Pseudo Force Techs for Pai

Codemaster92163

Before any of you get excited, these are PSEUDO force techs (i,e, they're not guaranteed). However, they're quite useful to maintain constant pressure and virtually eliminate wake-up kicks from your opponent's arsenal. Also, I'm not saying no one has ever used these before, but it's unlikely that any of us realized that they were indeed PFTs.

- :P::P::K::K: (Allan Paris' discovery) -​

This is the riskier, but higher rewarding, FT option. What you're going to do is finish your juggles with :P::P::K::K: , do a short dash forward, then use P+K to tech them up. The dash is important, or else you may whiff and eat a kick. The scenarios that follow are:
  • You get the FT, leaving you at +22
  • You mistime your FT, but have enough time to block their kick, causing you no real penalties for the whiff.
  • They instantly tech, so your P+K hits their guard, leaving you at +1
  • They instantly tech and try to attack, so you get a SDS and free launch
  • They instantly tech and counter/SS, giving you a chance at CT/HCT damage.
It's risky because once they adapt and learn to SS or counter, you're caught in a guessing game. Now, the game can play very well for you should you guess correctly, and you're obviously in a superior position to that of your opponent, but guess wrong and you've lost the momentum. In addition, compared to the other PFT, you gain more damage overall, since the other requires a constant sacrifice to damage, similar to her old :P: > :P: > :P+K: FT back in vanilla.

- :9::K: > :6::K: (Codemaster92163's discovery) -​

This is the safer, but less rewarding, FT option. This is best done after using her :4::6::H+K: rebound. It's follows the same pattern as her :9::K: > :6::K::P::7::K: juggle ender, save for the fact that you stop at :6::K: and follow up with :P+K: . The scenarios that follow are:

• You get the FT, leaving you at +22
  • They instantly tech, leaving you between -2 to -4 depending on weight and rebound height.

Those are the two basic scenarios that can proceed this PFT. At your discretion, you can add an additional layer of mixup by transitioning into HKS. If they're consistently teching, you can use :9::K: > :6::K::P::9::P+K: to enter HKS and cause problems for your opponent. Use the throw for 30+ damage and +10 frames, use the low to start a new combo, or use the punch for +1 on block or a reset to the PFT situation, since you can use :6::K: on launch and continue from there.

Concerning heavyweights, you can use the PPKK FT just fine, but the second doesn't connect. You can adjust it to work similarly by replacing :9::K: > :6::K: with :P: > :3::3::P: or just :P::P: .

The great thing about having 2 (and likely several more variations) is that you can change which one you use based on the current situation. It's entirely up to you how to use these setups, so get creative and see if you like them. And, as always, #SupportThePai

Last edited:

Codemaster92163

After the FT, I usually either do a throw, :4::K:, :1::H+K:, :2::P+K::K::P:, :2::H+K:, or :P+K:. They're not the only options, but they're all useful in their own ways based on what the opponent does. :2::P+K::K::P: is one of my personal favorite attacks, especially after a FT, since it starts as a high crush, transitions into a step killer, and can either leave you in BT for the cancel or hit them back down with the final :P: which, if you use that move yourself, you'll notice so few people are patient enough to ever block it.

If I whiff (for the :9::K: :6::K: FT), I either block, use :P::K:, :1::H+K:, or :2::P:

Last edited:

Timasty

Really useful information. I really do like the idea with the 9K 6K P+K.
The one I like using is this: 46H+K 9K 9K 66H+K. +23 FA on success; only -4FA or -5FA if they Tech Roll.

Codemaster92163

Got another one, actually. After 46H+K, you can do 4 jabs then use 66P+K. It's really great in that you're left in crouching at only -4, and her crouching 4P dodges/crushes a LOT of stuff.

Codemaster92163

Oh, and 2 more things (sorry, keep forgetting to add these when I figure them out).

After a wall splat and wall juggle (which will usually end in PPKK), you can do P > P+K for a FT or a -4 position if they tech. For less negatives, but not a guaranteed tech, use 2P > 2P. You'll be at -2 if they tech. Obviously, the first hits in both of these strings should whiff as the opponent falls to the ground. The second hits are what should connect if they don't tech.

Another option, which while not a PFT, but complements the previous two nicely, is to use 3P_K when they start instantly teching. You'll either get the huge damage/launch from it. coupled with a strong juggle, or they may block and you'll get the GB and free SDS that follows. Even playing against great players, I've not had one counter it yet. It's even better considering you can always cancel it if you fear a counter.

Timasty

- 46H+K 2P 66H+K. Success: +25 FA; Tech Roll: -1 FA. The only issue: the small reach of 2P. Does not work for example with this BnB: 6KP7K 66KP 6_P 6_P 46H+K 2P (whiff). Instead use 46H+K 6_P 2P. But if they TR, it's -5FA instead (still pretty good though).
- 46H+K 9K P(whiff) 2P (small dash:66) 66P+K. Success: +22FA; Tech Roll before 2P hit: -2FA; Tech Roll after 2P hit: +27 (if they don't block low or hold low). And pay attention when you'll whiff the P after 9K and when not!
(Btw, the 2P gives you a FA of +36, so you do have little time to make the dash before using the command 66P+K)

Timasty

Got something really sweet. The forced get-up 66KP is actually really good! Especially after a 6K or 2_4P exceeding the 28 Critical Damage limit (or after CB burst). Let me quickly show the posibilities:
- If your opponent Tech Rolls after a 6K or 2_4P, you'll still be able to hit with the launcher P of the 66KP move (unsafe though). Same example using the PK2 H+K ater the 46H+K. If you hit successfully with the launcher on Counter Hit you'll be able to do like 70 dmg.
- If your opponent stays on the ground for (I think around 5 frames), you'll force him to get up giving you a FA of +22.
- If your opponent wake-up kicks, you'll still be able to block it after the 66KP. If you manage to hold the wake-up kick, it'll always be a Counter Hit hold (or above, if timed correctly) which will give you a 1 guess CB setup (4K2 P) or a guaranteed ca. 70 dmg or more combo using the 2_3P+K. No matter if a med or low wake- up kick.
- If your opponent normally stands up, you'll only have a FA of -3 / -4.

Timasty

You can also use 1H+K instead of P+K after 46H+K P PP P+K or 46H+K 9K 6K P+K. It's unsafe (-10FA if TR to the side), but you'll actually get a CH / HCH wake up kick hold (if done successfully) leading to a 1 guess CB setup.

Codemaster92163

I guess I should put this in the force tech guide, since it's an alternative to her FT against a wall.

When at a wall, I go for one of three things. P+K for the FT. 3PP____ for the FT into a mixup, or 3PK because it's so damn awesome/

3PK is amazing for a few reasons. A lot of which we're just lucky to have. One is that it's a tracking mid GB that guaranteed a hit on both block and hit, and its damage is absurdly strong. The second is that you won't be CH if they happen to remain lying on the floor and hit you with a kick, so it won't be a big deal if you miss. The third is that the camera often changes, making it near impossible for the opponent to counter it if they get up. Why this happens, I don't know. Well, I have an inkling, but I don't want to say because knowing does none of us any good, just the opponents.

I can honestly say, 100%, that I've NEVER had this move countered by anyone ever. I use it a lot against the wall, and while it's easy to spot when used just in a combo, the 50/50 camera swap, potential cancel, and the fact that people think it's steppable makes it one of my favorite anti-teching tools.

What's also great about the camera switch is that you'll hit them out in the open when it rotates, letting you get a 46H+K combo for a lot of damage, usually on CH. If it doesn't switch, they're pinned against the wall for either the GB or on hit, letting you smack them right back into the wall for either absurd damage or a reset on the situation.

I use it in a lot of videos and matches, so I figured most of you have seen it by now. Still, I might as well share it for those that haven't watched them.

Allan Paris

The camera is rotating around like that because players are tech'ing to the right or left. The game is realigning her to her opponent and since the attack tracks it makes it all the better when players do tech up like that.

Anyway, if players just tech backwards they would stop the camera from rotating and can hold the attack with no problem when they see it. No need to take the dumb 50/50 anymore people.

Hopefully people read this and learn. ;)

Timasty

I was messin' around and noticed that Pais 6KP2K isn't even that bad while juggling. It gives some sort of knock back just like Ayanes 6K2K (while juggling).

Example: (Cr. Lvl 3 SL) :2_::3::P+K: :P: :P: :6::K::P::2::K: (+17FA if no TR)

The damage is actually not even that bad (Dmg: HCH 79) if I compare it with pFTs using 2_3P+K P P 46H+K (Dmg: HCH 57) or 2_3P+K P P KK (Dmg: HCH 65).
And since it doesn't wallsplat, it could surely be useful near wall situations.
Not sure what's the best option to force your opponent to get up after the 6KP2K. 1H+K isn't too bad. It still hits your opponent if he TRs. If he does wake up kick, you're able to hold his med kick (HCH) and block his low kick (if wake up kicked at perfect time)
Oh and if your opponent TRs after the 6KP2K, you'll have a FA of +1. It says it's +0 FA, but I tested it by using the coms reaction jab (9 frames) and it seems I'm able to pull off my jab (9 frames) first!

Now compared to the CBs near wall combos:
2_3P+K P P 6KPK (Dmg: HCH 82 + wall dmg) & 2_3P+K P P 6KP2K (Dmg: HCH 79)
being able to give your opponent a good amount of pressure near wall is pretty sweet.

(If you fight Alpha-152, you can even use it after a 46H+K. It has to be a +46FA though:
Ex. Cr. Lvl 2 2_3P+K 64P P P 46H+K 6KP2K)

Another possibility to give some pressure (pFT?) near wall is using this:

:2_::3::P+K: :6::H+K: (+32 FA if no TR)

Damage isn't that great (Dmg: HCH 49), but your opponent won't be able to wake up kick if you use a FT.
Only works at a Cr. Lvl 3 + SDS against Superheavyweight characters.
It doesn't wall splat.
It's -7 FA if opponent TRs to the side if usin' P+K as a FT.

Last edited:

Timasty

:4::6::H+K: :P: :P: :P: :P: :6::6::H+K: is a pretty insane pFT: -1FA (Superlight - Welter) or -2FA (Med - Heavy) if opponent TRs (side or back TR ; doesn't matter). Can vary between +23FA to +25FA if successfully FT with 66H+K depending on weightclass. Does not work against Featherweight- and Superheavyweightclass.

Codemaster92163

If you start using the 3PP6K wall splat for the unholdable 3PK_, there are a few good mixups you can use in addition to keep your opponent guessing.

P > P+K after the splat will tech, leaving you anywhere between +1 to -3 on tech (based on if they roll or not). 7T > 2P will leave you at neutral and up, though 2P doesn't FT if the opponent isn't hitting buttons.

Another interesting thing is using 3P4 instead of the kick. 3P4 > PK will crush both WUKs and get you around 70 something damage based on weight class.

Hope this helps

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD