Potential Romance in new story?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Have ye no seen the 'preferred breast jiggle thread'

truly will go in fsd history.
Yeah I remember I was the one who made that thread 4 years ago and @CyberEvil had closed it, I was so embarrassed xD in all seriousness tho I was just wondering what everyone used and I don't even like OMG mode anymore, LR is better since its natural xD

This is even more asinine than the topics about the boobs being toned down.
I mean no one is asking you to be in the thread xD

Mama

No romance, only fighting! Besides, fighting games are always so vague when comes to characters with love interest.

It would probably be a more "forced" type of romance then a sincere relationship.

Now excuse me while I go vomit at the thought of Hayate/Hitomi. Lol

Last edited:

JJdude

No romance, only fighting! Besides, fighting games are always so vague when comes to characters with love interest.

It would probably be a more "forced" type of romance then a sincere relationship.

Now excuse me while I go vomit at the thought of Hayate/Hitomi. Lol
Well it might only seemed force mainly because most fighting games didn't have a Story mode, but arcade endings that are about 15 to 30 seconds long. Since now days story mode can be more fleshed out which relationships can be fleshed out. Or if DOA had an anime to help fleshing things out just like Virtua Fighter did.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
If you're gonna do a relationship in a game I feel it should be subtle like Kilik and Xianghua in SC, like you know they like each other but it doesnt seem forced at all and it feels natural. And yeah I don't think Hayate and Hitomi should be a thing, he's 25 and she's only 20 xD Just like how Eliot is 18 and Christie is 26, it just seems strange imo

Ninoasker

If you're gonna do a relationship in a game I feel it should be subtle like Kilik and Xianghua in SC, like you know they like each other but it doesnt seem forced at all and it feels natural. And yeah I don't think Hayate and Hitomi should be a thing, he's 25 and she's only 20 xD Just like how Eliot is 18 and Christie is 26, it just seems strange imo
I mean is just 5 years tho? They're both adults lol, even if she's "only" 20 she's not a teenager anymore so she's supposed to be able to decide for herself. Eliot and Christie's it's worse because even if he's of legal age he's still a teenager and the age gap is wider. But Hitomi and Hayate? Nah.

I just don't like Hitomi x Hayate tho. Never did and never will. Romances in fighting games always end being corny and lame, unless they're part of their backstories such as Leon's deceased wife or Zack and Niki. Just don't make two main/playable characters fall in love because its just so hard to make it work in this kind of games.

JJdude

I mean is just 5 years tho? They're both adults lol, even if she's "only" 20 she's not a teenager anymore so she's supposed to be able to decide for herself. Eliot and Christie's it's worse because even if he's of legal age he's still a teenager and the age gap is wider. But Hitomi and Hayate? Nah.

I just don't like Hitomi x Hayate tho. Never did and never will. Romances in fighting games always end being corny and lame, unless they're part of their backstories such as Leon's deceased wife or Zack and Niki. Just don't make two main/playable characters fall in love because its just so hard to make it work in this kind of games.
You mean like these two?lol
hqdefault.jpg

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

Oh I don't look at the legal side xD I just mean Hayate wouldn't ever get with a Hitomi. Same with Christie, while eliot is hot af and I would drop the boxers for him any day, Christie is a 26 year old, professional, cold and aloof assassin who's working for Donovan. I don't think she's worried about or interested in some young blonde kid who lives in a dusty old Chinatown home with an unemployed drunk and is just now starting to learn his master's techniques XD She's only there to tease Eliot, and Hayate is just the unrequited love interest to Hitomi, granted she moved on in DOA5 and seems to not be head over heels for him like in DOA Dimensions where she was crying after their last fight

P2p1mbs

Now that you mention it, the series has avoided showing anything relating to romance; the main canon pairing in the series, Ryu and Irene, isn't treated as a romantic one and they even make it a point of avoiding saying that the 2 are in a relationship. And besides Leon and Lauren, neither of whom play any role in the story anymore, the only other "romantic" connection is Rachel's attraction to Ryu (Itagaki himself said she's in love with him) and their tag intro shows her as just respecting him more than the other characters.

You can also argue Zack and Niki as a pairing but the DOAX endings clearly show she was only with him for his money.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

I prefer the "List of banned costumes in tournies" one myself. Too bad you guys axed it a while back.
I'm going to look back at that thread now ahaha

You can also argue Zack and Niki as a pairing but the DOAX endings clearly show she was only with him for his money.

oh i never played doax so i didn't know. rip zack.

Anyways i need to be back on topic

Zack x Helena or Bayman x Helena?

P2p1mbs

oh i never played doax so i didn't know. rip zack.

In the first DOAX, she steals his jetpack when the island's volcano erupts and it becomes clear Zack will lose everything. In the second, when the volcano erupts again, she actually does try to save him saying she doesnt want to leave him behind again. She also did kinda try to save him in his DOA4 ending so she MAY have actually started to care for him.

They probably broke up since she doesn't show up in 5 seeing how the only reference to her in 5 is a picture of her in his helicopter (beside a pic of Helena). Or they may still be together but TN decided not to bother showing her.

Ninoasker

Oh I don't look at the legal side xD I just mean Hayate wouldn't ever get with a Hitomi. Same with Christie, while eliot is hot af and I would drop the boxers for him any day, Christie is a 26 year old, professional, cold and aloof assassin who's working for Donovan. I don't think she's worried about or interested in some young blonde kid who lives in a dusty old Chinatown home with an unemployed drunk and is just now starting to learn his master's techniques XD She's only there to tease Eliot, and Hayate is just the unrequited love interest to Hitomi, granted she moved on in DOA5 and seems to not be head over heels for him like in DOA Dimensions where she was crying after their last fight
Ohhh okay haha, usually this stuff is linked to the age gap so I thought you were talking about that too. Sorry!
But yeah, I totally agree with you. Christie just wants to tease him and if anything happened between them, it would be a one night stand. And Hayate and Hitomi, I just can't see them. I prefer to see them like the typical relationship where you meet someone you fall in love with but after some time you realize you actually like having him as a friend better. I think this also fits them better, since Hayate is a ninja who basically travels all over the world to try and end with the bad boys tm, while Hitomi is just a normal fighter that all she does is train and try to win the DOA tournament. It'd be basically impossible for them to be together for a long period of time lol.

You mean like these two?lol
hqdefault.jpg
I don't know anything about MK's lore at all, but if their relationship's bg story works even with both being playable then heyyy, that's rare LOL.

JJdude

Oh no, they got together and then divorced all in one game. lol In MK9, Johnny Cage was interested in her, but she was more focused on her mission. In MKX, they go back and forth with the time skips. Like they would show 20 years ago about them going against an Elder God gone rouge, then both fell in love. 20 years later, they have daughter named Cassie and both of them are divorced. Mainly because Sonya was so focused on her work than her family.

Boogie

I want a romance as cute this jacqui and takeda tbh
1445b7dd5cd2b0c8.jpg

but it wont happen in DoA6

With that being said. My ships:
Ayane x Eliot
Ryu x Rachel (he has a thing for blonde white women it seems)
Jann Lee x Fashion
Helena x Zack
Hitomi x Dealing with being bitter that Ein is clearly a homosexual and does not want her
Hitomi x Leifang. I love cute Lesbeans
Lisa x Relevancy because shes the only dark skinned female character AND WE NEED REPRESENTATION DAMMIT.
Rig x Me
Rig x Bass
Rig x Me x Bayman
Christie x Bayman
Leon x Mila. I know its far fetched but, i can see it
Kasumi x Momiji. Lesbeans!
Bass x Marie Rose yaknow whole daddy/littles thing

axouel2009

guuuuuuuuuuuuuurl you killed me !

1: Jann Lee X lei fang

- clearly THE real couple of DOA, gettin closer and closer, lei fang could be almost dead... like she could drown and he'd save her by kissing her underwater or something

2: Hayate / Ein X Hitomi

- I honestly dunno if he could love her or if he sees a sister in her ( like we learned in doaD that he confused her with kasumi, it may be resisted in his unconscious )

3 : Bayman X Christie

SEX SCENE, actually could happen easyly

4 : Kokoro x Helena

WE ARE SISTEEEEEEEERS

4 RANDOM

- Eliot x Marie Rose
- Eliot X Brad
- Jann lee X Hitomi ( I mean it could be really fuuuuuuuuun AF )
- Tina X Zack ( for me they are the Sonya x Johnny Cage )
- Tina x Rig ( x Boogie )

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD