Potential Romance in new story?

JJdude

• Give Ayane a proper love interest that's not her half brother or a twinky fuccboi. Like, maybe he could be a sexy and cool guy who is tsun and smug, so they have the smuggest and snarkiest romance ever.
  • Eliot and Marie Rose... Ever since she got revealed I wanted them to have a rivalry cuz they are blonde babbies... Idk how it could work, maybe she could be mocking and teasing him ("You are a weak kid! Hee hee") but then as soon as he looks at another girl she gets jealous? Lol.
  • Ryu... I personally think he is cute with Kasumi but I don't think they'll ever develop a romance subplot for him in a DOA game. I'd like it if Nyo had a crush on him tho.
  • Nikki should be back and rescued heroically by Zack <3
That said I'm kinda losing hope for romance in DOA because otaku are possessive and jealous over their waifus :( I'd imagine they'd throw a shitfit over anything... Well, didn't happen with Leifang but her feelings have been estabilished for a long time.
I think a nice guy who's playful fits with Ayane. Mainly because it would clash with her personality since she can be cold and rude. Which eventually she would warm up to him over time.Of coarse, he would be very skilled fighter either to improve himself, looking for answers, or seek acknowledgement from his home( this part Ayane could relate.
Ryu already has a love interest in his own games. Her name's Irene though in the new incarnation they aren't a thing yet.

TheDragonAwakens

Well, I am more of a Ryu/Momiji than the more popular Ryu/Kasumi as the former ship seems to have a better dynamic between those two as shown in some of the NG games, but since this thread is more DOA related...

I know this is a very unpopular opinion and I am going to get some hate for this but I actually don't mind Ayane/Eliot. I think it will be pretty amusing to watch.

Hayabusiness

Actually I think Kasumi and Ayane are some of the least possible love interests for Ryu.

In Itagaki's games there is Momiji and Irene who both have good chances with him, while Ayane was definitely in love with Hayate judging by her song in 4's ending (and thankfully this got retconned hard). Kasumi, I think Itagaki wanted to keep her single and young forever or else we would've had a designated love interest for her already (maybe there was something with Ryu in DOA2 but that's almost 20 years ago).

As of now, in this Itagaki-less world, I think things stayed more or less the same, icky incest aside, but whoever will win Ryu's heart... Will probably be told in Ninja Gaiden and not in DOA.

Derock

That made think

Leifang wants to defeat Jann Lee but Jann Lee wants to defeat Rig.

WHAT IF RIG WANTS TO DEFEAT THE NEW GUY OR NEW GIRL, AND THE PATTERN NEVER ENDS.

please don't actually do that tn i beg you i was just kidding.

BUT, BUT.... Leifang clearly wants Jann Lee's "Dragon!", if and after she defeats him. Jann wants to defeat Rig for sake of being the strongest and champion of DOA tournament. Let's not do another loop here.

...anyways, Kasumi need a "love" interest (and no, not Eliot @KasumiLover69, he has Ayane to look at), though its best she stay single. I do have an idea based on the concept designs from DOA1 on her love interest. Ryu has Irene and that won't go away anytime soon. I don't know about Hayate and Hitomi though. It seem they want to move past that but I doubt it. However, I noticed that Zack is always near Helena when he always going after Tina.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
BUT, BUT.... Leifang clearly wants Jann Lee's "Dragon!", if and after she defeats him. Jann wants to defeat Rig for sake of being the strongest and champion of DOA tournament. Let's not do another loop here.

...anyways, Kasumi need a "love" interest (and no, not Eliot @KasumiLover69, he has Ayane to look at), though its best she stay single. I do have an idea based on the concept designs from DOA1 on her love interest. Ryu has Irene and that won't go away anytime soon. I don't know about Hayate and Hitomi though. It seem they want to move past that but I doubt it. However, I noticed that Zack is always near Helena when he always going after Tina.
Why not eliot tho? xD Let's be real, Ayane would never get with Eliot since she's more into Hayate. Kasumi and Eliot would be a good pair since Kasumi is basically a better and nicer Ayane with longer hair and more sociable, but TN may ship him with Marie Rose since they do seem good together although they just may be friends too.He could probably also have a thing for Hitomi as well tbh since he seems to have some interest in her in story mode

If Lisa is alive I could see her probably having some feelings for Hayate since she was the one who freed him, and judging by their tag pose maybe she feels like his guardian angel, I always got that vibe from her like she's gotten a bit attached to him during the whole Epsilon thing, but Hayate obviously doesn't like her much since he whooped her ass in DOA4 xD

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Why not eliot tho? xD Let's be real, Ayane would never get with Eliot since she's more into Hayate. Kasumi and Eliot would be a good pair since Kasumi is basically a better and nicer Ayane with longer hair and more sociable, but TN may ship him with Marie Rose since they do seem good together although they just may be friends too.He could probably also have a thing for Hitomi as well tbh since he seems to have some interest in her in story mode

If Lisa is alive I could see her probably having some feelings for Hayate since she was the one who freed him, and judging by their tag pose maybe she feels like his guardian angel, I always got that vibe from her like she's gotten a bit attached to him during the whole Epsilon thing, but Hayate obviously doesn't like her much since he whooped her ass in DOA4 xD

hecc no no incest heck to the nnonononononononnnonononoononononononnonono no.

I can actually see Lisa crushing on Hayate now, never even thought of it.

I actually have an Eliot x Kasumi fanfic queued up in my one-shots request list, i'll notify you when i finish it, but it's at the VERY end of the list so it will probably be a couple months.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
hecc no no incest heck to the nnonononononononnnonononoononononononnonono no.

I can actually see Lisa crushing on Hayate now, never even thought of it.

I actually have an Eliot x Kasumi fanfic queued up in my one-shots request list, i'll notify you when i finish it, but it's at the VERY end of the list so it will probably be a couple months.
Please do share it when you finish since I would love to read it! I haven't read a decent fan fic since I was a senior in high school xD

And ACTUALLY, Lisa may have feelings for Ryu too, @Jadeinchains doesn't like to talk about it but remember in Dimensions when she was tipsy from that martini she drunk?? XD

DOAD_Lisa_Ryu.jpg

She was flirting a bit with him, and for some strange reason she invited him to her room on the freedom survivor WHILE she was showering which says alot about her tbh xD

DOAD_Lisa_3.jpg

Idk if Lisa was gonna actually do anything with him but she likely did seem to trust him quite a bit if she let him stay in her room while she showered XD but like Hayate in DOA5 she wound up getting beat by Ryu so she's probably into violent relationships XD

Mayor-Of-Mustard

Please do share it when you finish since I would love to read it! I haven't read a decent fan fic since I was a senior in high school xD
mayor-of-mustard and decent fan-fics don't belong in the same sentence.

except for that sentence ig.

But sure I will show you when it's done ^.^

Maybe it is crazy and stupid idea, but I think Kasumi and Donovan would make a nice couple. He is rich, smart, intelligent and I suppose that he has some feelings to her.
But this never happens
Nah, I can't see it. Plus wouldn't he be a bit old for her haha if he's the dad of Rig

Jadeinchains

And ACTUALLY, Lisa may have feelings for Ryu too, @Jadeinchains doesn't like to talk about it but remember in Dimensions when she was tipsy from that martini she drunk?? XD

View attachment 25330

She was flirting a bit with him, and for some strange reason she invited him to her room on the freedom survivor WHILE she was showering which says alot about her tbh xD

View attachment 25331

Idk if Lisa was gonna actually do anything with him but she likely did seem to trust him quite a bit if she let him stay in her room while she showered XD but like Hayate in DOA5 she wound up getting beat by Ryu so she's probably into violent relationships XD

Lol! I don't remember but was she just trying to get some info from him for something? Although maybe she really did how feelings for him, I wouldn't blame her if she did Ryu's hot. The tension between them after that even continued a little bit into Doa5 I felt like in their interactions. Wouldn't be surprised If they have some kind of feelings for each other.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Lol! I don't remember but was she just trying to get some info from him for something? Although maybe she really did how feelings for him, I wouldn't blame her if she did Ryu's hot. The tension between them after that even continued a little bit into Doa5 I felt like in their interactions. Wouldn't be surprised If they have some kind of feelings for each other.
Yeah it's like really strong sexual tension XD although if I was Lisa I would rather go for Kasumi or Hayate, Ryu looks like a dog and his long hair can't save him either xD but idk, Lisa kinda seems asexual tbh, Kasumi also seems like she wouldn't ever have sex either

Dionysus

Can't say I see any need for it in this series. It wouldn't be handled well anyway in my opinion. I like interactions that aren't based on romance at all times though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Sometimes when it comes to romance in a fighting game, there is at least one cockblocker itching for a battle.

Character 1: I love you

Character 2: I love you t-

Character 3: BOOM -appears from underground- (?)

Character 1 & 2: Nani!?!?!?! -Anime tone and shock face-

-Intervenes-

Character 3: You thought it was romance but it was I, cockblocker. - 3 rounds 60 seconds BEGINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Character 3: -Even though I won, I am bored and I will likely return around the last chapter to interrupt a kissing or some cuddle scene because fighting game gave me this route for who knows why-

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Fighting Game DiReCtiOnZ

Story fans: B-but, what about lov-

Fighting Game: ABSOLUTE NONSENSE (-edgy voice-). Your real love for the game is the in-game frame data. Being +32 on block is like great immersed sex.

Romance is cool, though fighting games are extremely weak in this department since most fighting game stories is bad enough, romance usually comes with a story on how it came to be, so if the story is not great then there is a huge chance that romance concepts would be just as bad as well. Personally (in opinion of mine course) I think DOA's story is pretty mediocre and I can pick other fighters that might have a better story overhaul than DOA's output, so I have very little faith when it comes to any types of *good* romance for it.

Seriously though, if the story was changed to the main roles of Marie Rose and Honoka adventures and end up fighting a boss that Hayabusa can't beat and turns out to be some kawaii shit of miracle powerz from the two heroines of niche nonsense ending up saving the day, i'm gonna puke.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD