"Promise me, you won't tell anyone" Honoka General Discussion

Lulu

Honoka has Hitomi's :3::H+K: too, which is also used for whiff punishment.

I forgot that move is safe.

I should probably start doing that with Tina too.

Thanks. :)

Edit: LoL.... I literally just squashed Tina with that move after she whiffed a :1::K: 30 Seconds ago. Instant Payoff !!! :)

panicitstylor

Star and I was looking for max damage after Honoka's "Hissatsu-no-Kamae" T. We found 120, and it works on all weight classes. I was wondering if anyone found more than that? Thanks! :)

CookingMama

Star and I was looking for max damage after Honoka's "Hissatsu-no-Kamae" T. We found 120, and it works on all weight classes. I was wondering if anyone found more than that? Thanks! :)

I've never bothered with that since the throw is usually a good option, but I'll look into it!

I'll propose another question though, does anyone have a concrete idea on what causes the "magnet" 6T? By this I mean when Honoka flies, sometimes nearly half screen, to hug someone. I was thinking maybe it was backdashes? Or is it just whiffed moves in general? It happens for me, both online and offline, normally during footsies but whoever I am fighting against can't really pinpoint the cause. Sometimes it seems random but I wouldn't believe that to be the case. It seems like a really valuable tool for Honoka. I've never seen another character do something like it before.

Nikotsumi

(HnK T) > little dash > 3K > DHO P+K > BTK > PPP6P deals now 121 points of damage (on HiC) it works on feather/mid/lightweights. That's only 1 point, but it's still something xD

CookingMama

There was a video posted just now in the media section for wall setups and for Honoka it presented the worst one for her! So I am going to share what I know (probably others too) for players new to Honoka. I personally couldn't find this information for Honoka when I went looking for it.

For full walls ending in 2P+K46P (doesn't matter which one) and 6KK allows you to use 1K for a guaranteed force tech. No grab whiff or anything, no timing just 1K.

For half walls ending in PPP6P allows you to use 1K as well.

If you haven't seen the video it presented the 4PPP into 236P - P set up. I think is kinda crappy, her bokuho stance isn't really something to fear. The 1K gives the low/mid mix up, and in general the "do I duck or not" also 1K can be delayed forever, seriously, she can be almost off the ground before you follow up.

Nikotsumi

Personally I prefer the 4PPP into 214P+K one, I've used it since forever xD.
There's nothing to lose : opponent can't use wake up kicks and if the opponent techs you're left at +1. Also the options from Bokuho stance are indeed to fear imo, PP (into Hissatsu) and K (into Dokuritsu-Ho) in this case since they're her fastest attacks from this stance (12f), though it's better to use P after the force tech because you know.... it has follow ups.
Note that I'm talking about when the opponent techs after 214P+K only. 214P+K > Bokuho P > force tech may create too much space between Honoka and the opponent.

I always avoid the use of 1K in general because it's such a weird and risky move : if you use it after 6KK or 2P+K46P and the opponent techs up, you'll be left at -10~11f of disadvantage. 1K has follow ups too, they're easily blockable/holdable though and even if they hit, you don't get much.

Last edited:

CookingMama

Personally I prefer the 4PPP into 214P one, I've used it since forever xD.
There's nothing to lose : opponent can't use wake up kicks and if the opponent techs you're left at +1. Also the options from Bokuho stance are indeed to fear imo, PP (into Hissatsu) and K (into Dokuritsu-Ho) in this case since they're her fastest attacks from this stance (12f), though it's better to use P after the force tech because you know.... it has follow ups.
Note that I'm talking about when the opponent techs after 214P only. 214P > Bokuho P > force tech may create too much space between Honoka and the opponent.

I always avoid the use of 1K in general because it's such a weird and risky move : if you use it after 6KK or 2P+K46P and the opponent techs up, you'll be left at -10~11f of disadvantage. 1K has follow ups too, they're easily blockable/holdable though and even if they hit, you don't get much.

I have to disagree. The thing that makes bokuho so shit is you only need to block ONE WAY. The opponent techs, and stands and holds block. Nothing more needs to be done, you only force one mixup (assuming they don't feel like holding). If they don't tech that is a different story. But even still like you mentioned they have to not tech twice. Once for the 214P and again for the P to hit. The 1K is a one time thing and you are not left at -10 if they tech, if they tech they MUST respect the followups or get counter hit. 1K1K gives you a nice knockdown for added pressure, granted 1KK is kinda not great, even on counter it, it puts your opponent in a weird place (and Honoka tbh), but it is good because most people expect a low after a force tech. Hell you can even just free cancel it and go for a low grab if you know they expect a low.

Also, for ease of use the 2P+K46P is better, it is a universal combo ender for Honoka. Odds are you are going to be doing that most of the time anyway. Like if you were doing a CB combo or something (or shoulder launch) and the distance of the juggle put you just at the wall, Ta-da! 1K time.

I mean honestly both options aren't ideal but they are what we have for Honoka.

CookingMama

What are some uses you all are seeing for the 2P+K46P? The only use I can really see for it now is after a walled 6t kinda like 214P+K's purpose as keeping the advantage afterwards. Though the 2P+K46P would be side steppable, which opens up the grab or nah mix up I suppose. I never used this outside of juggles (and even now I am more in favor of 1P). I want some other opinions though.

Maybe it has some dank unholdable, which would be pretty good. I'll have to check it out.

Nikotsumi

What are some uses you all are seeing for the 2P+K46P? The only use I can really see for it now is after a walled 6t kinda like 214P+K's purpose as keeping the advantage afterwards. Though the 2P+K46P would be side steppable, which opens up the grab or nah mix up I suppose. I never used this outside of juggles (and even now I am more in favor of 1P). I want some other opinions though.

Maybe it has some dank unholdable, which would be pretty good. I'll have to check it out.
Oh, don't worry, I've never used it outside of juggles either xD
After a walled 6T I think she already has better/equal options, though having another +1f mid doesn't hurt, and yeah, maybe it can be used for an unholdable setup or something.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD