Rate your Main Character

Nameless Sama

I kinda like such threads , because I sometimes enjoy to read what ppl are writing something about their personal thoughts etc.
General

Who is your main?

Ryu Hayabusa and Akira Yuki

Why did you choose him/her as your main and since when have you been maining him/her?

Well , first of all I came to DOA after I played Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox. Since I heared that Ryu Hayabusa is also available in Dead or Alive , I decided to buy it. My first DOA game was Dead or ALive 2 Ultimate. Why did I choose him ? Well , is kinda fatuitous but when I saw/see Ryu then I see some personalities from him in me. I am someone who talks barely in real life and sometimes feel very lonely but that isnt important. Back to topic. How should I say/descirbe it ? Hmm its something like personal tie to a character which you can identify with someone.

PLUS _> He has the most badass Throw in the game -> Izuna. The moment when you counter the opponent near a clif and he/she think " omg what the fuck ,,, oh shit " into the air , where Ryu holds him in a blinck of an eye and thorws him with a turbo 360 speed scream TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA into the ground.

Short said his personal character was the reasons where I decided to play with him and also the reason why I play this game.

I played for about 4 - 5 years with him.

What is the thing you like the most about your main?

Everything. When I talk about characters , then I can talk for many hours. For me is the character important and the reason why I play him/her.

Is there anything you would like to be different from your main?

His Onygion Stance ! I mean When Ryu is in Onygion Stance he is punichable if the opponents strickes low. All i want is taht he can do something about low strickes.
His Flying Swallow would be great , if this would be in the game. I really want his 4PK and 3H+K back. This move was really good in Vanillia. Hmm I really hoped that he would get his firewheel drop ( phase 4 air throw) had but overall said I like him so how he is.

What do you think of your main character's fighting style?

I like his fighting style because he can perform Izunas from Strikes , Throws , Counters. Hmm I will edit if something will come to my mind again.

side note He just plays around with the DOA characters , because otherwise he would be op.

What is your main character's favorite move? Why?

All kind of Izuna Drops and his expert mid kick counter -> because its looks fucking awesome and deals good damage. Its a secret technique huehuehue

4p+k + p+k ( opponent lying on the ground) => it looks awesome and gives you a guarantee combo if you hit.

Onygion H this move saved my ass manytimes.
46T = Troll move if used correctly

Phase 4 => Air Throw and her telports in general

Akira => 346P , Knee , P+K +423T + 46T

oh shit only 1 move hmm okay.

Have you ever considered dropping your main character? Why or why not?

Never. Ryu is a irreplaceable character. In general characters should be irreplaceable. Why do you want to throw him/her away ? I never couldnt do that.

Did you have other mains in the past?

I currently play with Phase 4 (3. Main ) which is almost the perfect female Tag Partner to Ryu and sometimes I play with Kasumi. ( Sub) , Ein ( sub)

Casual

How would you rate your main character personality wise? Do you like his/her personality?

I like his personality otherwise I wouldn´t play with him.

Short said Ryu , Akira , Phase 4 they all have some personalites which i can identify myself. When I sometimes look at them I sometimes see me.

10/10

What do you think of your main character's apperance?

Ryu is a very good looking dude. Nothing to complain about.

Honestly I walk always with a hood xD.

What do you think of your main character's voice? Note: Please state if you are referring to the Japanese or English voice.

Ryus JP Voice. This voice actor has accompanied by many ryu players for many years and is a must have default option.
Akira => ORA ORA ORA ; Jū-nen hayain da yo! , MADA MADA alone these qoutes give me motivation and always to keep going.
Phase 4 ENG => She has a mature voice which I really like to be honest but sometimes cant decide which voice I should pick.

What is your opinion of your main character's music theme(s)?

Hayabusa => DOA2 music. The other ones are bad. I dont like them. I dont know how to explain.
Phase 4 I chanced her theme to Kasumis DOa2 theme I didnt like her default theme.

What do you think of your main character's fashion sense?

On Facebook there was a police outfit for Hayabusa. That was a very good drawing sadly it didnt make it. Form all the characters the cop police outfit fits the most. After all he is the " justice " character.
hayabusa_costume_by_torikera-d7eqwgd.jpg

And this , like i said many times , this looks so noble and should be in the game. Maybe someday , who knows.

Overall , I like besides the toilet paper outfit ( Mummy ) and Hanzo Hattori everything. I WISH RYU WOULD GET HIS LOOSE HAIR OPTION BACK HIS LONG HAIR FROM DOA3

Akira looks in everything badass and cool. Also he has infinitive Knees if he wears a BANDANA

Phase 4. Yeah I really like the In game defautl costumes. They are very cool.

What is your main's favorite costume? Why?

I like everything about Ryu... its really hard

When I play bad = Hayabusa blue outfit
When I play Okay = Hayabusa default
When I play good = Ryu Hayabusas black jacket red scarf
when I play very good = His Razors Edge Outfit also Ultimate costume
when I am in bad mood = Clone ryu outfit = Zombie
when I am in good mood and overall = Classic BUSA :p

Phase 4 I like her first one with pony tail and her black and red ninja version which Kasumi had in Ultimate 2 . I also like her Senran Kagura one

Gameplay

How would you rate your main character's moveset in general? (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Ryu => 5
Phase 4 = 4
Akira = 5

Sorry , I havent so much knowledge about this game to be honest. I barely play this game and I am one of the worst hayabusa player , even I played this long lol

Last edited:

Dark-truth

I kinda like such threads , because I sometimes enjoy to read what ppl are writing something about their personal thoughts etc.
General

Who is your main?

Ryu Hayabusa and Akira Yuki

Why did you choose him/her as your main and since when have you been maining him/her?

Well , first of all I came to DOA after I played Ninja Gaiden Black on the Xbox. Since I heared that Ryu Hayabusa is also available in Dead or Alive , I decided to buy it. My first DOA game was Dead or ALive 2 Ultimate. Why did I choose him ? Well , is kinda fatuitous but when I saw/see Ryu then I see some personalities from him in me. I am someone who talks barely in real life and sometimes feel very lonely but that isnt important. Back to topic. How should I say/descirbe it ? Hmm its something like personal tie to a character which you can identify with someone.

PLUS _> He has the most badass Throw in the game -> Izuna. The moment when you counter the opponent near a clif and he/she think " omg what the fuck ,,, oh shit " into the air , where Ryu holds him in a blinck of an eye and thorws him with a turbo 360 speed scream TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA into the ground.

Short said his personal character was the reasons where I decided to play with him and also the reason why I play this game.

I played for about 4 - 5 years with him.

Everything. When I talk about characters , then I can talk for many hours. For me is the character important and the reason why I play him/her.

His Onygion Stance ! I mean When Ryu is in Onygion Stance he is punichable if the opponents strickes low. All i want is taht he can do something about low strickes.
His Flying Swallow would be great , if this would be in the game. I really want his 4PK and 3H+K back. This move was really good in Vanillia. Hmm I really hoped that he would get his firewheel drop ( phase 4 air throw) had but overall said I like him so how he is.

I like his fighting style because he can perform Izunas from Strikes , Throws , Counters. Hmm I will edit if something will come to my mind again.

side note He just plays around with the DOA characters , because otherwise he would be op.

All kind of Izuna Drops and his expert mid kick counter -> because its looks fucking awesome and deals good damage. Its a secret technique huehuehue

4p+k + p+k ( opponent lying on the ground) => it looks awesome and gives you a guarantee combo if you hit.

Onygion H this move saved my ass manytimes.
46T = Troll move if used correctly

Phase 4 => Air Throw and her telports in general

Akira => 346P , Knee , P+K +423T + 46T

oh shit only 1 move hmm okay.

Never. Ryu is a irreplaceable character. In general characters should be irreplaceable. Why do you want to throw him/her away ? I never couldnt do that.

I currently play with Phase 4 (3. Main ) which is almost the perfect female Tag Partner to Ryu and sometimes I play with Kasumi. ( Sub) , Ein ( sub)

Casual

How would you rate your main character personality wise? Do you like his/her personality?

I like his personality otherwise I wouldn´t play with him.

Short said Ryu , Akira , Phase 4 they all have some personalites which i can identify myself. When I sometimes look at them I sometimes see me.

10/10

Ryu is a very good looking dude. Nothing to complain about.

Honestly I walk always with a hood xD.

What do you think of your main character's voice? Note: Please state if you are referring to the Japanese or English voice.

Ryus JP Voice. This voice actor has accompanied by many ryu players for many years and is a must have default option.
Akira => ORA ORA ORA ; Jū-nen hayain da yo! , MADA MADA alone these qoutes give me motivation and always to keep going.
Phase 4 ENG => She has a mature voice which I really like to be honest but sometimes cant decide which voice I should pick.

Hayabusa => DOA2 music. The other ones are bad. I dont like them. I dont know how to explain.
Phase 4 I chanced her theme to Kasumis DOa2 theme I didnt like her default theme.

On Facebook there was a police outfit for Hayabusa. That was a very good drawing sadly it didnt make it. Form all the characters the cop police outfit fits the most. After all he is the " justice " character.
hayabusa_costume_by_torikera-d7eqwgd.jpg

And this , like i said many times , this looks so noble and should be in the game. Maybe someday , who knows.

Overall , I like besides the toilet paper outfit ( Mummy ) and Hanzo Hattori everything. I WISH RYU WOULD GET HIS LOOSE HAIR OPTION BACK HIS LONG HAIR FROM DOA3

Akira looks in everything badass and cool. Also he has infinitive Knees if he wears a BANDANA

Phase 4. Yeah I really like the In game defautl costumes. They are very cool.

I like everything about Ryu... its really hard

When I play bad = Hayabusa blue outfit
When I play Okay = Hayabusa default
When I play good = Ryu Hayabusas black jacket red scarf
when I play very good = His Razors Edge Outfit also Ultimate costume
when I am in bad mood = Clone ryu outfit = Zombie
when I am in good mood and overall = Classic BUSA :p

Phase 4 I like her first one with pony tail and her black and red ninja version which Kasumi had in Ultimate 2 . I also like her Senran Kagura one

Gameplay

How would you rate your main character's moveset in general? (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?

Ryu => 5
Phase 4 = 4
Akira = 5

Sorry , I havent so much knowledge about this game to be honest. I barely play this game and I am one of the worst hayabusa player , even I played this long lol
Ryu doesn't deserve the phase drop and why is it called the phase drop when it was originally from Ayane

Uncle_T

General

Who is your main?
I have 4 but i will talk about the 2 that im best with. They are Jacky B. and Jann Lee

I have been maining Jacky and Jann for almost one whole year.

Jann Lee: His accurate Bruce Lee based moveset and his desire to be the best.

Jacky: He is a very good fighter and he has a cocky personality.

Jann Lee needs more mix ups.

I love their fighting styles. I grew up boxing but i enjoy Bruce Lee movies. Jack and Jann both are JKD masters so that makes them even more likeable.

Hell naw

I currently main Jacky, Rig, Akira, and Jann.

Casual

Jann Lee: He has many flaws in his personality but that's why i like him. He reminds me of how i am now. Young adult, hot-headed, loves fighting, and watching Bruce Lee movies.

Jacky: He is obviously the type that lives his life to the fullest.

Jann Lee: He's ugly as hell. We have similar hair styles but mine is spikier

Jacky: Another ugly one but his hair is cool.

What do you think of your main character's voice?Note: Please state if you are referring to the Japanese or English voice.
I use the english voices and i like JL's battle cries.

Jann Lee's is cool but since Jacky doesn't have one i gave him Bayman's theme because it sounds like they're saying Jack Jack Jack Jack.

Jann Lee: Wears alot of battle outfits.

Jacky: His clothes are nice.

Jann Lee: His black and orange-ish doa 4 costume because it looks crispy.

Jacky: Many people disagree but i like his costume with the shirt pulled behind his neck because it has those wrist band things.

What is your main's least favorite costume? Why?
Jann Lee: I dont like those fruity little black briefs.

Jacky: I dont like his long ass trenchcoat.

Pastrami Sato

Main: Leifang

Leifang clicked with me right away in the first DOA. Granted, I was like six- or seven-years-old and no good and didn’t understand the game mechanics whatsoever, BUT her neutral stance animation was mesmerizing and button-mashing with her felt right. I think seeing her appearance update and her cut scenes in DOA2 nailed it for me. I was a simple girl...

Leifang’s animations were what drew me in, and I still think watching her fight is just beautiful. Even the way she stomps on people has a stupidly graceful touch to it. Not to say other characters aren’t graceful and interesting, it’s just a personal preference.

I would like to see her story line go in a new direction, or for a new motivation to be introduced.

Love it.

3P+K, punching with her back. Successfully crushing with this move feels so very satisfying. Pretty awkward when you whiff though.

Another favorite is 66K. It's kind of goofy.

What is your main character's least favorite move? Why?
I’m not sure I have a least favorite move. The moves I use the least are incidentally ones I could stand to use more (64P for example).

Nope, Leifang’s queen bee.

When I was younger, I played Kasumi quite a bit, but I wouldn’t say she was a main. Just fun to bounce around with. I went through an Ayane phase in DOA2 for exactly that reason.

Leifang takes herself and especially tai chi very seriously, and that’s an aspect about her that’s reflected in any mode she’s in. She can be graceful, cocky, sassy, dismissive, embarrassed, outgoing, righteous, cheerful, and sweet, and the underlying characteristic is her real genuine pride and respect for tai chi. She’s not just a prissy rich girl who’s good at fighting—she LOVES her style and really believes in it. I think her personality is awesome, and the franchise has definitely shown several sides of her.

What do you think of your main character's appearance?
She’s very pretty, in my opinion. I like that you can go either very cute or go more mature with her costumes and hair.

What do you think of your main character's voice?
I really like her Japanese voice, because it’s deep enough so that she doesn’t sound childish, while still being able to pull off those cuter moments. Of her English voice actresses, I think I liked DOAX2’s, but her voice wouldn’t transfer as well to 5’s design… The current voice actress isn’t necessarily bad, but I think her voice makes her sound a little too young.

I set Mayflower as Leifang’s battle theme in DOA5, because it’s the catchiest! Generally speaking, I do like her music.

Gotta respect a girl who fights in heels.

When I don’t know what costume to pick, I tend to default to her black vest and shorts. It’s a classic!

Normally I’m not a fan of the fetish DLC, or I’m otherwise pretty ambivalent to them. Other than those, I do not like her hot paradise(?) outfit, the one with the white open collared shirt and bikini bottoms. It’s not even that I’m opposed to sexy costumes (I actually really like her purple lingerie set), but that one in particular is just blah to me.

I started with the gameplay questions, buuut I’m an average player at best and I still have a lot to learn. But I will say that she has SO many great tools at her disposal, and those moments where her defensive techniques land are extremely rewarding.

SailorHonoka

General

Who is your main?

Hitomi :hitomi:
since i was a kid my brother bought doa3 for the xbox and i fell in love with her fighting style and how she looked
how she looks and her fighting style
yes they should make her :3::h::+::K: bouncy again
i think it's awesome a lot of guard breaks for frame advantage and sit down moves
let me just say her punches and kicks because i have a lot of favorite's oh and her parry because it's so useful it can parry both high or mid punches
okay i don't use this a lot because it's so unsafe :4::h::+::K:
nope never
nah
Casual

she has such a sweet personality she really care for people so i would rate it a 5 yes i love her personality
she looks cute and beautiful
i like her japanese voice don't know why
i like it
i love it very tom boy ishh but she can still look cute and be girly and wear a dress
i love her pop idol costume and her main costume
i hated her school girl strikers outfit , her outfit when she transforms looks pretty sad
Gameplay

4 because she has a lot of different thinks she can do to win she can play defensive and offensive her parry is super useful , guard breaks to get frame advantage , a lot of different mix-ups a lot of sit downs ( but don't go for CB tho because her sit downs are not guaranteed)
yeah that's why

SailorHonoka

How would you rate your main character in terms of offensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
4 she is very offensive she has good poke tools and you can really keep having good pressure with her
How would you rate your main character in terms of defensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
3 i think she is okay with defensive options she only has the parry but it is a really good tool
How would you rate your main character in terms of speed (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
5 her speed is good for a character like her it's perfect
How would you rate your main character in terms of safety (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
2 she has a lot of moves that are unsafe
How would you rate your main character in terms of damage output (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
5 damage is really good she has the strongest punches ( female wise )
How would you rate your main character in terms of evasiveness (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
2 it's 50/50 for her
How would you rate your main character in terms being able to apply pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
5 she is very good guard breaks
How would you rate your main character in terms being able to deal with pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
2 this is 50/50 for her tho with pressure just parry if you know they are going to poke or trying to goo for a guard break or side step her side step is okay for me but a lot of people like too use track moves soo yeah
How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at close quarters combat (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
4 she is good at poking that is what i use
How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at long range (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
1 pretty bad lol she has a few tracking moves but she is just very bad at long rage
How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to take advantage of the environment (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
3 she has a wall jump i guess but it is unsafe the only thing you can do is or grab , parry , hold , or side step if you are against a wall for the other stages she has a lot of unknown things that i like too show , i am planning on making a guide for her.

ShinobiOfTheWind

General

Who is your main?
I Have 2 mains : Helena and Ayane.

I always played most of the characters, and picked them up randomly. So i used to main Helena and Ayane since DOA2 and DOA1. I choose them because of their characters in a nutshell.

Helena : her originality, her class, her story, her beauty.
Ayane : her story, her beauty, and the fact she was underestimated.

No for the two of them. Just more moves for all the characters ! Ahah

Helena : intelligent, dangerous, strong, and hard to main.
Ayane : fast, strong, beautiful but unsafe.

Helena : 66K2 => Usefull and she finishes in Bokuho stance.
Ayane : 236T => Because I love playing football on people's shoulders !

I don't have any, I use almost all their moves so I can't answer.

I never will because I love them so much.

Yes, Kasumi, Ryu, Jann Lee, Leifang and Hayate.

Casual

Helena : 9/10 => I love her story, she lost her mom as i did, her father, and a lot she had before. She was used by other people but she's become really strong, kind and mature. I love her way of talking, and her only one flaw would be she's a bit arrogant, but it's because of her living style.

Ayane : 8,5/10 => I love her story too, really sad. She's always been rejected even if none of the things they reproached to her was her fault. She's a big heart even if she tries to hide it, and she's a real ninja with a sense of honour. I love "vilains" who are vilains for good reasons. Her only one flaw would be that she's arrogant too, and too confident.

Helena : She's perfect and represents France flawlessly. I just would change her hair color, because it's more "yellow" than "blonde".
Ayane : Perfect as well. Nothing to change on her. Except maybe take back her DOA5 Alpha version face, she was so beautiful with her freckles.

Helena : Japanese : Great, mature voice, cute and sexy in the same time. English : A big french accent ahahah I love that !
Ayane : Japanese : Perfectly fitting, young but mature. English : a bit annoying sometimes.

They have awesome themes ! DOA in general has awesome theme songs !
Helena : my favorite : Blazed up Melpomene (DOA2)
Ayane : Aya (DOA1) and Tehu Tehu (DOAD or WO3 versions).

Helena : Old style fashion, she's really always on point and i love that. I just dont like that in DOA5 they gave her fetish-slutty outfits, not her personality !
Ayane : Great fashion style too, young but on point. Her ninja outfits are PERFECT (except maybe her C1 i like but without loving it).

Helena : her Deception costume (DOA2/DOA5) + her Napoleonian officer (DOAD) + her Gala dress (DOAD) + her costume 3 (DOA5) + her black shorts and yellow jacket (DOA2U) => I love them all because they represents her the most, elegant, came from another time.
Ayane : NG infiltrator, Blossom of Miyama, promotional black ninja (c38) (DOA5), costume 1 (DOA3), costumes 8 ans 14 (DOA2U), Japanese kitsune (DOAD),

Helena : Second Chrismas outfit ... because it's hideous and vulgar.
Ayane : japanese school swimsuit. I really don't like this.. for anyone.

Gameplay

Helena and Ayane : 4,5/5, They have a lot of moves and are pretty strong characters.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to capitalize on mistakes of the opponent (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 4/5 => Great, but you have to be careful too.
Ayane 4,5/5 => she's faster and can easily zone.

How would you rate your main character in terms of offensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena and Ayane : 4,5/5 => They are less good than Christie or GenFu but you can dictate the whole game when you attack.

How would you rate your main character in terms of defensive options (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 3,5/5 => her Bokuho stance can be a defense, but she hasn't plenty of options.
Ayane : 4/5 => She zones so well, but she's really too unsafe.

How would you rate your main character in terms of speed (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 3,5/5 => Speed isn't her first strengh.
Ayane : 4,75/5 => less fast than Kasumi or Christie.

How would you rate your main character in terms of safety (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 3,5/5 => Once you know her well, she becomes less safe.
Ayane : 2/5 => Most of her moves are unsafe, fortunately, people are afraid of her ahaha

How would you rate your main character in terms of damage output (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 3/5 => her damage are not awesome, but her force doesn't reside in this.
Ayane : 4/5 => She hurts, ahaha .

How would you rate your main character in terms of evasiveness (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 3,5/5
Ayane : 5/5, one of the best.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to apply pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena and Ayane : 4,5/5 They are characters people are afraid of, so once you begin apply pressure, it's almost unstoppable.

How would you rate your main character in terms being able to deal with pressure (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
Helena : 3/5 It's more difficult to deal with pressure with Helena because she's not an easy character.
Ayane : 4/5 The situation is easy to retake advantage of.

That's all :p

YBNDM

General

Who is your main?
Momiji

After Going away from Tina, I'm trying momiji, I've stuck with her the longest so far.

Dem Legs! (and that hair when it's down)

Nope, she's fine as she is.

Really cool! Honestly don't have a problem with it.

I don't have one, most of her moves are generally good.

BT H+K, It should be an actual good evade.

Not yet. I might, but I'm sticking with Momo for now.

Ayane and Tina. I also main Kasumi as of now.

Casual

10/10
Best thing about her, she's so sweet! I love her passive aggressive personality in DOAX3!

I don't like her original outfit.... I like her C2 and C3.

Both her English and Japanese are amazing!

It's alright. Nothing too special.

I like her in casual clothes and skirts. She rocks skirts.

Her Long sleeve shirt/beige short combo.

Her bikini with the hands. Ew.

I'll add gameplay later. Too much of a novice to fully understand everything.

Dokusen_

General

Who is your main?
Gen Fu
Why dafuq not
3 combos=win
2 combos=win
Yes
3pp, because I heard you like sit downs
44p, TN why would you nerf that
No, because I heard you like sit downs
Brad Wong, still use him
Casual

His fists only get stronger with aids
I catch all the young ladies; Gent Fu
Japanese voice is kawaii~~~~~desu
Yes
Kawaii~~~~~~~~
Wizard man
The ninja one, because Seigenl uses it and it gives me PTSD from when I was nub
Gameplay

1, he doesn't have enough sit downs
How would you rate your main character in terms being able to capitalize on mistakes of the opponent (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
1, Because Crazy_Chin_Guy always holds mid punch and I always do mid punches <3
1, not enough mid punches
1, why can't I have a move that parries everything?
1, he can't even hold his hands upright in neutral how do you expect him to be fast
1, if he falls over it's pretty unsafe because he'll have to pay for a hip replacement
1, as stated before, 2 combos=win <-- this will be a good balancing decision, TN
1, this one being serious because his back flip is shit, his sidesteps are shit, tadah; mid punch out of everything
1, needs guaranteed options from reset grab please TN
1, 10 frame mid punch please TN
How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at close quarters combat (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
1, 10 frame mid punch please TN
How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to fight at long range (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
1, teleport moves please TN
How would you rate your main character in terms of being able to take advantage of the environment (scale 1-5; 1 = poor, 5 = excellent)? Why did you choose this number?
1, he's an old cripple

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Ok, as long as it's alright. I'll do my sub, ahem:

☆GENERAL☆
CqWZGhbWIAA1nmE.jpg
1. My sub in this case would be Naotora Ii of the Ii Clan.

2. I'm really into moe type characters, especially apologetic ones since I find them relatable in how they're expected to act a certain way and having to constantly apologize when that's not the case. I wasn't sold on her until that first stream tho; Seeing her idle pose on the character select intrigued me but it was not until I saw her "Sorry sorry sorry!" winpose and watching her stare at me sadly that won me over.

3. Her personality mainly, I love how timid and apologetic she is. Her style and her attractive jumps and kicks also won me over, her looks aside from her long hair however didn't initially. As I played her more and more, her unique face actually grew on me.

4. I wish her moveset was modified so people can stop calling her bad and mashy, she is in my eyes a good character who has everything a zoner and spacing type character would need, but her 8 button kick string, 7 button 6K string, and her apparent linearity when she's not supposed to play a certain way gives people a bad impression and makes us Nao players the literal black sheep of the DOA community, it's pretty much a gag now with how many people look down upon her... I also wish she had a loose hair option and maybe a short bob? OH! And a blue recolor of her pop idol outfit! :-D

5. Her style is very over the top and lovely, I enjoy watching her kicks and intricate arm movements and recovery as much as i enjoy her as a character. I like certain moves like :6::K::K::4::K: and :4::K::K: because in the final kicks you can see how much power and energy she's putting into those particular kicks to make them look elegant and graceful. Her idle animation when you don't move her for a while is also super cute ♡.♡ Her Ii clan stance and it's follow ups are also great...whenever I actually get to use it, it's almost impossible to in an actual match. XD

6. My favorite move is :4::H+K:: I love how she does the move with the flexible over head split kick and the arm movements in the recovery, plus she yells "YEAH?!" which I find cute sounding in english. In Japanese I love her running :P+K: move because it's the fastest flying butt attack at 15i and I love how she screams "SOOOYEEEEE!" in Japanese ♡.♡

7. Least? :K::K::K::K::6::K:: I love the final jump(especially when it's delayed) because you can see how much power she's putting into it and she doesn't say anything, but the move is garbage....it's a high kick replacing a low. TN got the wrong shit if they think that was a good mix up...

8. I did a few months ago...(If you want details, PM me.)If she doesn't make it in DOA6, I'll sadly have to drop her and I'll miss her greatly...she's such a good character in my eyes.

♡.♡ CASUAL ♡.♡​

1. I rate it 9/10. She's apologetic, timid, shy, self depreciating, insecure, and determined when it counts. The one thing I don't like is how she's apparently fine with losing in her lose pose...the fact she smiles and just lays there accepting what she doesn't want makes me cringe since it's like looking in a mirror... I am fine with her being sad and apologetic that she won however.

2. I love everything about her: Her long, long low tied hime cut hair, her long legs and slim figure, and her unique asian face, it's right behind Kasumi and Mai in terms of how beautiful it is. I'm also content with her bust size, although I wish she was given more posterior focus like Mai since legs is more up her alley in terms of fan service. I wish she had a loose hair option.

3. LOVE HER VOICE. Her Japanese one is great, high pitched and sweet how I like them, I'm not a fan of her battle grunts and cries tho aside from her P+K butt cry and her one "AHHOUGH!" scream after certain throws. Her English voice I prefer more, it's cute and mature and very fitting, although I dislike her version of the P+K butt cry. I love when she yells "YEAH?!" and the sounds she makes when she does her low throw.

4. Not a fan of her theme, it's not as "hard" as I would like, it's kinda weak. I use Cascade, Russian Roulette, or The AOT stage theme in place of it. Cascade I feel suits her the most.

5. Not a fan of her current attire, only 2-3 outfits actually caught my eye.

6. Her pop idol one: love the top, tier skirt, and the boots especially...oh and it's not complete without her color D blue frilly underwear. The soft pink is also very fitting and the headband and gloves really set it off.

7. Her kitty outfit...worst outfit hands down, does not suit her and I hate the navel cut out and the unecessary exposed skin, revealing does not suit her. Her towel outfit also can go kick rocks, no shoes is a no go.

>_< GAMEPLAY >_<​

1. 4/5. Her moveset is basically the complete package for a zoner type character, she could use more options and less frames and more safety in some areas but it's acceptable.

2. 5/5. Naotora is an excellent whiff punisher and can crush attacks or can benefit from gaining a counter hit from a whiffed attack.

3. 3/5. Offense isn't really her strong point, but she is capable of being the offender if you're willing to take a lot of risks such as being held quickly and evaded and interrupted.

4. 5/5 Her strong point. Playing carefully and striking at the right moment is where she can excel at. This is her underrated style since it's actually tedious playing her technically and without abusing her K and 6K string, but it's very rewarding.

5. 4/5 She isn't the fastest especially up close but she's decent: 11i/14i/14i in punches and 11i/12i/14i in kicks.

6. 3/5. She's not safe at a glance but she has quite a few attacks that are safe to throw out there, with the majority being moves such as PK and 4P that actually are safe at max distance. Her GBs make up for her lack of safe attacks, as well as the distance she can hit at.

7. 4/5. Great damage output, more or so if you play her the risky but easier way: offensive. If played defensive and interrupting at the right moments, she can definitely hurt a health bar in little time. Her apparent linearity drags her down from a 5.

8. 3/5. Average, she's more evasive from a distance but can evade like any other person.

9. 2/5 She's not very good at pressuring outside of stun, but when she does get one, it'll be a lot riding against the opponent, whether it be her finishing her strings when you least expect it, mixing up, or probably the scariest: a hi counter 66T throw, or even 6H+KKK. :p Her firm of pressure in general is baiting for her opponent to hold so she can either throw punish or launch them for quick damage.

10. 3/5. Not the best at handling pressure and her holds aside from her mid punch one doesn't really give her space, but she has basic stuff such as 2P and 2H+K that make her an average moe.

11. 2/5 She's bad at CQC against most of the cast who are 9 or 10 framers, or who have any attacks in general up close that's less than 11i. It's only against most of the grapplers that she actually has an advantage.

12. 5/5 Her strong suit, thanks to her godly range situational attacks changes, she's basically in Samurai Warriors killing millions when she's given the space she needs to unleash her attacks. Her attacks also tend to be safer and less predictable when given room to compensate.

13. 4/5. Almost near perfection, she's pretty much good at this, although what she can do from most danger zones is limited due to her moveset, but her damage is still nonetheless good in these situations.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Naotora annoys the crap out of me saying sorry all the time, but if used right and mix up kicks with punches she can be lethal
I like her apologies since she's sorry she won the fight and getting carried away. :-D She honestly doesn't do it as much as you'd think, only in her BT opponent throw, taunts, PB, and in her intro and two win poses, oh and her lose pose.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Main: Alpha 152

5 Alpha is the dog humping your leg. Half-Life HC throw, 9f jab, 3 critical burst options, FLT stance... a lot more intricate and methodical than people give it credit for.
1 She has two parries and no reversal damage. I swear to god they are the strangest in the game, because it's very dependent on the distance of the move you are countering.
4 She is fast but compared to some of the other characters she's not, and if you don't know what you're doing with FLT stance you will get murdered fast.
2 Most of her moves are completely unsafe, but she has enough tricks to use for that to not matter much.
5 she has the strongest throw in the game... she also has good damaging combos that are not very hard to pull off.
2 she can escape a lot of situations with FLT, and 9P + 9p(fc) but sometimes a lot of her escape tools feel too situational. She stands no chance in the wrestling rings.
5 in DOA5 vanilla 10/5. Her 7K alone was enough to win matches and could be chained even. :D Now it's still pretty incredible how badly people still fall for her 3 cbs and mashing P. The fear effect that comes from possessing a move like Burst can also act as a type of psychological pressure that I do enjoy inflicting on people. Alpha can dish the best pressure out there in the right hands, but she can also have the role flipped on her. I find this to be a fair trade.
2 it would help if she had wake-up kicks and damaging counters... against a wall she is almost always doomed. It takes a very determined Alpha to get off a wall and win.
3 It really depends on the character... Kasumi and Phase 4 are big issues, as is Christie and Helena. They get away with using lows on Alpha, so I find myself trying to float away from them if I ever even get a chance to.
4 I am very comfortable if my opponent gives me range. I am patient, I mix up their arrival with 8T, R.U.S.H and 4K, 3K's pushback on block or a parry if they are coming at me with a long ranged and predictable move.
4 I get the extra damage I need from it like any other character. A lot of her throws provide you with extra environmental damage. Rush is a great OH to use on those electric floors, and her 8T is long ranged and provides a wall bonus if near one. The fall from FLT P can send people through a weak floor. She also has a lot of moves that break through environments, but she can't get the optimized damage Genfu or Ryu can get from it. I also love her neutral throw. It searches for an environment to bust people into, and it has a very good distance spread.

Azarino

General

Who is your main?

:kasumi:

Kasumi was the only character in DOA2 that I felt a connection with. Her storyline interested me the most and her personality hit home for me as well. I understood the relationship between a sister who you've grown up with and drifted apart due to mistrust. Kasumi never means to fight but she is made to, this is what made me care for her the most within the franchise.

She is never one to back down when she needs to. Be it slapping someone on the face to teach them a lesson or to move on if she feels that something is wasting her time. Kasumi only wants to help others and improve the lives of the ones she loves, even if they're difficult to remain loyal to.

Kasumi's back flips and high kicks feel natural for her and her particle effects are beautiful, it's what made me decide that the cherry blossom is my favourite flower.

What is your main character's favourite move? Why?

:4::3::h: - :T:

It's so elegant but so kick-ass at the same time, with plenty of petals.

What is your main character's least favourite move? Why?

:6::throw

It's a sloppy throw that I never do as it's not impressive to me.

No, because why would I?

No, Kasumi has always been the main one for me :D

Casual

10 as it shows growth from the first Dead or Alive game to the fifth. She overcame many challenges and her strength to forgive is something to look up to.

She's perfection. Her colour schemes, move set, voice, personality, what is not to love.

Sorry I play in English. Her English voice I like a lot, it is sweet yet has that edge that makes her tough in any confrontation.

I love all of them but my favourite is DOA2's theme as it began with my favourite scene with Kasumi and Ayane in the snow. With my favourite line "You will never defeat me".

Superb.

C1
latest
I like blue and white and I know what the symbols on her costume mean, they reflect on her personality and there was clearly a lot of thought into its design.

What is your main's least favourite costume? Why?

C3 - Dimensions
doadkasumi-jpg.112
Replace the green with a baby pink and then i'll be happy. I'm not really a fan about green on Kasumi.

Gameplay

As I feel that Kasumi shows natural ability in kicking someone bigger than hers' ass. It also looks like no effort is needed either.

Kasumi at 17 was able to defeat Raidou...
She's also a great spacer.

She's fast and has quick hits up her sleeve.

She has the ability quickly get back up off the ground and interrupt the opponents hits.

She's fast...

She's quick...

Her throws do a lot of damage.

Chapstick

General

Who is your main?

:kasumi:

Kasumi was the only character in DOA2 that I felt a connection with. Her storyline interested me the most and her personality hit home for me as well. I understood the relationship between a sister who you've grown up with and drifted apart due to mistrust. Kasumi never means to fight but she is made to, this is what made me care for her the most within the franchise.

She is never one to back down when she needs to. Be it slapping someone on the face to teach them a lesson or to move on if she feels that something is wasting her time. Kasumi only wants to help others and improve the lives of the ones she loves, even if they're difficult to remain loyal to.

Kasumi's back flips and high kicks feel natural for her and her particle effects are beautiful, it's what made me decide that the cherry blossom is my favourite flower.

What is your main character's favourite move? Why?

:4::3::h: - :H+P:

It's so elegant but so kick-ass at the same time, with plenty of petals.

What is your main character's least favourite move? Why?

:6::throw

It's a sloppy throw that I never do as it's not impressive to me.

No, because why would I?

No, Kasumi has always been the main one for me :D

Casual

10 as it shows growth from the first Dead or Alive game to the fifth. She overcame many challenges and her strength to forgive is something to look up to.

She's perfection. Her colour schemes, move set, voice, personality, what is not to love.

Sorry I play in English. Her English voice I like a lot, it is sweet yet has that edge that makes her tough in any confrontation.

I love all of them but my favourite is DOA2's theme as it began with my favourite scene with Kasumi and Ayane in the snow. With my favourite line "You will never defeat me".

Superb.

C1
latest
I like blue and white and I know what the symbols on her costume mean, they reflect on her personality and there was clearly a lot of thought into its design.

What is your main's least favourite costume? Why?

C3 - Dimensions
doadkasumi-jpg.112
Replace the green with a baby pink and then i'll be happy. I'm not really a fan about green on Kasumi.

Gameplay

As I feel that Kasumi shows natural ability in kicking someone bigger than hers' ass. It also looks like no effort is needed either.

Kasumi at 17 was able to defeat Raidou...
She's also a great spacer.

She's fast and has quick hits up her sleeve.

She has the ability quickly get back up off the ground and interrupt the opponents hits.

She's fast...

She's quick...

Her throws do a lot of damage.
6T is her main throw punish tho you should be using it

Brute

Standard Donor
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD