"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

KING JAIMY

:nyotengu:
-2H+KK, 2H+K2K. Just replace her current 2H+K xD
That would look really weird, haha.
:marierose: From Marie this :

And Rondo P (on hit) > Hissatsu no Kamae
Hmmm couldn't see how a Hissatsu transition would work here since Rondo P causes a stumble stun and if the opponent slow escapes they would be out of reach. It could work near a wall though, where they have nowhere to go.

Nikotsumi

Hmmm couldn't see how a Hissatsu transition would work here since Rondo P causes a stumble stun and if the opponent slow escapes they would be out of reach. It could work near a wall though, where they have nowhere to go.
Yeah, you're right, in this case just change Rondo P's stun, like they did with Tina's BT 7PP (Honoka's BT PP), which is a stumble stun too.

KwonJigglypuff

I was thinking Lei Fang's 1KK could be a nice move to go into Helena's bokuho stance. What do you think ? Honoka doesn't have many significant moves from Lei Fang. And I can totally see Honoka crying "yo-yaaaa" while doing it.

I love her sounds.

KING JAIMY

Yeah, you're right, in this case just change Rondo P's stun, like they did with Tina's BT 7PP (Honoka's BT PP), which is a stumble stun too.
Good suggestion. They can make it a blind stagger/uppercut stun which are usually around +20 till +25 on fastest slow escape. Honoka needs more HnK setups which are non-slow escapable in my opinion.

DeadlyChase

I knew it existed! And you knew it too, @Nikotsumi. PPP2K is not a thing listed in her command list, yet people seem to do it occasionally. From what I've observed, it only works on block since PPP on hit transitions to Dragon Stance automatically.

You can see @DeadlyChase performing PPP2K on block at 0:41 - 0:42 in his video:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/media/rank-match-genfu-vs-honoka-deadly-chase-aka-jayspades.10312/media

I'm not sure if PPP2 exists, but PPP2K is definitely a thing.

PPP2K? you mean PP2K? I don't do it occasionally. I do it because I want too, and it does work on block, and on hit. You're only going into dragon because you're hitting P for the third time. Sorry if someone already pointed it out, but there is no ppp2k it's pp2k, and pp2k is in her command list. The move is called Tanheki-sen-kyaku. 7th row. Once again sorry if someone already pointed this out I didn't read other posts just the post that stated my video.

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

PPP2K? you mean PP2K? I don't do it occasionally. I do it because I want too, and it does work on block, and on hit. You're only going into dragon because you're hitting P for the third time. Sorry if someone already pointed it out, but there is no ppp2k it's pp2k, and pp2k is in her command list. The move is called Tanheki-sen-kyaku. 7th row. Once again sorry if someone already pointed this out I didn't read other posts just the post that stated my video.
I'm aware of that. PP2K can be executed at will. However, I was talking about the hidden move PPP2K, which isn't listed in her command list.

In your video you are doing PPP2K at the 0:41 - 0:42 mark in your video. Three punches and a low kick. That's what I was talking about.

KING JAIMY

Hmm what about Honoka gets Rig's Bending Stance and give her Bending Stance P, Bending Stance K (originally Bending Stance 8K for Rig) and Bending Stance H+K so that Dokuritsu-Ho P, Dokuritsu-Ho K and Dokuritsu-Ho H+K can be replaced by something else?

DeadlyChase

I'm aware of that. PP2K can be executed at will. However, I was talking about the hidden move PPP2K, which isn't listed in her command list.

In your video you are doing PPP2K at the 0:41 - 0:42 mark in your video. Three punches and a low kick. That's what I was talking about.

Oh I'm sorry. Interesting. Well on my ps4 when I review the replay it's marked as pp2k not ppp2k. Which makes sense because it's not listed in commands. Perhaps they'll fix it in a future patch. No doubt Honoka should be tweaked a bit.
DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round_20151007003515.jpg

Just a silly theory but maybe ppp2k is pp2k. I think it's just a bug where you can apply a (third) hit. Perhaps people cancel out the final frames of the last (P) in order to get the low? I mean if you look at the history of how canceling came to be in fighters. Canceling was originally a bug... So this can't be to far off maybe??? But like I said just a silly theory. Not a hidden move but a hidden cancel/bug?

It's not listed because you shouldn't be able to get that third hit, and still follow with the low. Thus why game recognizes it as pp2k?

Nice find KINGJAIMY you have a keen eye for details.

Last edited:

Hold_Junkie93

@DeadlyChase The Jan Lee kicks, or Zack bob and weave are more like the cancels you speak of in terms of a 3D fg. Eileen (VF) is more reminiscent of the Street Fighter cancels. This is merely a string that just isn't listed with the commands. Be it on block only or not. TN most likely forgot and skimmed thru things with all the rushed work that seems to be going on lately. How many new costumes will be released before they fix the wall glitches?

Last edited:

DeadlyChase

@DeadlyChase The Jan Lee kicks, or Zack bob and weave are more like the cancels you speak of in terms of a 3D fg. Eileen (VF) is more reminiscent of the Street Fighter cancels. This is merely a string that just isn't listed with the commands. Be it on block only or not. TN most likely forgot and skimmed thru things with all the rushed work that seems to be going on lately. How many new costumes will be released before they fix the wall glitches?

Well I guess you're right. Though ppp2k and pp2k both will basically flow into the same follow up. I still think ppp2k is a bug since it's so similar to pp2k, and ppp2k can only be done on block? why? You can't just do it when you want, but yet you can do pp2k on block and hit, and anytime you want. ppp2k Just seems to odd of a string if you ask me. but that's just my thoughts on it >.<

KING JAIMY

Just a silly theory but maybe ppp2k is pp2k. I think it's just a bug where you can apply a (third) hit.
This is probably the right theory. It's probably more likely a bug and not a hidden move.
and ppp2k can only be done on block? why?
That's because PPP on hit automatically transitions Honoka to Dragon Stance, which will not give her the option to do Helena's low kick. PPP on block however, does not transition into Dragon Stance which would allow you to do a low kick afterwards, even though you shouldn't be able to perform it since PPP on block isn't supposed to have a low kick follow-up.

panicitstylor

Does anyone know if that move can still be used? PPP2K? I've tried every situation, and I can't get it. She just does PPPK. :(

KING JAIMY

I recently had an idea for a change for Honoka. They could change the animation and damage of her 2T to become Hissatsu 2T, on Hi-Counter Hit only. In this way you could punish low holders better, and since Hissatsu 2T is situational and very hard to land in the first place, why not change the properties of her regular 2T. I suggest having her 2T on Normal Hit and Counter Hit unchanged, however.

So it would be like this:

2T (Normal Hit) --> Remains the same
2T (Counter Hit) --> Remains the same
2T (Hi-Counter Hit) --> Change animation and damage output to Hissatsu 2T

CookingMama

I'm not sure if it has been discussed here but recently I'm finding the usefulness of Honoka's 4P+K. I honestly think it is one of her best moves. The high crush is great but I've even found myself launching people with it when they go for a low (sometimes any height) poke (this happened against a Christie online).

The damage after a counter hit with it is pretty good in my opinion too. I normally just do BT K > P+KPP I haven't really gone extensively into seeing if anything else is more damaging but that combo is really easy and simple to do so eh.

panicitstylor

I'm not sure if it has been discussed here but recently I'm finding the usefulness of Honoka's 4P+K. I honestly think it is one of her best moves. The high crush is great but I've even found myself launching people with it when they go for a low (sometimes any height) poke (this happened against a Christie online).

The damage after a counter hit with it is pretty good in my opinion too. I normally just do BT K > P+KPP I haven't really gone extensively into seeing if anything else is more damaging but that combo is really easy and simple to do so eh.
Honoka's max damage CB combo for Superlight/Light actually starts off with her 4P+K. :)

KING JAIMY

Max damage CB combo on lights: 4P+K > BT K > 6H+K DS K > 6K > 2P+K4(6P)

Fun Fact: 4P+K crushes some mids as well!

Lulu

So this is interesting, Honoka taught me something I was suppose to learn with Hitomi using the exact same tool. :236::P:

Whiff Punishing the AI is difficult..... not because its good at avoiding it but because even on Level 8 you can Dragon Kick them from down town 4 times in a row without it ever learning to counter it. But this doesn't work on the VF Characters. So since Pai and Sarah were kicking my ass Left and Right... I figured now was a good time to work on my spacing and whiff punishing.... Because my usual Turtling wasn't cutting it. Honoka just isn't designed like Tina is.

Moving Back and Forth constantly isn't easy for me.... but Honoka (and her Tiny Arms) demands it.... shes got a move for all ranges and switching to a counter poking Mindset up close to a Whiff punishing mentality at mid range within the span of 2 seconds is huge pain in the ass..... but it Paid off... I beat The VF characters alot more consistently.

Maybe now I can take this and use it with Hitomi......

KING JAIMY

So this is interesting, Honoka taught me something I was suppose to learn with Hitomi using the exact same tool. :236::P:

Whiff Punishing the AI is difficult..... not because its good at avoiding it but because even on Level 8 you can Dragon Kick them from down town 4 times in a row without it ever learning to counter it. But this doesn't work on the VF Characters. So since Pai and Sarah were kicking my ass Left and Right... I figured now was a good time to work on my spacing and whiff punishing.... Because my usual Turtling wasn't cutting it. Honoka just isn't designed like Tina is.

Moving Back and Forth constantly isn't easy for me.... but Honoka (and her Tiny Arms) demands it.... shes got a move for all ranges and switching to a counter poking Mindset up close to a Whiff punishing mentality at mid range within the span of 2 seconds is huge pain in the ass..... but it Paid off... I beat The VF characters alot more consistently.

Maybe now I can take this and use it with Hitomi......
Honoka has Hitomi's :3::H+K: too, which is also used for whiff punishment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD