Project Ideas/Management

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
Not too long ago I finished my Top Tier Tips project, I'm currently working on the sequal, but I'd like to see if there is anyone else who is doing or interested in doing their own DOA group project?

Let's get some idea's flowing in here, tell me what you want to make.

Legendary Goken

Standard Donor
@Something-Unique and I were looking into creating a Mila and Bass bible each. @UncleKitchener did a nice job starting off with a lot of information. Perhaps with @iHajinShinobi 's help we can start doing character bibles, and make them so they're consistent series in design and format.
I really like the sound of that, I wouldn't mind doing a Gen Fu and Jann Lee character bible, maybe I can collaborate with @SweetRevenge117 @Darkslay @Jamaican Legend if they're interested?

Gurimmjaw

I can help, the thing is i'm pretty much the only Jann Lee player active right now, @Gurimmjaw as well but he seems to be too busy with MKX right now lol.

lol now, just because I am on MKX doesn't mean im not active I pretty much play both, but if something is happening with Jann Lee I can contribute and possibly @RyuJin if he wants to add stuff as well.

So i'll help out.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Along with motoring away on the Top Tier Tips sequel with Legendary Goken (Warning that it will be considerably longer than the novice guide), I'm planning a Christie breakdown in video or stream format to help people understand the character a bit better, likely with consultation from Awesmic and Goarmagon.

Darkslay

lol now, just because I am on MKX doesn't mean im not active I pretty much play both, but if something is happening with Jann Lee I can contribute and possibly @RyuJin if he wants to add stuff as well.

So i'll help out.

Says the guy all over the MK thread XD jk, yeah i was planning on contacting @RyuJin as well, but cool to see you're on board.

Gurimmjaw

Says the guy all over the MK thread XD jk, yeah i was planning on contacting @RyuJin as well, but cool to see you're on board.

lol yeah I been in that thread mostly can't lie haha.

But yeah man i'll help out and contribute, im not sure if ryujin will at the moment though he seems busy as of late.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I had planned to provide the wiki with .gif images of every single individual move within a character wiki and it's properties and plus the fact that the wiki can be used more. It can be used as one of the sources to instantly find all that you are looking for instead of going through pages on forum posts to find missed info. I think Dustloop might have something similar, not quite sure.

Something like:

*Gif
-Insert move description, speed, range etc etc.-

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
I had planned to provide the wiki with .gif images of every single individual move within a character wiki and it's properties and plus the fact that the wiki can be used more. It can be used as one of the sources to instantly find all that you are looking for instead of going through pages on forum posts to find missed info. I think Dustloop might have something similar, not quite sure.

Something like:

*Gif

We should try something like VFDC has http://virtuafighter.com/commands/list?ver=5fsa&chara=akira or just use google sheets.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Sounds like a plan.
I would be more than willing to help with matters relating to Mila and Nyotengu along with the others who play the said characters.

Darkslay

Something like:

*Gif

I can definitely start working on something like this for Jann Lee, i'll have to figure out the gif part, but i can definitely start now.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
VFDC's example of a wiki page is something that is very comprehensive and the related on articles on each character is what people should strive for achieving.

http://virtuafighter.com/wiki/akira-strategy-vf5fs/

The FSD wiki is behind even the dustloop wiki examples that some characters haven't been even filled yet and some are empty (ie: Mila, Momiji, Raidou and others).

I'd suggest shortening sections with backstory information or removing fluff, while instead of having a singular section for gameplay, there are seperate articles for character strategies, move analysis and starters. The DOA Wiki already does a good job of doing fluff and story articles, so there's no need to redo the same formula.

DOA Wiki's costume articles are good for linking. No point in dumping costume images in wiki pages.

The blue violet wiki has already done 99% of the frame data for the game, so I suggest that should be used as the primary frame data source.

I can write a thesis about characters I know on my own, but I don't know about most people here. If multiple people can get together and keep editing and adding to one article every once in a while, there can be a lot done in a short amount of time.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
This may be a stupid question but is the frame data in the game inaccurate therefore necessitating an archive?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD