horizon I used but another editor. Horizon was just for extract/resigning. I see a couple editors for DOA4 but so far none include playable Alpha so you'll probably need RGH after all

Last edited:

synce

As far as downloading and resigning saves there's nothing to worry about. I also used it to unlock Alpha in vanilla and wasn't banned after hundreds of matches

BTW I looked at DOA4's savedata inside a hex editor and found the values for unlocking stuff but the ones for replacing character models are definitely not on there, so I can now definitely say you need a hacked 360 to do this.

Nightpup

Try looking in the doa4 demo. Grap3 said that Alpha-152's character slot was in it, just not activated.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD