Raidou gameplay discussion

ThisLateGamer

Standard Donor
Jinrai-Jinpusatsu seems really easy to do with my weeks of practice. Tenho-Gorai-Sho is a hit and miss if I don't time it right.

Jason McKay

Hey guys just came up some stuff from the lab that I'd thought could be useful, now I'm new here and nowhere near a professional so this stuff might not be the best but it was working on a training dummy. I was basically trying to figure out if you can get a hit on your opponent in limbo stun for
:4::H+K: and this is what I came up with (the start-up combo was :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:). This was also done on normal hit if you want to try counter hit options then just do :4::H+K:.:

- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:3::K::P:
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:7::P: (Causes instant knock-down, I did not test if there is any force-able techs from this)
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:8::P: (Causes sit-down stun, shout outs to DestructionBomb for discovering that nothing is guaranteed from this)
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:6::P::P: ( shout outs to DestructionBomb for discovering that the second :P: can be held)
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:4::P::P: (:4::P::K: could work also but was not tested)

The other thing I found was a couple of force-able techs that seemed to look pretty good:
- :2::3::6::P:>:2::1::4::K:>:3::3::F+P:
- :2::3::6::P:>:2::1::4::K:>:6::1::2::3::4::F+P:

That's all I have so far, please try these out and let me know if they're good or not as I'm that good and I would like to improve my game and help the community, cheers.

(EDIT)

PS I will edit this frequently saves me doing multiple replies and people having to search in different parts of the discussion

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Hey guys just came up some stuff from the lab that I'd thought could be useful, now I'm new here and nowhere near a professional so this stuff might not be the best but it was working on a training dummy. I was basically trying to figure out if you can get a hit on your opponent in limbo stun for
:4::H+K: and this is what I came up with (the start-up combo was :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:). This was also done on normal hit if you want to try counter hit options then just do :4::H+K:.:

- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:7::P: (Causes instant knock-down, I did not test if there is any force-able techs from this)
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:8::P: ( Causes sit-down stun, I did test if there is anything guaranteed)
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:6::P::P:

The other thing I found was a couple of force-able techs that seemed to look pretty good:

That's all I have so far, please try these out and let me know if they're good or not as I'm that good and I would like to improve my game and help the community, cheers.

:8::P: I believe leaves you at +12 so you won't get any guaranteed unless they out on fastest, still possible to sneak it for surprises since it's instant.
:6::P::P: the last hit can be held, even on BT. Might be useful if they are unfamiliar with Raidou.

Last edited:

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
66K followed by 66T.

The idea is alright incase people choose to step or trying to attack after getting hit from the initial stun, although it's risky in certain cases. You may find individuals who don't stagger leaving you at a certain disadvantage upon the recovery from 66T, or staggering out and then tossing out a mid that leads them into a crouching/squatting state or hitting with a low avoiding the OH.

Jason McKay

Cheers for the feedback guys its my first time trying to do something like this. Hopefully some of the stuff that I found has helped with your play.

Dark-truth

- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:8::P: ( Causes sit-down stun, I did not test if there is anything guaranteed)
- :6::P+K:>:4::H+K:>:6::P::P:

Those are some nice set ups but isn't 6P+K a little bit too slow ? I like your ideas but personally I would go for 66P or 9P

Jason McKay

The main idea about that tech is what you can get during the limbo stun after :4::H+K:, the :6::P+K: beforehand was used so I can put the dummy in limbo after connecting :4::H+K:, in a match yes I wouldn't use :6::P+K: first because that is slow as balls.

So yes :6::6::P: or :9::P: would be way better most definitely

Dark-truth

I have a CB combo for lightweights
66P 3P 2K 3P 6P+K 214K 214P BT K 7K it does 126 damage on normal health and a advantage of +0

xXSilverSearcherxX

This May Not be the right place to Say but anyone know how much of a monster raidou is in the home stage? Jesus The damage he gets with his Tengeki-Gorai-Sho Throw Is Crazy I Faced an S+ Using raidou in the stage Today and he took 90% of my heath right at the start I didnt wanna stop him since i never see Good Raidou's At all Now Im Wondering why People consider him Low Tier?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I don't consider Raidou low tier. He's not super great but he's definitely not bad. It just takes a player who's committed to play him to be truthful. Raidou is one of those characters where you have to really sit down to play him, have some understanding to the game mechanics, understanding the type of characters your opponent is using (Match up experience) and how to deal with X situations, and knowing that your character is not on speed par with majority of the cast.

SilverForte

Basically what DB said, I don't think he's bad either. It's just that no one really knows what he can do, I personally would put him around mid. Him having one of the best 2ps if not the best 2p in the game helps a lot.

Anyways, I've further developed my 2p force tech strategy. I've said that if you do it after 1pp and they tech, you're +1. Well, I've found that if you do 2p after a lvl 1 stun pp4pk, like for example: 66k- pp4pk-2p, if they side tech you're at +3.

Also, regarding using 9k as a force tech, I thought I'd put this down here.

Lvl 2 stun- 9k(2nd hit of 9k hits at lvl 3 stun)- 9k- guaranteed force tech.
Lvl 1 stun- 4k- 9k- guaranteed force tech
lvl 1 stun- 9k(2nd hit of 9k hits on lvl 2 stun)- 2k- if they tech you're +, if they don't 2k hits em on the ground.

Next I plan to test 8p as a combo finisher instead of 236p, may end in a better oki position, and to test 4k in the PPP-66k unholdable as a mixup option.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Basically what DB said, I don't think he's bad either. It's just that no one really knows what he can do, I personally would put him around mid. Him having one of the best 2ps if not the best 2p in the game helps a lot.

Anyways, I've further developed my 2p force tech strategy. I've said that if you do it after 1pp and they tech, you're +1. Well, I've found that if you do 2p after a lvl 1 stun pp4pk, like for example: 66k- pp4pk-2p, if they side tech you're at +3.

Also, regarding using 9k as a force tech, I thought I'd put this down here.

Lvl 2 stun- 9k(2nd hit of 9k hits at lvl 3 stun)- 9k- guaranteed force tech.
Lvl 1 stun- 4k- 9k- guaranteed force tech
lvl 1 stun- 9k(2nd hit of 9k hits on lvl 2 stun)- 2k- if they tech you're +, if they don't 2k hits em on the ground.

Next I plan to test 8p as a combo finisher instead of 236p, may end in a better oki position, and to test 4k in the PPP-66k unholdable as a mixup option.

How's the 8P one? I don't generally use this move except when they are near a wall for a splat into unholdable situations. I do like 236P if you are aiming towards the wall, breakable or off cliffs such as Lost World.

SilverForte

I actually like 8p, it can be used as a psuedo ayane 4k, as a whiff punisher, and it doesn't guarantee 6p, but it almost does, so unless they stagger on fastest it's a pretty good option. Plus if you break the stun threshold with 8p you get a ground bounce and can followup with a psuedo FT with 214k, if they tech you're +, if not, they get forced off the ground.

Lulu

Exactly how viable is Raidou without his EWGF and Combo Grabs ? Is it possible to get as much damage without these moves ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Moderately viable. However you won't get the best out of him without them. It is optional for you do to the Electrics but recommended for instant launchers or extensions to land them into a wall for a follow-up wallsplat. The throw such as the Underworld drop is pretty optional but doesn't hurt to fully learn it. The super OH throw he has is more of a read than anything, you can toss in 66T if it's still such a hassle but really good for the unexpected.

But to fully answer here, it is optional but recommended if you want the best out of Raidou.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD