DOA5U (Poll) 3v3 Online Team Battle. Would you watch / participate?

Should I organize this?

• Total voters

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

Fellas, if I were to host and run a 3v3 team battle style match every week between two teams of 3, and kept a rank ladder, would this be something you guys would be interested in watching/participating in?

I only have xbox, so there is that restriction.

Here is what i'm thinking for rules:
1. 60 second clock
2. Random stage select on very first match. Successive battles will choose the stage that was first picked randomly.
3. One round per match. That's one life bar per fighter. When you lose, you initiate a new match up with the next guy on your team. The loser will face the victor of the last round.
4. Winner has character lock while still in the same team battle. A new team battle allows for a different character.
5. Fight until the opposing team is exhausted.
6. Best 2 out of 3 in overall team victory
7. When a team takes a victory, they must change up their order of fighters, with the lead off guy becoming the anchor.

Then I edit it all together and make it look pretty.

Last edited:

Nereus

Standard Donor
Fellas, if I were to host and run a 3v3 team battle style match every week between two teams of 3, and kept a rank ladder, would this be something you guys would be interested in watching/participating in?

I only have xbox, so there is that restriction.

Here is what i'm thinking for rules:
1. 60 second clock
2. Random stage select on very first match. Successive battles will choose the stage that was first picked randomly.
3. One round per match. That's one life bar per fighter. When you lose, you initiate a new match up with the next guy on your team. The loser will face the victor of the last round.
4. Winner has character lock while still in the same team battle. A new team battle allows for a different character.
5. Fight until the opposing team is exhausted.
6. Best 2 out of 3 in overall team victory
7. When a team takes a victory, they must change up their order of fighters, with the lead off guy becoming the anchor.

Then I edit it all together and make it look pretty.
Cool idea.. but im going to have to go with no on this one. If it was on DOA5LR and the netcode was actually good then yes i would love for this to happen, but right now... no.

Radiance

I don't really like the idea. 1 round per player would be too quick with little time to adapt to your opponent. We all know how quickly DOA rounds can end when a player gets a hold of momentum. I'd neither participate nor watch.

Intelligent Alpha

I don't really like the idea. 1 round per player would be too quick with little time to adapt to your opponent. We all know how quickly DOA rounds can end when a player gets a hold of momentum. I'd neither participate nor watch.

You mean when someone starts the pressure game! Pressure =/= Momentum as you can gain momentum without it (provided you know how) I'd prefer 2/3 rounds at least; however, it may mean that you're just gonna be subjected to it longer. (I'm sure someone will complain when two defensive opponents fight trying to gain momentum that way :rolleyes:)

I get it that there could be too many participants (teams) and you wouldn't want long matches; yet, I doubt the pressure game wouldn't be played if it were one round or five! So, idk. I guess we'll have to see what occurs and make adjustments. *shrugs*

Btw, regarding the stream idea: Why not stream it (or upload it afterwards) in sections. The DOA Tournaments are done in this manner if no one wants to watch it LIVE. Just a thought.

Corza

Standard Donor
I would participate if it was on PS3, but since it's Xbox I can only watch.

Corza

Standard Donor
Nice touch with the faces above the life bar. I hope they will do it like this in Last Round. Also, I think a larger life bar would be cool. Not sure about the music though, the Timmy Trumpet track made me laugh.

I also liked how you listed everyone's main character in the beginning of the video. Too bad almost all of them switched later.

swave_971

When I ran across team battle for the first time in single player I instantly wished it was online too. Personally, making it so that the first person to get two rounds wins would be preferable to me. Maybe that would alleviate the pressure/momentum concerns? But yeah love this idea, already thinking of a squad.

One Green Flag

I would love to participate. I have an xbox, but limited availibility and no mic. If that is ok, I would love to join if the schedule permits!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD