Probably no new DLC for PS3/Xbox360 users anymore...

Tyaren

Standard Donor
...also no more uploads of fights to Facebook or Youtube

Just posted on Facebook by Team Ninja:

■[Important Notice #1]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Due to hardware capacity, we are approaching the limit of the additional downloadable content we can offer for PS3/Xbox 360. There is a possibility that new content will not be availalbe for those platforms in the future. We are currently looking into the limits and will inform you as soon as we have more information.

There should be no issues transferring any downloadable content for "DOA5 Ultimate" to "DOA5 Last Round".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

■[Important Notice #2]
Due to a Facebook policy change, you will not be able to use Facebook share and YouTube uploading functions from "DOA5 Plus", "DOA5 Ultimate", and PS3 / Xbox360 version of "DOA5 Last Round" from 4/30/2015.

The PS4, Xbox One & Steam versions of "DOA5 Last Round" do not support the account linking functionality for Facebook and YouTube.

https://www.facebook.com/deadoraliv...6851554085605/636763209761101/?type=1&theater

Shiranui

"The PS4, Xbox One & Steam versions of "DOA5 Last Round" do not support the account linking functionality for Facebook and YouTube."

That sounds disastrous.
I hope PS4 share button will work as does with any other game and keep recording and saving my favourite matches in DoALR.

Last edited:

Randzz

That just blows. As it is one of the things I like about DoA5 & DoA5U is the ability to upload vids. I like seeing other peoples takes on the characters I use, simply to see what I can incorporate into my own repertoire. The one who can figure out a way around this after April will probably have FRs from the entire DoA community. The DLC thing is meh to me since I'm getting the Steam (& probably PS4) versions of DoA5LR anyway.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Basically they cut support for the last generation consoles. I knew, they were eventually going to do this... I really feel for the ones, that can't afford, to jump to current generation, because I was in their shoes too. :( I followed my gut, working hard to save money for a PS4 and the game since the moment Last Round was announced. Team Ninja should award me. XD I bought a Xbox just for DOA3, a Xbox360 for DOA4 and a PS4 for Doa5Last Round.

d3v

"The PS4, Xbox One & Steam versions of "DOA5 Last Round" do not support the account linking functionality for Facebook and YouTube."

That sounds disastrous.
I hope PS4 share button will work as does with any other game and keep recording and saving my favourite matches in DoALR.
By this, I think they mean that it wont have the in game account linking that the previous versions had. The built in recording/streaming features of these platforms however should work.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Honestly, since a PC version has been announced, I feel as though Last Round should have been exclusive to current gen. If the last gen version of LR is going to not be supported, then why even make it at all? Not to say I'm not thankful that I can play DOA5LR on my PS3, but it seems moot at this point. This is why I just went ahead and preordered the PS4 version, despite not having one yet. It's clear that full experience is on the current gen consoles + PC.

Randzz

Thanks; the previous version of that one was one I've had my eye on off & on. Didn't know of this newer version.

Last edited:

Kohlrak

■[Important Notice #1]
Due to hardware capacity, we are approaching the limit of the additional downloadable content we can offer for PS3/Xbox 360. There is a possibility that new content will not be availalbe for those platforms in the future. We are currently looking into the limits and will inform you as soon as we have more information.

There should be no issues transferring any downloadable content for "DOA5 Ultimate" to "DOA5 Last Round".

Translation: We don't think there's enough pull to the ps4. We're going to continue to blame ps3 hardware to try to strengthen our point to push the switch. However, if people call us out on the fact that there's no logic to the argument, we're going to put it on the ps3. (either that, or the 柔らか engine is required for the new content, meaning the old content won't look nicer on last round).

■[Important Notice #2]
Due to a Facebook policy change, you will not be able to use Facebook share and YouTube uploading functions from "DOA5 Plus", "DOA5 Ultimate", and PS3 / Xbox360 version of "DOA5 Last Round" from 4/30/2015.

The PS4, Xbox One & Steam versions of "DOA5 Last Round" do not support the account linking functionality for Facebook and YouTube.

We're going to remove the uploads features, because they didn't promote the games well enough, anyway. We only care about you uploading to youtube when you can promote our game on facebook, but it's even worse when we have to face the fact that the netcode issue is clearly visible in the videos. Oh, and about your desire to have it "fixed," forget it, you're waiting until MAYBE DoA6.

Kronin

We're going to remove the uploads features, because they didn't promote the games well enough, anyway. We only care about you uploading to youtube when you can promote our game on facebook, but it's even worse when we have to face the fact that the netcode issue is clearly visible in the videos. Oh, and about your desire to have it "fixed," forget it, you're waiting until MAYBE DoA6.

I'm not so sure about this matter, the same TN cared to remind to the fans that they can upload the videos on You Tube even without the games' tools but using what already made available from the consoles.

Kohlrak

Then it's just to push us to the next console (without the videos, it's harder to get better). Why would you remove a feature that works on the ps3? Just because you can't post on facebook doesn't mean the rest of it is broken.

I just have 1 last question: why should i even bother updating to last round? Is there any incentive at all? Give me one reason other than a title change. I'm glad they're pushing away the fans they just made with the Core Fighters series. I have no plans to get the next generation consoles when i can't justify the purchases. My games are for the ps3, and i'm not paying some service just so i can play them on a ps4, when it's clearly the ability could be supported natively. Worse yet, i'm not paying an online subscription fee, when i know that the expenses of online can be COMPLETELY nullified with a decentralized network. You want a centralized network to advertise your content to bring in more money? YOU pay for it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD