Characters Raidou revealed in latest issue of Famitsu!

Update: Trailer has been released!

Famitsu has announced that one of the two new characters is the Dead or Alive boss Raidou. He has been altered for his appearance in Last Round. His body has been augmented to cybernetic technology. He's not the same ninja he used to be, but Raidou displays a big build, electric moves and a cyborg body. If you thought he looked evil before... just look at him now. A menacing face, a darker tone, and the cyborg attributes really add an even scarier aspect to the Dead or Alive boss.

His story is as follows:

After being killed by an explosion during the First
Dead or Alive Tournament, Raidou was pieced back together,
outfitted with cybernetic parts, and brought back to life by
Donovan. As a side effect he has lost all memories of his past,
and retains only his natural lust for power.

Fighting Style:
Raidou's fighting style is Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu at its core,
but he builds upon this with techniques he has stolen from
various fighters. Unlike fellow Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu practitioners
Kasumi and Hayate, he favors moves that make the most of his size and power.
He has also developed some techniques of his own,
such as Tengeki-Gorai-Sho and Rekku-Jinraisatsu.

Sex: Male
School of combat: Modified Mugen Tenshin Ninjutsu
Birthday: Classified
Blood type: Classified
Height/Weight: Classified
Measurements: Classified
Favorite food: Classified
Hobbies: Classified

Additionally, the release showed a screenshot between Kasumi and Raidou. Some may recognize Kasumi's new outfit.

raidou.jpg

Raidou is the older brother of Kasumi's father Shiden, and biological father to Ayane. Known for being a copy-cat character, the exiled ninja ambushed the Mugen-Tenshin clan to steal their special technique: the Torn Sky Blast.

marie.jpg

Get to know Raidou in this classic Dead or Alive 2 cinematic:

Also be sure to take a look at what his older form was in this video:

Last edited:
I uh...... anyway. Raidou! I hope that some of his copied moves from Dead or Alive 1 do return, to be mixed in with his cyber moves.

I don't think we will be seeing Torn Sky Blast as the power blow though.

If Team NINJA decides to bring back some of "his" throws. Please change the neutral throw from Kasumi's to unique. I hated that! Plus Tina's hurricanrana.

I'll definitely try him. I was slowly bypassing the character syndrome with Nyotengu and using her properly..but now...don't know who to pick between the two.

Also to mention he was one of the very few characters that I have never played with. Never played DOA1 nor dimensions. Only from 2 and up so it might be a whole new cool experience with him.

Wow! Wasn't expecting that! Glad to see he's back and the only plastic surgery he got was a cyborg look, as opposed to a sex change and being made unrecognizable.

Still, I do hope to have some more unique costumes for him other than palette swaps. I would like to see a non-cyborg costume, and his DOA++ C1. Oh, and a full cyborg ninja outfit because why not.

I guess I'll have to practice his throws again in DOAD before LR is released. They were tricky to pull off sometimes. Also @Russian-chiropractic19 made an excellent point that in the pic where he's holding the lightning it almost looks like he's stolen Genra's Tyrant stance. I hope this is the case as it was really fun to use and it would make me less salty that Raidou was picked over him. XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD