Rate your Main Character

KING JAIMY

I'm curious to know what drove people to pick their main character and what people think of their main character based on casual aspects as well as gameplay aspects. Hence, this thread. :)

You can either use your own way of telling people what you think about your main, or make use of the following questions.

General

Who is your main?

Why did you choose him/her as your main and since when have you been maining him/her?

What is the thing you like the most about your main?

Is there anything you would like to be different from your main?

What do you think of your main character's fighting style?

What is your main character's favorite move? Why?

What is your main character's least favorite move? Why?

Have you ever considered dropping your main character? Why or why not?

Did you have other mains in the past?

Casual

How would you rate your main character personality wise? Do you like his/her personality?

What do you think of your main character's apperance?

What do you think of your main character's voice? Note: Please state if you are referring to the Japanese or English voice.

What is your opinion of your main character's music theme(s)?

What do you think of your main character's fashion sense?

What is your main's favorite costume? Why?

What is your main's least favorite costume? Why?

Gameplay

How would you rate your main character's moveset in general? (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to capitalize on mistakes of the opponent (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of offensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of defensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of speed (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of safety (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of damage output (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of evasiveness (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to apply pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to deal with pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at close quarters combat (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at long range (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to take advantage of the environment (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

What if I'm in Character Crisis ? :(
Pick whoever you are affected to the most, like the most or who you can get the most wins with. Or alternatively, do a breakdown of multiple characters if you main more than one character.

KING JAIMY

Here is my own breakdown:

General

Who is your main?

Rig.

Why did you choose him/her as your main and since when have you been maining him/her?

I've been maining Rig since the beginning, so 2012. I really like Rig for multiple reasons. First is his moveset. He has tons of options both in and outside of his stances, which look cool to begin with. Second, I like his villainy personality.

Rig's kicks. They are all so flashy and memorable.

Not sure. Maybe give him his +2 on block back from his Bending Stance :7::K:. It was his his only mid strike frame trap.

It looks awesome! Rig is so versatile. Plus I like to mess around with his punches because everyone always expects kicks so they probably won't do a punch hold. Gotta take advantage of that.

Bending Stance :6::H+K::K: to airborne opponent. It looks so cool how he catches his opponent in the air and the 10 points of damage from smacking them on the ground feel satisfying too. So rewarding to win a round with it too because the slow-motion effect looks absolutely amazing.

:2::H+P:. There's just not much to it. It looks so boring and barely does damage. I wish TN gave Rig a :1::H+P:.

Nope and I never will. I actually main both Rig and Momiji and recently he has become my primary main because I am simply better with him compared to Momiji, even though I love Momiji to death.

DOA2U: Hayabusa
DOA3: Jann Lee
DOA4: Jann Lee
DOAD: Hayabusa

Casual

How would you rate your main character personality wise? Do you like his/her personality?

I do like Rig's evil personality! It just feels so badass playing a male villain for once. Plus he has a cool head despite all the circumstances around DOATEC.

I think he looks good as he is. His tattoos even make him look more badass.

What do you think of your main character's voice? Note: Please state if you are referring to the Japanese or English voice.

Japanese voice: It's not the best voice in the game but I can live with it. Really don't know what else to say about it.

Machinations is my favorite character theme after Momiji's Fuga. I have it set on Rig all the time.

I like his hoodies. They look cool on him and represent his evil attitude very well.

Halloween 2014 hands down. The scythe makes it all the better.

C3. I don't like the colors on that costume.

Gameplay

How would you rate your main character's moveset in general? (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

He has so many options, I can't even describe it. The reason I gave him a 4 and not a 5 is because he is heavily kick-oriented which makes him a little predictable and he lacks defensive options.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to capitalize on mistakes of the opponent (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

He can strike punish very well, for example he gets a guaranteed setup into a launch on back-turned opponents and crouching opponents. His throw punishment however, is weak.

How would you rate your main character in terms of guaranteed setups (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig has about five different setups which allow him to get a guaranteed Critical Burst. And he has loads of sitdown-stuns which allows his highest launcher to connecteven on fastest stagger escape.

How would you rate your main character in terms of offensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig has two stances. One is his Bending Stance with around 20 different mix-ups. The other is his Turn Leg Cut Stance with 10 different mix-ups. He can switch very well between the stances too. He constantly keeps you guessing. He also has deep safe stun openers which allows him to continue his stun game. He has a plethora of back-turned options too, all with guaranteed setups coming from those back-turned moves. Rig has also has very good launchers, one of them being i12 and the other launching very high. He can launch from his stances too.

How would you rate your main character in terms of defensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

He basically has nothing except for his holds. If he didn't have his expert mid kick hold I would rate this a 1.

How would you rate your main character in terms of speed (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

He isn't the fastest at 10-12-13 but he isn't the slowest either, especially compared to grapplers.

How would you rate your main character in terms of safety (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig is very safe as a striker. He even has a safe sit-down stun, and sit-down stuns are usually unsafe. His main ranged poke (66P) is safe on block too. He is not as safe as Marie Rose or Momiji however, so this is a 4.

How would you rate your main character in terms of damage output (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

His combo damage output is insanely good but his hold damage and throw damage is lackluster.

How would you rate your main character in terms of evasiveness (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig can use his Bending Stance to get out of his opponent's range, has a decent KBD and has good sidestep attacks. He doesn't have special evasive movement options however, so this can't be better than a 3.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to apply pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig has tons of frame traps and mix-ups which all apply pressure but he can get crushed very easily.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to deal with pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig is a purely offensive character so it is kind of obvious he can't deal wit his opponent's offense. He lacks defensive options. However, he has his i12 :8::K:, which he can use a counterpoke.

How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at close quarters combat (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig can hold his own in CQC thanks to his speed but has trouble aginst faster characters and character with crushing capabilities, such as Helena and Gen Fu.

How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at long range (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig has safe pokes at range and even a blockable Dragon Kick-like move which gives him advantage.

How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to take advantage of the environment (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Rig can capitalize really hard on any stage with regard to the environment. A guaranteed CB setup from a ceiling throw or a slip stun is no joke.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Alright, let's get this hammered out!

GENERAL
1. :kasumi:My main is Kasumi, the kunoichi of destiny
2. I actually chose her in a demo version of DOA: Dimensions. Hayabusa, Hitomi, Jann Lee, and Kasumi were the only selectable 4. I chose Kasumi because that sad look on her face and her occupation as a runaway ninja intrigued me and I wanted to see how she played. I fell in love with her that day. I've mained her officially since 2011.
3. I like her reserved nature and fast style the most.
4. I honestly like everything about Kasumi...I can't complain. I just wish her hair was as long and thick as the day I first discovered her.(It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to me...I love longer hair) I also would like to see some of her older moves return if TN ever does expand her move set.
5. Her style is breathtakingly graceful...I like her emphasis on fast, agile and overwhelming strikes rather than stronger, slower movement. Her sharp elbow attacks are also amusing.
6. My favorite attack would be strings like 6P2K, I love the 2K part because it has great range and I love the animation. I especially love her backturned 2K version because it lets you do it solo and I love the "HWAAA!" sound she makes while performing it.
7. 44P. The input is just too wonky, and I can't do it as consistent as I'd like. If it were changed to 214P, I'd like it a lot more.
8. Yes, when I got more comfortable with phase 4, I honestly thought about going to her and making her my main, but I couldn't follow through...Kasumi just has that something that Phase doesn't that keeps me coming back for more.
9. Honestly, no. Kasumi has always been my go to since core fighters was downloaded on my PS3.

CASUAL

1. I'd give her a 9/10. She's so kind and polite, and she fights not for herself, but for the protection of others. I just wish she wasn't as forgiving to those who have wronged her in the past.
2. Kasumi is very beautiful. She has a nice fit body, long great legs, and her bust is just right, while not being too big or exaggerated in size. She has a soft, beautiful face, and her hair is just a sight to behold.....well except loose, but only in certain outfits.
3. Her Japanese voice is really calm and nice to listen to. I like how distinctive and mature but age appropriate it sounds coming from Kasumi. Her English voice(my preferred one) is also a treat to listen to, and has fueled my interest in her VA Lauren Landa(one of my favorite VAs as of late)
4. Aside from her DOA4 theme, they all are great themes, with ketsui no Toki, and Reminiscent of Ketsui no Toki being my favorites. I love her Dimensions and Club Rayhouse Reminiscent of Ketsui no Toki remixes a lot too.
5. I like how reserved she usually dresses, and I like the recurring dresses, heels, and colorful accessories and hats she sometimes gets.
6. Her Falcom DLC. It has a nice modest balance, good yet simple colors, and her mini pigtails and boot and skirt combination really add a homely charm I like. The weapon on her back is also so epic!
7. Her kimono outfit. I can't explain it....it just doesn't really suit her to me. If she had more flowy sleeves and proper yukata like Kokoro has in her C1. I'd hold it in much higher regard.

GAMEPLAY

1. 4. It's very versatile, can be used in either a defensive or offensive manner, and it can be overwhelming to deal with. Her unsafety and weak damage drag it down from being a 5.
2. 5. She has some nice whiff punishes, and good throws that deal venomous damage when an opponent does a wrong move.
3. 4. She can be very dangerous thanks to her nice offense and quick speed, but her range that forces close quarter assault can sometimes hamper it.
4. 2. Kasumi has very little safe attacks, and some she does have tend to be very easy to hold on reaction or hit in the same hit level multiple times.
5. 2. She can deal high damage, but you have to work hard to achieve it because of her unsafety, and she has to use long combos often to equal the damage output that stronger characters like Bass could do in 1-2 hits minimum.
6. 5. She has a great deal of attacks such as 9P, 9P+K, and 7P that do well in avoiding opponent attacks. Several of her normal moves also do well in avoiding certain attacks as well.
7. 5. It's not hard to pressure with her thanks to her speed and mix ups.
8. 4. She has defensive holds and good counters to get the opponent off of her, but it could be better in some areas.
9. 5. Kasumi is a perfect example of a close range fighter, because she can beat out opponent attacks with her faster frames and counter stuns, and her move set is pretty much tailored for more close fighting since she lacks long range.
10. 2. While she has some good range moves, the majority of her moves have very short range, so she'll have to get pretty close to her opponent if she wants to do much.
11. 4. She has a lot of ways to to lead her opponents to danger zones, and her juggle ability is perfect with uneven terrain areas, and danger zones that send to opponent flying upwards near her. The only negative is that in some cases because of her short range, she'll have to get closer to her opponent to be within hit range, and her damage output is still weak, so she won't do very high damage unless the juggle is longer.

Last edited:

Lulu

Hmmmm alrighty then. I'l just pick one I know fairly well..... shes not my favourite though. I just think shes really Good.

:mila:
General

Who is your main?

General
  • Shes not my main...... yet.
  • I began using because she's Tina's Tag Team Partner..... who use to be my main..... and my first love. :oops:
  • Her Height. Shes super tall and realistically proportioned.
  • Nope.... shes fine the way she is.... aesthetically speakinfg ofcourse..... oh no wait there is one thing..... I wish she had Alot more Tag Partners.
  • I'm no MMA Fan but god damnit Mila has made me a believer....... in her. I still won't watch or play other MMA Stuff though.
  • Her Tackle obviously..... its slow but she crouches when she does it. Its always so much fun successfully landing all three punches after the tackle.
  • Hmmmmm..... I'd have to go with her :6::K:. Of course the move is not useless but I don't understand why the stun for it is so short...... you can remove it. Nobody will know its gone.
  • Yep..... and I did...... and I'd do again. XD
  • Just Tina..... the is was actually a long time ago.

Casual

• I like how shes determined but not super serious like its life or death for her. Its a nice balance because even though shes young and new she seems like a multidimensional character. I sympothise with her brief despair when she loses "Why Can't I Win". And I like her eagerness and enthusiam when she wins "that was a great fight ;)".
  • I'm a sucker for short hair.... hell you can go even further and make her bald and shiny.... like I said....I lover how tall she is and her posture. She stands mostly up upright when she fights.... I think thats cool.
  • I can't really say much about the voices other than I really like them both. The voice actresses really lended the right amount of enthusiam and seriousness for Mila. Perhaps they should shelf the ninjas and let Mila take over the plot. Just so I can hear more of her.
  • LOL..... its got that Rocky training montage vibe. It's perfect for Mila and it captures who she is very well.
  • Hmmmm.... I'm not exactly Fashion Conscience...... I like most of her outfits.... their cool.
  • The Grey Tracksuit (sweat shirt and sweat pants) with the red Boxing Gloves hang off her waist. I think I like that costume because of that scene in Story mode when she was training her ass off for the D.W.A. tournament. I happened to also be training In DoA at the time. I like her Halloween Outfit too.... I don't like Pumkins though. Even though Mila makes for a very cool looking Pumkin.
  • The Diner Uniform with the Apron thingy.... I don't like the Apron.

Gameplay

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to fight at long range (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

• Can we use Fractions ? I'd go with 4.1. Because player's rarely Side Step in this game Mila doesn't struggle as much.... but tracking is a very big weakness of hers. Her BT Game is also way below average but thats not that big a deal because its not often that she winds up Backturned. And for the last of her bad moves.... she's got absolutely terribal Low Crushes. And now for the good stuff. Shes the fast striker out of all the Grapplers.... shes got really quick fists.... but they're also short on reach. Luckily her long legs aren't just for show. She can do some aerious long range poking with them. And if you so desire shes got variety of good throws and one really good offensive hold...... she doesn't get alot of Milage out of hee low odmffensive hold but thats not her fault. Its mine.
  • I don't know..... "Mistakes" sounds too vague. What she can get depends on the type of mistake that gets made.
  • 4.1. Because shes quick and has got the reach. However she doesn't have much in the way of Tracking moves and mixups.
  • 2.5. Because Mila has no incentive to stand around Blocking and punishing stuff like a turtle.... however her Holds are fantastic so if her speed should ever let her down she can turn the tides with alil defense.
  • 3.5. Mila is built like the average striker with 10-12-14 punch speeds. So shes no slouch. Shes not the fastest though.
  • Since I rarely get punished I'm not certain of Mila's Safety. I think she's fairly safe though.
  • As a Striker her Damage output is fairly decent.... averaging at around 117 points of Damage for a full critical burst combo. However if she decides to get greedy all of a sudden then using her mounts and throws she can add an extra 20 points or more to the table.
  • I'd give her a 2.5. Mila can certainly Evade all sorts of Highs because shes a decent High Crusher but beyond the Basic Side Step and Back Dash she's pretty much a sitting duck. The reason why shes below average is mostly because of her Slow FreeStepping Speed. Shes not faster than the VF Characters.
  • I'd give her a 4.0 point for this one. She doesn't have much in the way of Mixups she can use her Tackle Cancels to apply pressure. Shes got quick fists so as long as she stays in her opponent's face then she can maintain pressure. She also has a decent Option Select when juggling her opponent and going for the ground throw. Its not as good as Bayman's but it gets tge job done.
  • 2.5 Mila is fast but shes not the fastest. She doesn't have Tina's throw punish speeds and because she's got awesome Holds shes more prone to getting baited into getting Hi Counter Thrown. She doesn't have parries she so she has to rely on the sidestep to to try and evade stuff but she can easily get caught by characters with Tracking and Retracking moves. She's a super light weight so the threat of extended juggles makes me fearful to wack a button. So uhm yeah.... dealing with Pressure is not as easy for hee as it is for Other characters..... in specific matchups ofcourse.
  • 3.8 Mila has no fast Normal Hit Stuns so if she does fight up close and personal she needs to score counter Hits or catch the opponent crouching. She can fight uo close but she should not attempt to do so against anyone fast than her.
  • 4.4. Now Medium range is right up her Alley. In this case she can bum rush her opponent with Tackles or tackle cancles and she can keep her opponents away with her Long Legs until she gives them an invitation to come closer. Being at medium range also prevents Ninjas from Jumping over her head.
  • 3.7. With decent knockback and a +37 Advantage from a Sit Down Stun you'd think she can go toe to toe with the Ninjas in the enviroment game. But she's extremely linear.... Even with the help of a critical burst she won't always be able to line her opponents up with a danger zone because of her Slow Freestepping Speed. However if she can pull it off then her Damage can shoot way above 200 points. Putting her neck and neck with the Likes of Leon.

Last edited:

xDevious

Standard Donor
General

Who is your main?
Alpha-152:alpha152:

I just love the character; everything from gameplay to personality, she's a really interesting character to me. She's also the only character in this game that is nowhere near human. Also, I've always loved being the villain. I have mained Alpha since early-DOA5LR.

Her original design. Yes, I know it's a nude jelly Kasumi, but she's still original, as the only character in the game who looks like she's made out of jelly.

A scientific weapon born with pure hatred for the world? What's not to love about that? She's perfect in my opinion. Gameplay, however, I have quite a few things I'd love to be different.

Modified Mugen Tenshin (Tenjinmon style); I love it! I honestly think Alpha's fighting style is great, and I love it.

B.U.R.S.T... The reasoning should be obvious.

P+K. I honestly never use it, or even see a reason for using it. It's a mid-p, does not stun on NH and only cause a small stun on CH, and is pretty slow. I'd rather use 3P.

I have thought about dropping her a few times. The reason being I sometimes want a character that can actually capitalize from holds, and deal with pressure a bit better.

Quite a few. Tina, Helena, Christie, Phase 4 and Momiji. Out of those, Phase 4 was the only long-lasting one.

Casual

Like I said earlier: A scientific weapon born with pure hatred for the world? What's not to love about that?

I also brought this up ealier; I love how Alpha is the only character that in no way really represent a real human. Nyo looks like a human woman, and Raidou is a half-cyborg half-human. Alpha is just pure jell-o.

I usually use Japanese voices, but Alpha has the same "voice" in both languages, so it doesn't matter. Anyway, I actually really like her "grunts". I prefer her DOA4 sounds, though.

Alpha-152: Absolutely ADDICTED to this theme!
Liberation: It sounds so dark and scary. It legit sounds like some serious shit is about to go down. I simply LOVE it!
Collapse: Sounds more depressing, but like all her other themes, it sounds just as badass. Once again, I simply LOVE it!

Nude: My favorites.
Schoolgirl: Get the fuck out.
Ninja: I actually like it.
Unicorn: Absolutely LOVE it!

It's kind of a tie between C1, C2 and C10.
C1 because it is the default Alpha, it's how she's been seen in the story modes (DOA4, DOAD and DOA5). I like it because it's how she's "supposed" to look.
C2 because I'm addicted to the color red.
C10 because I think Alpha looks pretty cool with wings.

Every single schoolgirl costume. Fuck that. Alpha is supposed to be a badass, not a "sexy schoolgirl".

Gameplay

4. She has a good move-set, but she lacks a bit reliable mix-up moves.

5. Whiffing holds? Eat my Hi-Counter B.U.R.S.T! Whiffing strikes? Take this Hi-Counter R.U.S.H! Helena looking to attack out of BKO after 33P4P? Hell no, take this low OH instead. Alpha can punish a lot of different things, and her punishes hurt.

4. Pretty much everything she does comes out fast, which is great. She's also one of the few characters in the game with a safe 7K. However, Alpha can still be pretty unsafe if you're not being careful with what you throw out. She also lacks a bit in the mix-up area, with all her reliable moves being mid-p/k's or highs.

1. Every holds she has is just a simple teleport which can be pretty hard to capitalize off of. She has no wake-up kicks that the opponent has to respect (other than face down, head towards opponent, H+K). Also, if you get Alpha against the wall, you've already won.

5. One of the fastest characters in this game by far. Pretty much everything she has comes out at the speed of light, and they can be hard to react to.

1. I pretty much explained why in the "rate defense" question.

4. Her juggles aren't unbelievably damaging, but her B.U.R.S.T and R.U.S.H sort of makes up for it.

3. Her teleporting can catch people off guard, but it's still not too easy for Alpha to capitalize and follow up after them. Both R.U.S.H and B.U.R.S.T can duck highs and certain mids as well, so I'd say her evasiveness is still pretty good.

4. Her pressure game is pretty good, with fast strikes and a damaging throw to punish the opponent when they start guessing holds. However, Alpha has pretty linear strings, so guessing holds can be easy against her.

1. Once you're under hard pressure while playing Alpha, you've lost. It's as simple as that.

4. Like I've said before; fast strikes with damaging throws and OH's. However, the linear strings can easily be held.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to fight at long range (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
2. Alpha players do not like long rage fighting. However, we can close in with a R.U.S.H or a PPPPK/3PPK/3K. Still, we are not fond of long range.

3. She can do a few damaging environmental combos, but overall, Alpha is not that great dealing with it.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

General
Main : Helena
When/why : 2000s, when I bought DOA2. Love at first sight. I quickly empathized with her
Favourite stuff : “All the world's a stage” ; this quote fully applies to her, from her story to her moves
Change something : Her ponytail, it used to be glorious, now it's a sad little thing
Fighting style : It's one of the most unique I've seen in a fighting game, and it's nice to watch
Favourite move : 33P4P ; good ender, beautiful
Least favourite move : 44PPP ; too slow, no use
Drop my main : NEVER
Other mains : No, but sub-mains (Lei Fang/DOA2, Christie/DOA3, Kokoro/DOA4, Eliot/DOAD, Lisa/DOA5)

Casual
Personality : 4/5 ; her role in DOA5 was not her best performance (-1 for her non-epic scenes)
Appearance : 4/5 ; one of the best faces and bodies (-1 for the ponytail)
Voice : 5/5 ; JAP: mysterious yet soothing, powerful yet feminine ; ENG: stupid and awful
Themes : 5/5 ; best themes in the serie I think, I need new ones
Costumes : 4/5 ; where is that f*cking opera dress ? (-1 because I need it in my life)
Favourite costume : her C1 from DOA2 (I miss the good textures though)
Least favourite costume : Black towel (tastell and glitchy as hell)

Gameplay
Moveset : 5/5 ; always new things to learn, I like to rely on mindgame. she has good tools and good evasiveness, an amazing mix-up. she's good against slow fighters, she has good air juggles and good combos overall. she has weak throws but I only use them to put pressure (214T), to launch (BKO_T) or to punish (6T). damage output is not the best, but her bokuho potential is godlike and makes up for it. her grace and her beautiful eyes make other fighters blind. some even sacrificed themselves, thinking she was a Goddess of Love...

Capitalizing on mistakes of the opponent : 2/5
Offensive options : 2/5
Defensive options : 2/5
Speed : 3/5
Safety : 3/5
Damage output : 2/5
Evasiveness : 4/5
Applying pressure : 3/5
Dealing with pressure : 3/5
Fighting at close quarters combat : 3/5
Fighting at long range : 3/5
Taking advantage of the environment : ?/5

Helena is like Princess Peach ; she's not the strongest, not the fastest, but she relies on technique, tricks and beauty to win her matchs...
gesi1223.gif

Oh and she's a stupidly rich blonde bitch too

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
General

Who is your main?
Leon

Way back in 2002 was when I began playing the DOA games (2H). I was set on trying to learn Jan Lee but in one particular arcade run I came across a character that absolutely decimated me. Went to the character select screen to figure out who it was and Leon has been my main ever since.

Guaranteed damage from multiple situations, multiple 2 in 1s on both hit and Block, high damage for low execution combos.

He has a lot of guard breaks but his best guard break advantages come from charging a strike longer than a Power Blow and for less advantage than a Power Blow will give the majority of the cast. The biggest changes (aside from his game breaking bugs) would be to either make his charged attacks faster or get more advantage from his charged guard breaks or to remove his negative Guard Breaks.

I've been a fan of it since maining him and I'm glad to see that his style has changed from being a modified Bayman clone/replacement into his own unique character.

Desert Falcon throw. So much damage.

PPP/44P. High Punch, tracking, safe on bloack at -3, i19, but knocks opponents down and to the side on all hits and it is slow enough that you can't really use it as a SS punish when 4P does the job better. It is probably his least used strike from all the players who use him.

Never. I've been a hardcore fan of him for too long to just drop him for someone a character that can't share the same rewards that he has. Playing fast strikers is too complicated for me and not having any stances makes him pretty easy to learn.

In vanilla 5 Leon was not part of the cast and I almost did not pick the game up despite having so much love for the few games I played (missed 3 and a large amount of 4's life). When Mila was revealed she became the first female character in any fighting game I had played whose character design and fighting style I absolutely loved. When it was revealed that Leon would be playable in 5U from the Momiji trailer (all 2 seconds of the reveal) it was the first time I ever came to tears about a character's return to a series. In the rest of the series I delved in all characters but only ever truly mained Leon with Ein as my best submain with the exception of 5 vanilla.

Casual

It's all business with a soft side reserved for his deceased lover. His personality has been the same since the beginning with some tweeks/mistranslations that made him stand out as "I am so powerful you will crap yourself in fear."

He's appropriate.

Current one is good (both EN and JP). I really liked his 2 voice, it was deeper and had a stronger accent.

Love them all.

Dem shades man.

Hands down my favorite classic outfit is his Trenchcoat. Damn shame it still isn't in 5LR. Favorite current outfit is the Desert Marauder by Dontforkwitme.

Probably the Halloween Wolf. It's actually a really good costume if you look into all of its parts and as a whole but as an outfit I don't exactly care for it.

Gameplay

3. Best it has been so far in the series. An argument would say that his 3 moveset was the best but that was larely because he still shared a lot of commands with Bayman and the wall detection in that game is absolutely Godlike (If there is a wall Leon WILL find it and Desert Falcon you into it). The big weakness is that he has very few string variations and the vast majority of his strikes are mids.

4. He can turn small mistakes into huge overturns through sheer throw punishment alone without taking whiff punishment strikes into the game. His launch into air throw makes his punishments deal 63 damage at minimum. Don't whiff a strike and go back turned to him, 82 damage minimum from one BT mistake can cost matches.

4. He has strong offensive options and a very powerful stun game but he lacks high low mixups on the vast majority of his strings and the vast majority of his strikes are mids. He has good Offensive Holds and is extremely powerful overall with high damage for low effort and few inputs.

2. Only things that prevent this from being a 1 are his 33P high crush and the fact that his Holds deal high damage.

1. He is slow. Not Bass or Nyotengu slow but still is slow.

3. He has a good number of safe moves and guard breaks but most of his strikes can be throw punished.

5. Average damage Leon can pull off in a combo is over 100 points (my personal average is 120), I've seen combos in open space go past 150 on Counter hit and he has I believe the highest damage output in the game, second only to Mila in open space (on Mid weights he can deal 157 while she can do 175 completely optimized on Normal Hit). He can end matches in significantly fewer combos than the majority of the cast and his optimal Critical Burst combos only have one change in the juggles based on character weight. All that taken into consideration before putting the environment into the equation which can add upwards of 100 or more points of damage on Normal Hit.

2. Ties in with his defensive options. He has extremely few high crushes (4) and no command side steps.

4. Leon may be slow but when he gets in your face he can be as terrifying to deal with as i9 strikers.

Again, defense options and the fact that he has to force his way out of defense through throw punishment and 33P.

3. He is a close quarter machine but his speed is the only thing that really holds him back.

2. He has very few options to use at long range and just about all of them are based around a long startup strike that puts Leon into a strong advantage. He has decent opening game if someone is playing defensively but his guard breaks from a distance don't let him utilize them as strongly as other characters.

5. His environment game is pretty legit. On optimized combos he is capable of dealing over 200 damage and has a few stages where he can perform kill combos based on whether or not an opponent will tech roll a second breakable object (all on Normal Hit).
I see people's combos on Danger Zone dealing over 200 points on Counter or Higher and all I can think is "That's cute, my combos aren't even optimized and they can kill."

Overall in terms of tiers I believe Leon is at the top of the middle tier and with proper examination by enough players could be considered to be one of the top tier characters in the game, I believe him to be in the top 10 despite his shortcomings. For now disregard the current tier list placement for him, he is better than how he is currently placed.

Last edited:

indieanimator

Brad, picked him because he has lots of tricky moves & is an old guy that likes alcohol (I can identify with that)
Have used him since DOA 3, but have only done vs. for DOA5U/LR.
I like his unique, cool-looking moves & stances. Something different? Maybe buff him somehow a bit.

His fighting style is cool, and my fav move is flying headbutt because it's crazy like an E.Honda move & can catch people by surprise.
Least fav: not sure. I don't drop him, but do alternate between him & Gen Fu as mains. Been playing since DOA1: LeiFang was my fav.

Has an OK personality imo. Realistic for many guys, having a thing for the ladies. Seems to be fairly cool; not a villain.
Looks & sounds fine. Theme music & fashion sense seem OK. Fav outfit: #4? Brown version of default. Least: white tank top.

I think I'll pass on the ratings, but cool, in-depth topic!

Last edited:

Sammy-Fu

Who is your main?
Honoka (Helena too but i'll stick with Honoka because i use her just a bit more)

Originally i chose Helena and Ayane a lot and i thought i would try her out to see what all the hype in Japan was about...so i tried Honoka and Marie Rose and instantly fell in love with Honoka. I chose Honoka because she was very easy to control and get used to, despite people saying otherwise and i have been maining her since i picked up Last Rounf for PS4.

THE DRAGON KICK. Awwww man, it feels so good to land that kick and watch her do that little stance like you wouldn't believe, she has excellent mix up styles too which is lush.

Is there anything you would like to be different from your main?s

Not in the slightest.

Very comfortable and very interesting.

The dragon kick because it feels good and "ACHAAAAAAAAA!"

The moves that she takes from Brad Wong, it just looks......really stupid on her.

Nope and nope.

Ayane and Helena and still Helena but just a bit less, i mix between the two.

Casual

Okay. A bit too childish but i love her all the same.

Absolutely love it.

Japanese voice and i like it in most cases but it's EXTREMELY grating to hear her go that high pitched when she loses...i heared it quite a lot on hardest and it just got on my nerves after awhile, hahaha

LOOOOOVE IT! Aparat from Tina's and Kasumi's i think it's one of the more memorable ones.

The cow patterns are a bit cheeky but i like that, Japan is awesome sauce! I really like her default costume though and definitely the bikini wear :3

The yellow bikini because i love the shoes, Honoka just looks incredible in it too.

I don;t really dislike any of them....if i had to choose though it would be the Hibari outift, as much as it fits i really don't like the character so that's a thing.

Gameplay

5. I rate it 5 because it's a total mix up of everyone else's move sets and that is absolutely devastating in battle, not to be biased but it's probably the best.

3. i think as good as Honoka is on catching people's mistake's, she is also left wide open, herself on attacks....kinda middle ground.

5. her moves are fast and devastating for offense, i think her mixup's are great and definitely hard to read and also her back hand chop is pretty nasty in catching people because of how fast the move is.

2. Her defense isn't all that great....i probably would have went for less but it's lacking.

4. Her speed is pretty great for attacking, not on all of her moves but that back hand chop which Honoka reels off really leaves a lot of my opponants open because they can't tell when it's coming. xD

1. Not very safe at all. Most of her moves if not connected leave a long period of frame animation which you have to wait for it to finish, you can't get out of that, if i do Lisa's breakdancing move or the dragon kick and it doesn't connect it will take forever to recover from, if it's blocked then it's even worse.

I have to make sure i'm mixing up everything in a fight so i don't get countered or blocked too easy.

3. She can hit pretty hard when it comes down to it, maybe i'm being a bit too generous so i would probably go with 3 or 4.....it really depends on what moves i connecting with but overall it's probably 3.

3. she's got a few rolling hooks in her move set which have her duck under high attacks and potentially avoid bad situations....but apart from that's she pretty average in being evasive.

5. You use all of her mix up's to your advantage and your opponent won't have a leg to stand on. Her moves are so unpredictable, second guessing what Honoka is going to do next is like a science in it's own right.

2. Basic defense functions and when the pressure comes on you don't have many options out of that.

4. excellent. Rolling hooks and chains, chains, chains. So much combo potential i don't have many problems in this area.

2. apart from the dragon kick which is hit or miss Honoka isn't suited much for long range, definitely close quarters.

4. pretty well, the dragon kick almost always lands people into some sort of wall or hazard and her fast one hit blow does pretty much to the same effect, Honoka is a beauty at enviroment usage.

Chapstick

General

Who is your main?

-My main is Alpha at the moment
-I'd been interested in her moveset and since I played Kasumi and Phase I figured I'd complete the trio. I ended up liking her a lot. I just recently decided to officially call her my main.
-My favorite thing about her is she's just plain fun to use.
-She needs more colors!
-It's wacky and I love it.
-RUSH probably. The reach on it is insane.
-BT K, it absolutely sucks
-I just started maining her lol
-First was Kasumi. I started using Phase 4 the same amount as Kasumi the day she came out and shortly after started using her exclusively so I guess she was my main for a while.

Casual

-She doesn't really have a personality, it's just blind rage.
-She looks cool
-Her getting hit sounds pretty sexual but the hissing and MUUHHH's are cool. I think she has the same voice in both languages.
-A bit dramatic
-lol
-The pink schoolgirl with her ponytail. It looks silly and I love it.
-Probably the green ones. I'm not a fan of green.
Gameplay

This part feels like test on something I have a vague understanding of. I'll try my best

-4.5 She has a pretty decent moveset though it's taken some hits over time from the nerf bat.
-4 Gives a chance to start momentum with her offense.
-4 It used to be 5 before the nerfs
-2 Her defense is notoriously bad but she has a few things going for her. Parries, a decent KBD, and 7P to get away. She has her teleport out of wall slumps too.
-5 She's fast
-3.5 Her safety is limited but she can end a lot of strings safely and opponents have to respect when she free cancels because if she gets a hiC stun on you, you're screwed
-5 Great damage output
-3.5 She has some good crushes and RUSH ducks under a LOT. BURST ducks under highs and some mids lol
-4 She has a i9 jab and a i12 neutral 2P. 6KP and 7K being -4 and -5
-2.5 Like I said before about defense it's not great. But she has the jab and 2P to help her interrupt with how fast they are. 7K's good to throw out being i12 and -5.
-3.5 She's fast.. tbh I don't have much of an understanding of what makes a character good in close combat
-3.5 She has some good range options. 3K, 6K string, 4K6K, RUSH, H+KK, FLT P
-4 She has moves with good pushback. Breakable objects guarantee decent damage with a 3H+K launch or can start her good stun game. Has 8KK6K as a universal wall and dangerzone juggle.

P2p1mbs

General

Who is your main?

:tina:

i first got into doa thru a doa2u demo in an oxm sample disc in 2004. i was getting into pro wrestling at the time and just grew fond of her moves and have been using her ever since.

her various wrestling throws

a brown hair alternate hairstyle

im not as big into wrestling as before but i still love her moves

shining wizard (:H+P: while running), i always though it looks really flashy and have been using it as my signature move with her ever since i learned how to best set it up and can now do the move at the absolute minimum distance needed to set up a run

hip drop (:8::+::P+K: on downed opponent), looks silly, slow and kinda useless for someone with ground throws

nope, grown too used to her to drop

:christie:,:mila:,:rachel: and :marierose:. i still use them all, i obsessively make it a point to play all of them whenever i play with the exception of marie whom i use much less now do to resentment i feel for her overtaking everyone in doax3 (i blame her and honoka for tina and lei's exclusion)

Casual

i like her friendly nature and her relationship with her dad nicely balances between loving and typical overprotective daddy issues. i dont like, however, her constantly changing careers to increase her fame (can she even qualify as governor?)

she looks like a stereotypical bimbo but i still like her, she gots it so she flaunts it

japanese: totally fine, more tolerable than her english. english: her accent perfectly suits her personality

i like all of them except "you are under my control" (doa2 theme). also, "true beauty" (doa3 theme) is the perfect title for her

she gots it so she flaunts it and im totally ok with that

too any to mention...

her black catgirl outfit; looks silly and doesnt bare her legs. alternatively, her 2014 halloween outfit (superhero), also doesnt bare her legs (as opposed to her fighter force outfit), is the only dlc outfit i got for her that i regret buying

Gameplay

4, well rounded enough and i love how she has some hi counter exclusive throws

3, im familiar enough with her moves to have a response to anything but theres room for more

5, i would say she has the most diverse selection of throws and her strikes are varied enough to avoid being too predictable

3, her holds are good enough but im not really much of a defensive player anyways

3, shes one of the slowest girls but i think its good enough

3, i tend to get caught when i try some of the riskier mover with her

4, her combos have good damage when properly set up and her hi counter throws are some of the best

3, fair movement speed overall but i find her forward roll rather useless for evading attacks

4, im an agressive player and her moves work well for that

3, i definitely have to work to keep up when my opponent has momentum

5, between throws, short range strikes and even her strike-throws, shes well rounded

4, i only recently noticed how some of her move are shorter in range than they look but i still love setting up while running attacks

5, i LOVE setting up my opponent for wall throws and her giant swing throws are great for throwing opponents into hazards (i also love following up a gian swing with a shining wizard, especially after throwing them into a wall)

Nikotsumi

Here i go! ~ :honoka:

General

Who is your main?
Honoka

I've been maining her since when she was released. I chose her because of her gameplay, when i saw that she has so many stances i immediately thought it was the style for me.

The moveset.

Hmm... i think she's fine now, maybe a few more moves from some of her stances.

She cool, she took my favourite moves/stances from each fighter.

Hissatsu no Kamae :P:/:2::H+P:, 'cause of the red mist/aura thing.

:2::H+K:, slow and useless.

Nope, because she's the character with whom i have fun the most

DOA2 Hardcore - Ein
DOA3 - Ein
DOA4 - Kasumi
DOA5 - Kasumi
DOA5U - Marie Rose

Casual

We don't really know much about her personality, I have to see more, i can't decide with only intro/win poses.

I liker her boo..... xD

Seriously now. i think she's fine, i like her hairstyle.

Hate the english voice. The japanese one is fine, hate it when she gets hit/koed though.

My favourite theme.

I like her default costumes.

C1, because of the blazer and the glove.

The ones without the glove, which are most of her DLC costumes.

Gameplay

4 - She has a strong mix-up game, once she gets the first stun, it's difficult to stop her. I gave a 4 and not a 5 because she lacks range options, the few ones she has are easily crushed.

4 - She does have good whiff punishers and her punish throw is good, despite not dealing much damage.

5 - Honoka has the best mix-up game.

2 - She has not sabakis, parries, or advance holds and her normal ones deal poor damage

5 - She's fast.

3 - Most of her stance transition strings and attacks from the stances are unsafe, but she's not supposed to use them if the opponent is blocking. To initiate the stun game she has to use her fastest attacks, which are not unsafe at all. She also has some good guard breakers.

3 - The damage of her holds and normal throws is low, however her combo damage is pretty much good, especially on CH and HiC.

3 - She has stances that avoid high hits and some good crushing moves. Her walking speed is good as well.

4 - Honoka can apply pressure with her mix-ups, guard breakers, the excellent :6::H+P: and by free cancelling stances.

2 - She is not a defensive character so she can't deal with her opponent's offense. I gave a 2 because she has a good crushing move (:4::P+K:) that may help in these cases.

5 - She can only fight at close quarters combat and she's extremely good at doing it.

1 - Ew.

4 - The damage output from her wall combos is good, she can get a guaranteed CB from a breakable object and her wall throws are excellent. It's not a 5 because she has not a ceiling throw and she's not Leon lol.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

General
Who is your main?
Ein

Ein is a bad ass hes always looked cool to me. I started using Ein in DOA2/U but had to drop him in DOA5 vanilla because he wasn't in the game. Picked him back up in DOA5U and haven't dropped him since.

playstyle, moveset and his brash/cocky personality.

Yeah, I'd like him to not suck lol

As the original DOA Karate practitioner, I think it's pretty badass, it's brutal but also strategic and you can really tell from the way he is meant to be played.

33T AKA the Hokage. Why? you know why ;)

6H+KKK/6H+KK4K. just useless doesn't offer anything.

No, because Ein is way too cool to drop and you can't beat the exhilaration of winning with him.

Ayane and Hayabusa.
Casual

7 - Ein is cocky and brash e.g. "dare ni mo tomareren!"/"No one can stop me!" but you can argue he's still boring in comparison to other characters. I certainlty like Ein's personality over Hayate's, Ein actually has one.

Ein looks cool in DOA5, a definite improvement over classic Ein although classic Ein was way more bishounen haha and ofcourse, those sweet shades.

I LOVE Hikaru Midorikawa's voice for Ein, he has the correct amount of brash and cockiness and it's so rough spoken. Unlike Yuri Lowenthal's Ein which is dull in comparison.

He only has one, Vigaku. It's the best theme in the game IMO.

I loathe 90% of his DLC and DOA5 costume wardrobe. But you can't beat his classic DOA2 C1, DOAD C1 comes close though,

C1. Classic DOA2 costume the best one he has in this game.

I have too many so I'l just state why. too skimpy and fetishy, Ein is a Karate black belt and a badass not a stripper TN.

Gameplay
3. He's not good at all, but he isn't exactly bad either, he mostly struggles because he wasn;t built for this new gameplay. DOA6 Ein needs to be tweakedjust slightly so he can get stuff other characters can too that's his biggest disadvantage.

5. whiff punishment is what Ein excels at, range game is godlike too, one 46P and you're across the map wishing you hadn't ran in.

3. he has some good stuns like H+K and CH 3P, but too many of his strings are unsafe or slow enough that he can easily get outpoked.

3. he doesn't have any parries or anything super special, but with good spacing and throw punishment you can defeat even the trickiest of foes. It just takes ALOT of work.

2. Ein is fairly slow. i20 CB, i10 neutral poke. his best mid is i13. and best low is i14.

2. Ein has some safe moves but alot are unsafe and can be throw punished fairly easily.

3. his damage is quite mediocre, highest stun juggle I've found is about 100 highest CB combo is 125(including initial CB)

2. You can't really do much outside of back dash and sidestepping to evade.

3? it depends a god CH 3P can net you quite a bit, but he doesn't have alot of plus frames or guardbreaks so it's fairly poor.

2. Close quaters = bad news for Ein who doesn't have the mix up or lows to deal with it since his two best lows are i14 and i16.

see above.

5. Ein has good range on almost everything, H+K and 46P can catch people a good fairways away.

3. in DOA5 Ein has good wall setups that can lead into force ups or guaranteed PB/4P+K but He can't get anything special from dangerzone bounces or the Danger Zone stage like most characters can.

Last edited:

Darkslay

This thread is awesome, i'm having a great time reading all of people's opinions and stories, real good stuff here.

General

Who is your main?

The goddamn Dragon, Jann Lee. :jannlee:

I've told this story multiple times on different places, ever since the first DOA, PS1 version, from a really early point in my life i've idolized Bruce Lee, and in DOA i saw a character named “Lee” and immediately picked him, never looked back ever since, JL was the first Bruce Lee inspired character i ever saw, i played Tekken until way later and i hadn't only played SF2 at that point, not Super, where Fei Long was introduced.

That he's not a Bruce Lee “clone”, everything from his appearance and story backs this up, he feels more like a guy that's a really huge fan of Bruce Lee, like i am, and many other are.

Its clear JL has been one of the most abruptly modified characters in DOA, but i honestly like that, he's an original main cast character, he gets new default costumes every game, his stances and animations have changed multiple times, TN clearly cares about this character, i've said this for years now, the main thing i wish is for his old SSP and K to come back, gameplay-wise.

Absolutely fantastic, just watch this;

I've also said this in another thread, i'll say it again here;
Dragon Kick (:236::K:): This move made me fall in love with Jann Lee and DOA, no joke, this is still to this day the most accurate representation of my life long idol's most iconic move, 85 frames of animation on whiff and an estimate of 124 frames on hit, this is THE most elaborate move in DOA and any fighting game to date, love it or hate it, its a true testament to the immortal legacy of Bruce Lee.

I guess his SS K since its not as good as his old one, lol. I don't really dislike any of his moves.

Not even once, even with all the changes he's had over the years, i still find this character to be an absurd amount of fun, i'll never drop this character, not after “knowing” him for over a decade.

I've also been playing Ryu since the first DOA, i couldn't believe the character from the NES series, was now in a fighting game, first “guest” character lol, i also love Ryu to death, but don't dedicate as much time on him as i do Lee.

Casual

Its awesome, and goes perfectly with his story, he clearly has a sensitive side, but all his hardship made him a stronger person, quite realistic actually.

Also great, normally you would just see a random dude, like in his C3, but you actually see him in action... Everything changes.

His voice in DOA1 is freaking awesome, one of the reasons i go back to that game once in a while, many will agree that his voice in DO2-4 was also one the most iconic, i really like both his voices in this game as well, but i definitely prefer the Japanese one.

Lee's also had some of the most iconic themes, i mean, who doesn't love Natural High? And the Dimensions remix? Jesus Christ man, one of the reasons i want the Crash Club to be back is to get hyped to all hell listeing to the Achoism remix, he's got the best theme selection from any character in the series in my opinion.

Its just too good, Jann Lee's always had one of the best wardrobes in all the games, even in this one, his C2, while not my favorite of his costumes, is one the best designed and coolest looking costumes in the series, hands down, the costume has been in 3 games already, i wouldn't be surprised if its featured in every game from now on.

His C4, preferably with the upper part off, his default in DOA5 already has an amazing design, every single piece of detail is astonishing, put that business in an azure-like color, and you have it, best costume in the game, lol. Just look at it m8.
NPUB31289ALBMPM17S0313006028050.png
NPUB31289ALBMPM17S0337006028049.png

I.... Don't really know? His christmas one i guess, but even that one makes him look silly, so i don't really dislike it, again, his selection of costumes is really good.

Gameplay

JL has an option for literally every situation, its insane, the character's greatest strength is his abilty to adapt to the situation, true to a JKD practitioner

He gets to strike punish on a multitude of situations. great whiff punishing, and an OH to boot, making any disadvantage from the opponent, an advantage for him, his throw damage is subpar, but his environmental options make more than up for it.

How would you rate your main character in terms of guaranteed setups (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Bruh.... This character has sooo many guaranteed setups, sit-down stuns, faint stuns, limbo stuns, i could go into a lot more detail, but yeah, he shines heavily in this department.

Here's where the character's nature really starts showing, he has a neutral amount of offensive options, as well as defensive, if you really want to master this character, you gotta learn both, and not focus on one, JL can use his speed and safe pokes to get in on the opponent, he's also an amazing counter poker and frame trapper, couple this with his deep stuns and reset options, and JL is a really solid pressure character.

He has a ton of, long reaching, safe, tracking pokes, making him a spacing machine, add probably the best unblockable in the game and the fact that a lot of his single strikes have a knockback of 5.00m (max), and he can literally keep you on the other side of the screen for the entire match.

Extremely fast, at a base speed of i10, i11, i12 and i13, DS (Dragon Stance), also makes him the fastest character in the game at i9 jab, i10 mid punch and i11 mid kick.

Jann Lee is a character you'll have to take risks with, but surprisingly enough, you can also play him in a really safe way, multiple range pokes, safe strings, guard breaks and attacks that can leave him at advantage.

He can get really good damage from any level of stun and against any weight, his singular strikes also do a ton of damage, but his hold and throw damage is a little below average. not at the wall though. :p

He has great walk speed and 1P+K as an option that covers a lot of range, he also has a decent amount of crushes.

JL has a lot of moves that force a guess on the opponent, a simple 6P has the opponent in a legit 50-50, and his free cancel game is really strong. His mixup is subpar though.

You can use Lee's speed to get you out of situations other characters can't. he lacks defensive options though.

Lee can also use his speed and safe pokes to keep the opponent in check, he also has a decent true mid to deal with characters who rely on crushing.

I covered this already above, tons of safe pokes and fast moves to not let the opponent get in for free. As well as strong whiff punishing.

He can take advantage of any situation on any stage, the knockback on his attacks means he can blast you across the screen into a dangerzone, he can get a lot of stun guaranteed and he has arguably one of the best moves in the game, his wall 6T, this character becomes top tier if he gets your back against a wall, watch out.

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Who is your main?

My main is Christie.

I always love the femme fatale characters who are loners.

Probably her fashion sense. It isn't always great but most of the time she looks classy.

Nope.

I love her fighting style and how it looks so lethal.

I usually go between her and Lisa. And there has been times were I've exclusively played as Lisa.

Lisa.

I love Christie's personality. She's always so confident with herself and is clearly fearless considering she has a pet Panther. And how in a battle she isn't just trying to defeat her opponent she's trying to kill them.

I love her platinum blonde/White hair and killer fashion sense. Plus her piercing grey eyes.

What do you think of your main character's voice? Note: Please state if you are referring to the Japanese or English voice.[/COLOR]

(ENG) I think she has the best voice in the game with her posh British accent but maybe that's my bias. Her laugh in her win pose always makes me laugh.

They always suit Christie insanely well and just sounds like some dark club music playing in the bad part of town.

Like I've said before I think its amazing and if not the best very high up there next to Lisa and Helena.

(C2) She looks so amazing in her business suit and its so much better as pants instead of a skirt or something because it captures that serious tone that I love about Christie. To bad dlc messed that up kind of.

Honestly any pick between the fetish dlc that she'd never wear like the cheerleader and Japanese gymwear dlc.

Lulu

LoL.... can't read them all. I'l have to skip some.

I apologise in advance. :(

Edit: if you read mine (which was poorly edited) then thanks. Let me know where I can find yours. Tit for Tat. ;)

Sammy-Fu

LoL.... can't read them all. I'l have to skip some.

I apologise in advance. :(

Edit: if you read mine (which was poorly edited) then thanks. Let me know where I can find yours. Tit for Tat. ;)

There is a lot here and i don't think anyone minds if you skip. These things happen and i'm sure you are really great person anyway to apologise like that, don't let it worry you.

It's more fun to answer the questions and feel proud about your favouites more than what people are thinking....not like there is anything wrong with doing that either. It's for fun in the end ^_^

Lulu

There is a lot here and i don't think anyone minds if you skip. These things happen and i'm sure you are really great person anyway to apologise like that, don't let it worry you.

It's more fun to answer the questions and feel proud about your favouites more than what people are thinking....not like there is anything wrong with doing that either. It's for fun in the end ^_^

The thing is.... yesterday I read the first few and I loved them. I ready them all but they come faster than I can read them.

Its cool because I get to see the character in a new light. I might even resolve my character crisis.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD